Chef Mickey's AWESOME!!!

heartsy77

2024 taking the kids and grands to Disneyland !
We just returned from our wonderful Disney vacation Feb 14-19! We had dinner at Chef Mickey's and it was great! We also had dinner at the Crystal Palace, there was no compairson! Chef Mickey's had better food, atmosphere, and was a lot more variety! This was a huge suprise for me because I am a HUGE EEYORE fan, but the charecters where much more involved at Chef Mickey's. People with ps seating where lined for like 45 min waiting for a table at Crystal Palace! At Chef Mickey's we were seated within 5 minutes! I was so disspointed with the whole Crystal Palace meal, the children's bar was a joke 3 items! :earboy2:

Hi! :wave:

I'm so glad you had such a great time at Chef Mickey :cheer2: . On our trip in 2003 we had Breakfast there with my 3 boys - well me 2 1/2 year old had to sit outside the restaurant the entire time :guilty: . This year we are planning to have a Birthday Breakfast at Chef Mickey and my now 4 year old says he's ready for Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale :Pinkbounc . I think they are great and they really interact with all the kids. I'm also reserving Breakfast with Cindy...that ones just for me! :teeth:

Ely

2005 - POR June/July
2003 - AS June/July

glad you enjoyed it! It used to be one of our favorites but our trip in October found it lacking. They seemed very slow to replenish the food bars and they were not too great about keeping the bars wiped down (ie. spills). I agree about the character interaction though, it's one of the best ones for that. Characters each spent a good amount of time at our table.

I am so gald you had a good time at Chef Mickey's I went there too! a year ago.adn we are heading back in April. tehe. well i am so excited. i loved the characters they had, and how the food we went for breakfast, and it was amzing, it had tones of variety and had every little detail. my favourite would have to be the french toast they had, the cinnomen covered. it was amzing. it was shaped as mickey, and it was delicous!! mhmm. good. :woohoo:
but we are still wondering about Crystal Palace. not so many good reviews but it sounds amazing. i heard some good stuff about it.and they say it's one of the best. so we might be heading there as well.. do you think i will be disappointed? well. i wanna make the best decisions.
:rolleyes:
:cheer2:

We have never been to CM for dinner (but breakfast is a must do for us everytime- even before we had kids!!).

However, ITA about CP dinner. We were so turned off by it last December that we didn't make any character buffet dinner ADR's this time. (Exception: Cinderella dinner at the GFC cafe(1900 is closed while we are there), here's hoping it's decent!)

ETA: We love CP breakfast, though. We always go at 8am so we are exiting just as the park opens for the day!

Love Chef mickey for late breakfast - definitely has the best food.
Love Crystal palace for Pooh etc. No kid should miss it.

I'm so glad to hear that chef mickey is so enjoyable! I'm planning on surprising my mom and dad with a breakfast here for their anniversary!

Would you say the breakfast at Chef Mickey's is better than the breakfast at Crystal Palace?

I am glad to hear it was enjoyable.

We ate dinner there in oct of 05 and it was GROSS, filthy , filthy, filthy. Last year we did not even try it but maybe this oct we will try it for breakfast.

The breakfast at Chef mickey is much better than crystal palace but both are well worse doing.:cool1:

We are doing a Chef Mickey's breakfast next week. We are also doing a Crystal Palace dinner. What didn't you like about it. I hear so many mixed reviews. Do they have prime rib or any kid of good meat? I guess thats the most important to us. We can fool around with sides, but my DH and DD like meat!!:)

We got back from our trip today!
We did a Chef Mickey's Breakfast Tues. The food wasn't all that great. I liked the omelet, and a few other items. But the sausage gravy wasn't too good. Alot of it was kind of bland and needed salt! DH wasn't impressed at all. I would go back though for the characters. They were great and the food wasn't so bad to deter me. They also have fruit, donuts and cereal. I loved the pancakes and waffles as well!

Did they have peel and eat shrimp on the buffet? We will be making ADRs next week and I think CM is one the rest of the gorup wants to do. We did it last year and the characters were great but the food made no impression on me at all. DD says there was shrimp - I don't remember. I am not a buffet fan these days so will be okay if there is shrimp and a good roast preferably prime rib along with some salad.

I don't know about CM's dinner. But Crystal Palace had both prime rib and peel and eat shrimp. I found the food there REALLY good! Pooh characters are there.

My kids loved Chef Mickeys. I really wasn't impressed with the food for dinner, but we loved the atmosphere. So we'll be back in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter