• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! From the days with my favorite Ronnie Santo, to now with Ron Coomer, you are the BEST!!!!!!
images
images
images
images
images

todays lineup...note Happ playing 2nd...which is what he did most in the Minors
Zobie, Javy, AAJ out ~ Hope to see the Lackey who traveled to CO :thumbsup2
With Dodger stadium being on the more compact size, if we can just get some air under the ball, it'll be gone.

I hope Addie is doing some of this tonight
giphy.gif

BEAUTIFUL day in L.A.!

images
lets-go-cubs-florian-rodarte.jpg

DA2x9LzUIAA9YFj.jpg

well not fun to go back to back shut outs...however I liked seeing what Happ had at second. Guys got a pretty quick pivot, played well. I would have gone for the double as he did as well, 2 outs, shut out the night before. Had he not slid off the base he was in there. Lackey great until the 5th, even with the homer we were still in it..but those lead off walks will get you every time. Bullpen was great, good to see. JHey and Kyle, crushed those fouls, just gotta straighten those out .Held my breath when JHey went over the wall...what an effort tho. Thank heaven Kershaw wasn't pitching tonight with Joe Buck announcing, lol. I was listening to Pat and Ron but saw the camera panned on Kershaw,,can just imagine Buck stammering and drooling. Addie was at least one of the hits, so that's an improvement of sorts for him..and Miggy scrapes one out too. The Uniforms were pretty cool, I appreciate the acknowledgement from the league. I think San Diego tends to go big for Memorial Day too. Hope Zobie's wrist isn't a big deal, liking him at LO. The weather was spectacular though!
ETA: Zobie questionable for tomorrow :(

Last edited:

Today's avoid the sweep lineup
DA7XekoVYAAc16w.jpg

Zobies wrist still an issue, but Javy looked good at LO , and remember that one that *almost* went out against Kershaw Game 2 last fall? KB, Riz and Addie have had success as well, gonna need that again today, for sure.
as far as pitching match up, here ya go

Lester is 2nd among active LHP with 149 career wins; Kershaw 4th with 133 wins

I'll take a W any way we can get it today...and let's go Diamondbacks and Rockie's lol

We may not have gotten the W but Kershaw didn't get the W, his strike out record he was after, and we tied for most hits and homers off of him! Drove up his pitch count to get him outta there by the 5th. To me, that on a great pitcher was terrific. Willy hit that homer off Kershaw last fall, and another today , has to feel good. Speaking of Kershaw, his little pouting fest when he was on first after Riz hit the 2 run bomb...Diva much? The Ump did no favors for Lester, that 2/2 pitch in the 2 or 3rd? How on earth was that NOT strike? Oh well, I am happy we saw tough pitching, needed to be done. Again, too many RISP...but I liked a lot of today's game.

Last edited:
They are 11 games over 500 and are a very good team. We are struggling. I was hoping they would do better but at least they scored today.
Yeah, it has to be beyond frustrating for these guys,( tonight's lineup had 8 guys under the age of 27) Javy set the tone, and they did really well working the pitch count.
the snarky voice in my head kept saying Give it all you got Kershaw, the guys hitting off of you have something you don't .
images
images

The I returned to myself and remembered he is a nice guy, stellar pitcher and has had a lot of personal loss and really, it has to drive him a little crazy that he hasn't gotten there yet. I didn't appreciate his snub of Rizzo tho, Riz the nicest guy, chats with just about EVERY player when they are on 1st~and the Dodger's were still up by 2 at that time. :confused3

Stinks the Brewers won, but at least STL lost too. They face the Dodgers AGAIN tomorrow for a 4 game series..weird as they just played them 3 days ago.
Should be fun for the team to see Szczur and Cahill :goodvibes

Last edited:
The most important flag flies in remembrance of all who have served and are serving...Thank you
giphy.gif

As far as hoping for the other flag, here is your Cub lineup

ZoGoes~WeGo

DBAsHhgXkAQvDgy.jpg:large

Last edited:
I'm the lone fan here today...and could only listen to the game~ Kyle had a stellar start, as did the offense but after wasting Addies triple...all downhill. EXCEPT Addies diving catch in the 7th! We got nine beautifully wrapped gifts(walks)but guess the Cubs stick with it is better to give than receive. KB pressing but boy that bomb JUST missed, maybe swings momentum. We protected our 1st place spot of leaving the most RISP...and got 2 more gifts with the Brewers and STL losing. I love the Military theme and Uni's , but we have lost every game in them...time to get back into our Cubbie Blue.

Tough couple of days for the Cubs and their fans! :crazy2:

Regardless of their performance we decided to go see them against the Braves in July. Taking the son with us since he's bummed about missing (actually not invited!) the Chicago trip.

Hoping for a W soon! My flag pole looks so empty...

Hope you all had a restful and thankful Memorial Day weekend!

I'm the lone fan here today...and could only listen to the game~ Kyle had a stellar start, as did the offense but after wasting Addies triple...all downhill. EXCEPT Addies diving catch in the 7th! We got nine beautifully wrapped gifts(walks)but guess the Cubs stick with it is better to give than receive. KB pressing but boy that bomb JUST missed, maybe swings momentum. We protected our 1st place spot of leaving the most RISP...and got 2 more gifts with the Brewers and STL losing. I love the Military theme and Uni's , but we have lost every game in them...time to get back into our Cubbie Blue.
You weren't the only fan here, per se...I was just not in the posting mood.

I don't care for those particular uniforms for Memorial day weekend. For veteran's day, maybe. Memorial day is supposed to be in remembrance of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country. I guess in my mind, it should be half black and half red, white & blue. Black to remind us of their sacrifice and red,white & blue to remind us of the freedoms we enjoy due to their sacrifices. Or maybe black hat/socks and red,white & blue uniform.

I guess it's more embrace the suck time...the guys just look off all the way around (except maybe Rizzo...he's still strokin 'em good)...several seem like they're on the verge of breaking out, but the leaving RISP is KILLING us. Problem is, it's such a mental game and right now, I think mentally, they're screwing themselves up. I keep hoping for a breakout soon. It's depressing seeing guys with so much more potential and struggling so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter