Check my FP+ Logic Regarding the Limit of 3

I would agree all indications are a limit of 3 per day is what is planned. There were some tests that they did 4 per day as well. Until Disney comes out and says it, we won't know what it is.

My opinion is they should allow pre-booking 3 per day, and then they should allow up to an additional 3 that you can book the day of based on what remains in the FP+ pool. For instance, you may not see any TSMM passes available the day of, but you could book an additional Star Tours slot. The same day passes would allow duplicates where the pre-book doesn't.

Personally, I think most people don't realize how much time they waste on the current FastPass system. And I'm including myself. Earlier today I responded to another poster who detailed her exact touring method for the Magic Kingdom. When you break it down, she was crossing the MK FOUR TIMES in a 4 hour period to obtain and then use FPs just for the three mountains.

And anyone who is using 7+ sets of FastPasses in a day is likely doing the same thing.

I would actually rather cross MK to ride a ride in 15 minutes as opposed to standing still and wait in a 45 minute line. We don't have kids and are also avid runners so can cover ground very quickly. It's funny because we also had a secondary game where we would track how much distance we covered in a given day. It's amazing how much distance you actually cover if you take advantage of FP. But you're also not waiting in line, which is important to me, and as crazy as it sounds I actually lost a little weight after the last trip.

I would actually rather cross MK to ride a ride in 15 minutes as opposed to standing still and wait in a 45 minute line. We don't have kids and are also avid runners so can cover ground very quickly. It's funny because we also had a secondary game where we would track how much distance we covered in a given day. It's amazing how much distance you actually cover if you take advantage of FP. But you're also not waiting in line, which is important to me, and as crazy as it sounds I actually lost a little weight after the last trip.

Well, everyone has their preference. There will never be a one-size-fits-all solution. I'm a runner, too, but I have grown to detest the need to pointlessly cross the parks seeking out FP tickets.

Everything that Disney has said about FP+ resonates with me. I would love to be able to schedule a few strategic FP selections in advance, and then wind a leisurely path around the park to visit all of my desired attractions.

As for the wait time, it will obviously vary depending upon the time of year. But if this plays out as I currently envision, what is now a 45 min Standby time should be shorter with more ride capacity devoted to Standby riders. And the money being spent to enhance attraction queues will make those waits not just tolerable but entertaining.

I'm not saying you are incorrect...

But "cast members" know absolutely nothing about new things until the general public does as well and unofficial websites are filled with wishful thinking and unsubstantiated moonshots more than they are credible leaks/releases.

I would tend to trust only published info from Disney until further notice...and wait to see how it shakes out.

With this and anything.

Lol, I don't even trust publicized info from Disney until it becomes reality. "Cast Member information" is generally useless.

For what it's worth- some will say nothing others will believe 100% (YMMV) - last night, I was getting information to book a trip and chatting online with a cm. I was told that if you use FP+, you will be limited to 3 FP per day and only at one park and you can book them 60 days out. No extras, just 3, that's the trade off for being able to get the 3 you want at the time you want (or close), 60-days out.

You can still use the FP system in place today and get as many FP as available, like now, when you get to the park, BUT, you cannot use both FP+ and the current system on the same day. Also, you can't use the FP+ at one park and the current FP system at another park on the same day. But, you can switch back and forth over the length of your stay - i.e. use one system one day and the other system the next.

So, if you book 3 FP under the plus system, you can change those around, but you will only get 3 all day and will not be able to get FP through the current system.

With FP+, you get the 3 you want at probably at a good time and 60-days in advance, but that's all you get. If you do not use FP+, you can't pre-book, and are "subject" to what is available that day and the "normal" restrictions.

Ya, I think this is defiantly worth nothing. The line about switching back and forth between systems seems far fetched. If you're using my magic plus to its full extent then you will be using a Magic Band as your ticket media therefore no way to obtain a FP in a traditional manner.

For what it's worth- some will say nothing others will believe 100% (YMMV) - last night, I was getting information to book a trip and chatting online with a cm. I was told that if you use FP+, you will be limited to 3 FP per day and only at one park and you can book them 60 days out. No extras, just 3, that's the trade off for being able to get the 3 you want at the time you want (or close), 60-days out.

You can still use the FP system in place today and get as many FP as available, like now, when you get to the park, BUT, you cannot use both FP+ and the current system on the same day. Also, you can't use the FP+ at one park and the current FP system at another park on the same day. But, you can switch back and forth over the length of your stay - i.e. use one system one day and the other system the next.

So, if you book 3 FP under the plus system, you can change those around, but you will only get 3 all day and will not be able to get FP through the current system.

With FP+, you get the 3 you want at probably at a good time and 60-days in advance, but that's all you get. If you do not use FP+, you can't pre-book, and are "subject" to what is available that day and the "normal" restrictions.

That is very much in line with the terms and conditions. The only exception is alternating between systems. If one has a magic band I wonder how they get the regular fastpass. Thanks for the info.

So the real question is if I am not crisscrossing the parks to collect 6 fp then how do I burn all the calories from the dxdp? :rotfl2:

So the real question is if I am not crisscrossing the parks to collect 6 fp then how do I burn all the calories from the dxdp? :rotfl2:

I found out the hard way, use the Surrey Bikes at Boardwalk. Make sure you are the only adult and just have an 8 year old with you. Do that once a day, calories gone! :)

That is very much in line with the terms and conditions. The only exception is alternating between systems. If one has a magic band I wonder how they get the regular fastpass. Thanks for the info.

She said the kiosks will be retrofitted to allow this. She said "At this time, you could choose to have Fastpass+ for part of your stay and classic (FP) for other dates. Just not both on the same days. In order to deliver the seamless and personalized experience of the Park Experience, we utilize radio frequency technology-enabled cards or other devices ("RF Devices"). Depending on the Experience benefits you have purchased, you and each member of your Experience Party will be issued a unique RF Device (similar to a Key to the World card), which allows us to identify the individual using the RF Device and the benefits associated with that individual.

The RF Devices use technology similar to the radio and computer technology in smart phones, video game controllers, credit cards and "easy pass" toll payment systems. Many of the features enabled by your RF Device will be accessed by "touching" your RF Device to touch points located throughout our Resorts.

You will have similar technology in the Magicbands, and at the kiosks"

She said the kiosks will be retrofitted to allow this. She said "At this time, you could choose to have Fastpass+ for part of your stay and classic (FP) for other dates. Just not both on the same days. In order to deliver the seamless and personalized experience of the Park Experience, we utilize radio frequency technology-enabled cards or other devices ("RF Devices"). Depending on the Experience benefits you have purchased, you and each member of your Experience Party will be issued a unique RF Device (similar to a Key to the World card), which allows us to identify the individual using the RF Device and the benefits associated with that individual.

The RF Devices use technology similar to the radio and computer technology in smart phones, video game controllers, credit cards and "easy pass" toll payment systems. Many of the features enabled by your RF Device will be accessed by "touching" your RF Device to touch points located throughout our Resorts.

This is the most logical and coherent thing I have read about fastpass+ so far from Disney. I will add this to my ongoing collection of information. I do understand the nature of the source and potential problems with that.

The question is how long they will keep both options available.

It makes a tremendous amount of sense to offer both FastPass options--advance reservations and the current system--as an either/or. But so far Disney hasn't given any indication that would be the case in their public news releases. In the Parks Blog story, Staggs could have easily said "you can choose to pre-book your FastPass+ return times or keep using the same old system you know and love." That alone would have alleviated a lot of anxiety among those who are fearful of the new system.

But they didn't go that route. Was it an oversight or an indication that the current FastPass approach is living on borrowed time? :confused3

This is not reflected in their Terms of Service. You can't go paperless, and into FP+, one day and then back to paper, and out of FP+, on the next day. Unless Disney has put incorrect information in the TOS, perhaps. Not sure if I'm following everything you posted correctly, though.

Also, what does it mean by "Experience benefits you have purchased..." in that quote? I didn't realize these were already being sold.

This is not reflected in their Terms of Service. You can't go paperless, and into FP+, one day and then back to paper, and out of FP+, on the next day. Unless Disney has put incorrect information in the TOS, perhaps. Not sure if I'm following everything you posted correctly, though.

Also, what does it mean by "Experience benefits you have purchased..." in that quote? I didn't realize these were already being sold.

The information I posted was a direct quote from the online chat I was having. I copied and pasted the chat transcript. As far as the "experience benefits", my guess (and that's what it is) is that it refers to the type of ticket you purchased, hopper vs non, water park, etc, the dining you have (DDP or not), "shows or events" you may have reservations for like the dessert wishes thing. Not sure what else.

As far as paper vs no paper, I am thinking they will do away with the paper FP and everthing will be linked into your RF device. You'd go to the "new" retrofitted FP machine and scan or touch the touch strip and get the FP embedded into your individual device, of course that would mean you'd have to remember when you were supposed to come back. Maybe there would be a digital display of the exact window that would say the time. But, I really do not know and am just thinking how it could work. I have been wrong about much more important things.;)

The info I posted is all direct quotes though.

Call center CMs are one notch above bus drivers as far as accuracy of information. They usually don't get official information from above until they need to start training on it (so pretty much just days before it goes live).

Call center CMs are one notch above bus drivers as far as accuracy of information. They usually don't get official information from above until they need to start training on it (so pretty much just days before it goes live).

I agree - the call center people are pretty clueless. I was call in for very the start of free dining back in 2007. The CM I was speaking to was helping me and I mentioned to her "Your gonna have a busy day, huh?" and she said "I'm not sure what you mean?" I said "Well, free dining starts today, the hold line must be two hours long by now". She said "OMG, there's 150 people in the queue!" It was too funny that she was surprised that FD had started. (This was back when it was sort of "new", but still.)

Anyways, I've gotten a lot of wrong information from the call centers...so I don't doubt the person said (or wrote) it, but I doubt they really know how things are gonna work.

the call centers are (at least they used to be) in downtown orlando near OBT and Tampa...there might be one in Dakarta now as well....

People make the mistake of thinking that disney's call centers are state of the art high tech facilities where everyone walks in with starbucks and a tie on...located at the secret hidden chamber atop Spaceship Earth

but really they are somewhere on the food chain below the types of places that Sears uses to pester you about buying an extended warranty on your hot water heater or grill.

When I refer to "lower utilization", what I was really addressing is the number of FPs issued relative to overall attraction capacity.

Right now FASTPASSES are unlimited and only available at a select number of attractions.

When FP+ debuts, guests will reportedly be limited to just 3 passes each and there will be nearly 3x as many attractions and experiences with FP.

Unless that hard cap of 3 passes is dramatically raised, we will probably see a growth in the number of Standby riders. Of course, lines will also move quicker with fewer FP ticketholders bypassing Standby.

To your point, it's possible that guests will do a better job of keeping their times. But it could also swing the other direction, with some guests disregarding FP+ reservations they made days or weeks ago. I'm not sure that it even matters since attraction capacities aren't changing. With every FP+ no-show, Standby lines will move faster.

The thing that mystifies me about public reaction is that most people seem to think they will be on the losing end with FP+. Are we to believe that there is a large population who CANNOT figure out how to the paper ticket FP system works but WILL go on-line and reserve their ride times before arrival?

Some tried-and-true strategies may need to be altered but not everyone can end up with a lesser experience.
;)
~I expect my park experienced to be enhanced and without elaborating too much -- FP+ will afford me the convenience of planning my entire itinerary more efficiently in advance, this is a MAJOR time saver! I can't do this with the current FP, as I have no control over the return window(s) or the time(s) I will be able to pull another FP -- by eliminating the criss-crossing and the time/energy wasted for the sole purpose of pulling FP's, I expect to get twice as much done!!!

Actually we agree on that one. Personally I detest parades. My "Top 10 Worst Disney Behavior" was all witnessed during parades--usually people who waltz right up as the parade is coming around the corner and expect everyone to make room for their family of 5 (plus stroller and other travel gear.)

I haven't seen Fantasmic at WDW in 4-5 years. My approach to Wishes and Illuminations is the same as your: look up! And it's been eons since I've waited in a line longer than 5 min for a character. (Our kids are getting a little old for characters but usually I would just fork-over the dough for one or two character meals per trip.

~LOL.:rotfl: But seriously, I can identify with you about Fantasmic. It took three years of aggravation to finally see the show and I haven't been back! My gosh, I just remember sitting there in the hot heat for 45 minutes doing the wave before the show was cancelled -- twice! Anyway, it's been a few years and I don't miss it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter