• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey or 'Ohana for late breakfast?

williamson_ja

DIS Veteran
We want to do a late breakfast at a monorail resort for easy access. I am considering Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana. Which one do you prefer and why??? I also need to know which one got you seated quicker. We ate at Crystal Palace last year and it took quite a while to get our table waiting in the heat. :sad2:

Also, if the breakfast says that it goes until 11:30, does that mean that they kick you out at 11:30, or the latest you can ARRIVE is 11:30? Has anyone had experience with this?

We prefer Chef Mickey's and though not mention 1900 Park Faire at GF. For being seated quickest I would say 1900 Park Faire was best. We prefer these because of the amount of selections. Its not just eggs, sausage, bacon, and potatoes like at Ohana. If not looking for a buffet you could also try Kona's I hear they have great french toast called Tonga Toast, its stuffed with bananas. Click here to ckeck out menus.
http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm#res

If you've never been, Chef Mickey's! Grand, open, airy, monorails rolling through. Lotsa space, excellent buffet with lots on it. Disney nostalgia. If you wanna see Donald/Minnie. OHanas for Lilo/Stitch/Mickey/Pluto. Good food though and nice setting. Also recommended.

I can't really pick one over the other - we love them both - we do these 2 brkfsts along with Crystal Palace every trip. CM is alot of fun: good character interaction with the Fab 5, very nice buffet selection & upbeat/energetic atmosphere. Ohana has a much more limited menu because the food is served family style - no buffet. There are some unique brkfst items like warm hawaiin breads along with standard brkfst fare: eggs, bacon, sausage, mickey waffles - all of which is pretty good. Ohana is fun, but is more relaxed than CM & has good character interaction with Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch. Also, can't help you out with the seating - we always get the earliest brkfst adr possible and therefore we never really have an issue with waiting to be seated.

We have done both and enjoy both but we love the fact that you can get a pressed pot of coffee at Ohana and the cinnamon rolls and pineapple yeast rolls are to die for.

We did last seating "brunch" at Ohana last time and loved it. I find the food kinda heavy for b'fast anyway. It was quiet and cool and relaxing and lovely. We were seated quickly, had great character interaction, though I think the food came a bit slowly (I may be mis-remembering, but we weren't in a hurry anyway). Especially if it's a MK EMH morning, I'd highly recommend this after a couple of hours in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter