Cheapest / Best car transmitter for ipod?

Fall1

DIS Veteran
I want to get a transmitter for my car so that I can use my ipod in my car.

Does anyone know of one that is a good one and not too expensive?
Thanks!!

ebay is almost always the cheapest place for that stuff. (ipod cell phone camera accessories)

If you have a aux plug, all you need is a cord you get at any place like wal-mart or target for around $10. If you need the other things, the cheapest I found them was costco and sams.

We have always used a Griffin brand FM transmitter, but the quality has gone down over the years. The FTC has cracked down on how much "juice" (LOL my technical term) they can put out and the newer models don't work as well as the older ones. And you have to find a really empty frequency on the radio which can be difficult as well.

If you have a tape deck, a good approach is a transmitter that works with a cassette tape.

We just bought a bluetooth FM transmitter to use with our phones, but that only works if you have bluetooth - I don't believe regular iPods do, only the phones - maybe the iPod touch has that? I've only used it once so far and it seems to be working well.

This may be a budget buster for you but it really is the best thing I have bought ALL YEAR! I had a new car radio installed that has a USB port. I can plug my ipod in and charge it at the same time. I can then use the buttons on the radio to find songs or I can use the ipod. I love it.
It was just over $100 for the radio plus installation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter