Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I fear Lackey may be at that point where he's about done. He had a good career but probably time to hang it up.
I fear Lackey may be at that point where he's about done. He had a good career but probably time to hang it up.
I would pay serious $ to see you walk up to Big John and suggest that lol. KB's error, Rizzo,s mistake, Jay misjudging that first hit all came into play. John had some strikes that didn't get called too. Todays game was on our offense. They anticipated strikes as first pitches , couldn't adjust to such slow stuff and let Arroyo off the hook early. Working the count to retire him early to get to a used up Red's bullpen could have yielded a better outcome.

Come on Fin. I know you like to stay positive but you have to hold players accountable. Don't blame his bad outing on the umps. That's rubbish.

And I don't know how you blame our offense? Do they need to score 10 runs a game to win? Our pitching is absolute garbage right now.

Come on Fin. I know you like to stay positive but you have to hold players accountable. Don't blame his bad outing on the umps. That's rubbish.

And I don't know how you blame our offense? Do they need to score 10 runs a game to win? Our pitching is absolute garbage right now.

Did you not just say hold players accountable? That's exactly what I posted about the offense and defense :confused3

Not blaming it all on the ump at all, I am saying Lackey still has his stuff and today's Ump could have called a strike as easily as he didn't a few times. As far as today's game, IMHO I believe defensive errors and swinging at the first pitch all day (keeping Arroyos count low) were just as responsible as any hits Lackey gave up. Honestly, only 2 bad pitches did the damage. The homer and Kivlehan's double. I don't think today's outcome was due only to our pitching. Our guys didn't adjust to what were slow speed pitches, didn't get on base. Once the Reds bullpen got in there and the Cubs were seeing 90+mph again, we started hitting..a little too late. As much as I love Miggy, that DP hurt in the 9th~however, shouldn't have to come down to the 9th, but I'll take it when it does!:D I'm no Guru and and am wrong a lot. I was pulling for small ball today , but it was not to be. I stay positive because I love watching these guys play good or bad..not to be a rah-rah.

It's April baseball, lol......changes as fast as the weather. Head's up tho folks, STL chipping away moving up . We have a tough as heck schedule and some 30+ games with little time off.

Last edited:
KEWZ! Zobie came thru for you today! Tough loss for sure, could almost taste the sweep, but we didn't get it done. Turn the page , boys...attack the Pirate's tomorrow night! We're still in first, let's keep it!

Once again we were on the road and had to rely on technology to keep us updated. I was happy to see Zobie had a better day. Sorry to see we couldn't pull off another win-it-all-at-the-very-end game. I know you win some and lose some but winning just feels so much better!

Here's to tomorrow night and hopefully flying the W!

Once again we were on the road and had to rely on technology to keep us updated. I was happy to see Zobie had a better day. Sorry to see we couldn't pull off another win-it-all-at-the-very-end game. I know you win some and lose some but winning just feels so much better!

Here's to tomorrow night and hopefully flying the W!

Yeah, that was a bummer...I thought we were going to after the runs and the wild pitch...I was sooo thinking, we're going to do it again!!! Where's that heartbeat monitor while watching Cubbies? It applies for listening too!

I'm debating about biting the bullet and getting mlb.tv subscription. I can't find any free streaming. :(

I was just going to ask what app that was. But doesn't mlb.tv only work for out of area games?

We've enjoyed having MLB.com since we've been away from home/out of town for several games. There was a short period of time today while in TN we couldn't get the game. Not sure why it was blocked there though. :confused3

What kind of phone do you have?

I'm not sure if you're asking me but it's an iPhone 7+.

And hey look! We just scored again! :jumping3:

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE W
UrbanGameday.jpg

Wow! I wish they had saved a few of those runs.
Let the bats stay hot~JHey looking goooooood :cool2: ! Pulling for Kyle to have his breakthrough tomorrow, and that our bats give him a nice lead like Anderson had today. Cole pretty good , but I think our boys are tasting payback. I am still watching for some small ball, and and hoping that not having The Wizard of Boz this next week goes smoothly.

Last edited:
He couldn't head to Madison due to a previous commitment, but Theo sends his WARMEST wishes!:bday:
Baseball-God.jpg
blogger-image--1788312041.jpg
IMG_0094.jpg

(check your PM, the best one is there :magnify::faint:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter