Cheating on the Mouse Boats - Our Cruise on the Norwegian Jade

HI Corinna
I have just found and read your wonderful trip report. Thanks for sharing your experiences on the Norwegian Jade and your comparisons to the Disney ships. Wonderful photos :goodvibes:goodvibes I think you spent most of the cruise in the thermal suite ;) That mexican restaurant sounds divine. We hope to try out the rhasul therapy thingy on the Disney Magic in September ...it sounds great :goodvibes

We loved the Rhasoul on the Jade and booked it for our cruise on the Magic last October. We were bitterly disappointed. The steam room on the Magic was way too hot and I really missed the showers in the steam room. We will not be repeating this experience in a hurry.

Corinna

We loved the Rhasoul on the Jade and booked it for our cruise on the Magic last October. We were bitterly disappointed. The steam room on the Magic was way too hot and I really missed the showers in the steam room. We will not be repeating this experience in a hurry.

Corinna

oh no ...... what a shame. Maybe we will find it ok because we have nothing to compare too. I haven't decided for sure whether to do it yet :confused3

oh no ...... what a shame. Maybe we will find it ok because we have nothing to compare too. I haven't decided for sure whether to do it yet :confused3

I would suggest to try the Rainforest Room first. There are two steam rooms there with one of them being fiendishly hot. If you are OK with that, you may just be OK with the Rhassoul which is hotter still.

Corinna

I would suggest to try the Rainforest Room first. There are two steam rooms there with one of them being fiendishly hot. If you are OK with that, you may just be OK with the Rhassoul which is hotter still.

Corinna

WE definitely plan to get a couple of day passes to the Rainforest room on a couple of the sea days in the middle. :goodvibes

This is feels so long ago. At the time we thought we would do a Med cruise on the Jade as well at some stage as DCL was simply to expensive, but will all the special offers that they are having, I will be on the Magic in a month time for a Med cruise.

Corinna

Thanks for your very detailed cruise trip report with great photos

susan

Hey there Corinna :wave: I just spotted this TR, it's good to hear what it's like on the 'other side' LOL! It sound like you had a good time though :goodvibes I liked your comparisons, it's good to know what is similar and different. I am suprised they do a 2 night cruise, it seems very short :confused3 do you know if many people did back to backs before/after the 2 night?

This is feels so long ago. At the time we thought we would do a Med cruise on the Jade as well at some stage as DCL was simply to expensive, but will all the special offers that they are having, I will be on the Magic in a month time for a Med cruise.

Corinna

I'm glad you went for DCL, I think it's going to be a fab holiday :cool1: :cool1: Looking forward to meeting you and your DH :yay: :yay:

Hey there Corinna :wave: I just spotted this TR, it's good to hear what it's like on the 'other side' LOL! It sound like you had a good time though :goodvibes I liked your comparisons, it's good to know what is similar and different. I am suprised they do a 2 night cruise, it seems very short :confused3 do you know if many people did back to backs before/after the 2 night?

I'm glad you went for DCL, I think it's going to be a fab holiday :cool1: :cool1: Looking forward to meeting you and your DH :yay: :yay:

Yes, I am glad that we are able to do this cruise on DCL as well. The Magic is the second biggest love of my life (after DH) and I am glad that I can experience this cruise on my favourite ship.

I am sure that NCL will get our business in future though. Two cruises that are high on our wish list are a Panama Canal cruise and a Baltic cruise and DCL is way too expensive on those, so we are probably going to do those on NCL eventually. I also would love to do a Hawaiian island cruise and I am pretty sure that NCL are the only cruise line that offer this.

As to the two night cruises, they seem to be very successful for NCL. Before we got on board, they had a 3 night repositioning itinerary from Rotterdam to Southampton and there seemed to be quite a few people who stayed on for the 5 night cruise. On changeover day between the 5 night cruise and the two night cruise, there were probably around 10 people staying on including us. The two night cruise seemed to be very popular for hen and stag nights. Personally I don't see the point in so short a cruise.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter