Cheesecake Factory leaving DTD

MM32830

DIS Veteran
Just heard on the news that the Cheesecake Factory will be leaving DTD. They are in DisneyQuest.

The had *some* decent food (for quick service). Awesome cheesecake, though. They've been there for 10 years. I'm surprised they lasted that long since they serve a captive audience. You can eat there only if you paid admission to DisneyQuest. If they had a street front restaurant that allowed access by the general public, they probably would have done better. The news report says Disney will replace it with a Disney run restaurant.

When I first heard the teaser on the news ("One chain restaurant leaving DTD)" and then went to commercials, my first thought was that I was going to see the big blue ball get rolled off property. Oh well.... Maybe later!

Armand

No! Say it isn't so! Now if we want to go to a Cheesecake Factory we'll have to go to our local mall!:scared1:

I didn't even know there was a Cheescake Factory in DTD.. To bad it was hidden. We would have eaten there for sure.

Sooo. How many of us knew here even was a cheesecake factory at WDW? Or, knew it at some point but that was so long ago that we "forgot" until it was mentioned again? I'd guess not too many, which is probably one of the reasons its closing.

This was the news article we had last week:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_P...e_Factory_Express_leaving_Downtown_Disney.htm

They were bound by a 10 year contract. You can't blame them for pulling out since the expansion of Disney Quest never happened. (I believe they did open and close one in Chicago.)

Bcvdreamer, you have to get to a Cheesecake Factory just as it opens if you don't want to wait.

I always knew about the one in DTD, but you had to pay admission to DQ to get to it. It wasn't worth it, even for cheesecake.

I knew about it because my roommate on the college program worked ticketing at Disney Quest. Apparently there was a ticket you could get for free to go in and eat for like 45 minutes. Not that I would take advantage of that :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter