Check those dates!

Tinks

<font color=red>I had the hots for my accounting t
I just got my confirmation letter in the mail today. I was lucky to get the AP rate for the Poly May 28th - June 4th. The letter states it must be paid in full by May 7th.

It seemed earlier to me than in the past. I called today and paid, though!

Just a heads up for others! :cool1:

Did you get a package or use the room only discount code? I spoke to them and you do not need to pay it till you get there. It was a mistake and it is reading as a package not a room only code. The computer states it is not due on that date but all the confirmations are coming out wrong. :earsgirl:

Same here. Got three confirmations. First was for regular rate before I added another night. Said deposit due by 3/18. Next was regular rate with additional night. Still deposit due by 3/18. 3rd confirmation reflected change to AP rate. Said deposit due by 3/18 and final payment due by mid-May for June 3rd arrival. If this is mistake will they send new confirmation?

I got the same thing. Good thing I was calling anyways to take a day off my reservation and to switch over to the Poly for my 3 nights.

I got the same thing and I have room only. The CM said that they made this mistake on a few confirmations that went out, I guess they did.

I just received a revised copy (applied ap rate to WL) and it told me balance was due by April 8. I thought you only had to pay the balance if it was a package. I was going to call this morning but you guys answered my question. Thanks!! :wave2:

I had booked room only. Interesting. It really didn't matter because I paid the balance in full. Pay it now or pay it later....it's all the same to us. I'm actually kinda happy. Now the trip is paid for and no big bills waiting for us at check-in/check-out. :)

If you are NOT planning on paying in advance, I'd call to confirm when your payment is due. You wouldn't want to lose your reservation!

Same thing here too! I booked room only using th AP discount and thanks to this site I looked close at the conformation sent and sure enough mine also shows that they want the balance a month early.. I called this morning and they said don't worry about it that all the correct info is in their computer. I said but what happens If someone on your end see's that it's due on April 8th. and cancels us out for not paying. She said I doubt if that will happen. and again I ask what if it does, were to be there the whole first week of May during their Big Celebration and what if all the rooms are taken. She said lets hope not! So I paid it in full and asked for a paid in full new conformation. I just don't want to worry for the next 6 weeks..
Chatty :confused3

Same problem here. Got the revised confirmation after I applied the AP code and they added three more nights to my ressie and wanted full payment by 04-15! I called and the removed the three additional nights. They couldn't tell me why it happened.
Glad I'm not the only one... :confused:

I called back this morning, too, and they said mine was due upon arrival as well. The CM was surprised that it had happened that way, especially when I mentioned that I wasn't the only one.:)
Kim

Just got my ressie confirmation in the mail also. Room only starting April 17, but the balance said to be due March 27. I know room only ressies usually only have to be paid at checkin and the CM who booked it said that also, but I was wondering if the computers were treating it as a package and will cancel it no matter what the CMs say. I have to call back anyway to correct my children info, but I will feel apprehensive either way. We can not pay in full until April.

Also I noticed that there was a guaranteed refrig on the ressie for $10 nightly charge. I did not request a frig, and it is not added into the total, so I guess that is just something they have not updated in the computers, since all moderates/deluxes have refigs now??

Glad to see I am not the only one with questions over the ressie confirmations.

POR April 17-24

another reason for me to call then...
i was going to just pay...
dh couldn't remember not just paying at check in and thoughit was odd...

Since I first booked my April trip (last Oct), my original confirmation letter & all later "revised" confirmation letters has had the "your package amount is due by XXX XX, 2005. No further notices will be sent."

Everytime I called CRO & they told me it was a mistake since I am a room only & will need to pay balance at check in.

Then I would get another revised confirmation letter (nothing changed, just talking to the CM would spit out a new letter for some reason) with the same thing.

I finally stopped calling about it because each time the CM said the same thing.

I just switched my reservation from CSR to WL on a AP rate. I got the letter again today saying my package was due before I got there. I know it is a mistake because I spoke with the CM about it when I made my reservation.

Some CMs have told me it is a new tactic Disney is using to get people to pay their room off before they get there, even if it is a room only reservation. They said people are less likely to cancel their reservations if they are completely paid or OR they will be more likely to cancel earlier (if they have to) so Disney can book those rooms (instead of waiting 72 hours before check in th cancel, people will cancel a month or so out).

I think that is probably true as is makes sense. People get scared so they pay the reservation off before they get there. Or they think they have to pay it off by XXX date, so they will cancel sooner if they can't go. Seems to make sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter