Chef Mickeys buffet returning?

I have been twice to CM since last August; once for dinner and once for breakfast.

Dinner August 2021 was fantastic. The character interaction was great, service was on point, and the food was seriously some of the best we had that trip.

Breakfast February 2022 was lackluster. The food was such a disappointment and the characters needed a few more cups of coffee. We will not be returning for breakfast.

Overall I prefer the family style to the buffet. At least for dinner, the food quality was far superior. (We also really enjoyed the family style dinner at Tusker House.)

Family style breakfast was the same disappointing quality that the buffet had always been.

For us we'd be happy if buffets never returned. They were always a bit sketchy from an unfettered germs perspective and now that awareness has been compounded for us. I know others don't care, but for us, buffets are a thing of the past. So our vote is for Disney to keep family style and let buffets quietly slip into the past.

Oh gosh...just saw this post. We booked Chef Mickey's breakfast for our departure day hoping for the buffet. Had no idea it is now family style food brought to you. Can I ask what they bring to the table? Loved the buffet last time with the variety. (Our kids are older so the character interaction isn't as important)

We have done both the buffet and family style, and we also preferred the current set-up of family style. It was a much better dining experience, in our opinion. That being said, we're pretty sure the buffet will return at some point.

I greatly prefer buffet over family style but see where family style might be easier for those with small kids that can not navigate the buffet by themselves.

I miss the buffets in WDW and Las Vegas.

I miss the buffet too. We went on June 16th and it was still family style. Things I like about buffet:
- Don’t feel weird about asking for more… just go when you want
- don’t have to wait for your server to come around to ask for more
- can get what YOU want not what they want to give you. (Don’t want some of the stuff they give you but I’ll take more cheesy potato’s please!)
- the selection was waaaay bigger with the buffet. Even to where if you had like a 10:30 or later reservation you could get lunch items (hello peel and eat shrimp!!).

The last item there is the biggest bummer.
So although the germ thing is a thing for us, we can overlook it if the buffet goes back to the way it was and taking precautions. So we won’t go back till the buffet comes back.

I have a reservation. We're just hoping to see the characters. I will miss the buffet, but the family style will be just fine. (sadly this is an alternate to Toppolinos - we could only get 12:30 and the characters are done at noon.)

I have a reservation. We're just hoping to see the characters. I will miss the buffet, but the family style will be just fine. (sadly this is an alternate to Toppolinos - we could only get 12:30 and the characters are done at noon.)

I had a 12:30 reservation last month and the characters definitely weren't done! :) I saw some of them twice, and they did their dance as well. Staff came by my table several times to ensure I was able to visit/had visited with each character, and the interactions were adorable. I hope you are able to have a nice experience too.

This is a bummer. Chef Mickey's was a bucket list item, but unless the buffet comes back we'll be skipping it in December. We'll also be skipping Ohana if it's not back to normal, which we've done every trip. I guess it will be an opportunity to try new things 🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter