Chef Mickey's AWESOME!!!

but we are still wondering about Crystal Palace. not so many good reviews but it sounds amazing. i heard some good stuff about it.and they say it's one of the best. so we might be heading there as well.. do you think i will be disappointed? well. i wanna make the best decisions.
:rolleyes:
:cheer2:

We have always had good experiences w/ food and characters at CP. I would try to experience it at least once.

Hi, I just made reservations for May 12 the day we arrive for dinner. The lady stated they had Prime Rib and peel shrimp salad and other. The dinner for 3 will cost about 75.00. Is it worth it? I really wanted to try Hoop De Loo, you know, but they only have 3 cat, can you still see from there or are those seats bad? Any advice on resturants, I have a boy age 8. We did Cinderella's Castle last year for dinner and my son love the kiss from her.

Please any advice on dinner the night we show would be great.
:dance3:

Hi, I just made reservations for May 12 the day we arrive for dinner. The lady stated they had Prime Rib and peel shrimp salad and other. The dinner for 3 will cost about 75.00. Is it worth it? I really wanted to try Hoop De Loo, you know, but they only have 3 cat, can you still see from there or are those seats bad? Any advice on resturants, I have a boy age 8. We did Cinderella's Castle last year for dinner and my son love the kiss from her.

Please any advice on dinner the night we show would be great.
:dance3:

Are you staying on property? I would suggest getting the dining plan if you are. For 3 of you it is about $90/day. I don't know about that category at Hoop de Doo so I can't comment on that. Other suggestions for restaurants would be Concourse Steakhouse at Contemporary, Crystal Palace at MK, and Coral Reef at Epcot.

We booked one of our ADR's at Chef Mickey's , but don't know what to expect. Maybe will have to re-think about Cristal palace. We also just changed Mama Melrose for Wolfgang puck.... We keept reading that it'sgreat, plus my dd enjoys sushi. Wherever we will go, it will still be magical ,because we will be at WDW.:cool1:

Kazzy:cool2:

Thanks for the review - We love CM too!

Great to hear. I have recently canceled a ADR @ Crystal Palace for Whispering Canyon. But kept Chef Mickey's. So glad to hear how good of a time you all had. We will be eating dinner there in May.

Oh by the way I live in Tony Stewarts home town. I actually have seen him a few times around town. We love him here too.

:confused3 We have ADR's on our trip...for dinner. Prime rib & shrimp sounds great. We thought a big breakfast would be the wrong way to go(aka-nap required). So we booked dinner.....please, someone give me a great review so I will feel better. This is our only character meal and buffett planned.popcorn::

Would you say the breakfast at Chef Mickey's is better than the breakfast at Crystal Palace?

Cant tell you about CM's breakfast. But our breakfast at CP was first rate. Exceeded all expectations. The characters were wonderful. CP had a station where the guy cooked omelets up fresh on the spot with whatever you wanted in em. He'd also throw it all in and scramble it if you wanted too or he'd fry one for you if you wanted. They had a breakfast lasagna that sounded totally gross in the description. But it was awesome!!! They had all the usual stuff plus a hashed brown caserole that was good. They also had a southwester egg caserole that was really good. The breakfast was so good we tried dinner. It was passable but we were very disappointed. It fell way short of the breakfast. We had a long wait outside. It was easy to identify who's fault it was too. Whoever was in charge that night stank. The rest of the staff knew what they were doing. The in charge didn't have enough sense to get out of their way and let them do their jobs.

Did they have peel and eat shrimp on the buffet? We will be making ADRs next week and I think CM is one the rest of the gorup wants to do. We did it last year and the characters were great but the food made no impression on me at all. DD says there was shrimp - I don't remember. I am not a buffet fan these days so will be okay if there is shrimp and a good roast preferably prime rib along with some salad.

Chef Mickey's has had both prime rib and peel em and eat em shrimp every time we've gone. We hit it on Fridays. Menu's change a lot on buffets so no guarantees. We had a delicious seafood salad with shrimp and scallops in it and also a nicely done seafood penne. YUMMMMMMMMMM!!!

I would suggest changing to a breakfast reservation at CM because their breakfast is sooooo good. My kids are counting the days until they go for their mickey waffles.:banana: For dinner we much prefer Boma or Marrakesh.

:confused3 We have ADR's on our trip...for dinner. Prime rib & shrimp sounds great. We thought a big breakfast would be the wrong way to go(aka-nap required). So we booked dinner.....please, someone give me a great review so I will feel better. This is our only character meal and buffett planned.popcorn::

We also are going to book for dinner, we are not big breakfast eaters. A small roll or some fruit holds us over till lunch.

I've gone to Crystal Palace since my first visit waaaay back when with mom and dad - back in the dark ages before reservations. We walked into this atrium-like restaurant and were in awe. Went again this past January for dinner. It was pretty, daughter loved the Pooh characters, adult food was phenomenal, kid food average (though to them it was exactly what they like)...only real complaint was the lengthy wait to sit in spite of reservations.

I do think it's a place to experience at least once - love both breakfast and dinner though dinner wait seems much longer for seating.

We ate at both CM & CP for breakfast last sept. I am so looking forward to CP but we are skipping CM for our Dec trip. Characters were great at CM but food was bland. CP was sooo good. My fav breakfast buffet was 1900 Park Fare, CP close second, for food and Cape May for the characters. We also did CRT and Norway Princess for dinner and CRT is not great food for dinner or character interaction, Akershus had such good food and great character interaction.

We love Chef Mickey's for dinner. It's a must-do for us on the first night of every trip! This year we're also doing the CP for breakfast. It's been about 9 years since we've done that one, so we're looking forward to it!

Marcy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter