Cheap Portrait?

wendygrace

DIS Veteran
Walmart used to have pics for around $4 or so and now they are up to $8 apparently! Yikes! Anyone have a coupon or can point me in the direction of someone that can do some quick and easy pictures. I just want to get a portrait of my son taken before he cuts his long locks!

$8 is really good. We use The Picture People and a picture with them is about $15.

You could always take one of your own with a digital and get an enlargement at a kiosk place in Walmart or CVS or something.

I guess you can tell its been years since I had pictures done. Wow! How much things have changed in the last three or so years!

JC Penney's always has coupons for 3.99/sheet and a free sitting fee for 1 person. That is where I usually get my DDs done.

Target also does 3.99 a sheet. Send me your email and I'll send you the coupons. I always save them when they are sent to me.

JC Penney and Target generally has coupons for 1 pose packages for $7.99 (for like 24 pictures in all sizes). I think there quality is so much better than Walmarts. In fact, I've seen a coworkers pics from Walmart and they were so blurry they were worse than my point and shoot camera does (maybe it was an isolated instance but I've never had pictures that looked that bad from JCP or Target)

I just had wonderful pictures done at Target today and they were $3.99 per sheet (even the 10x13). You can download coupons from their website and there is no sitting fee. When I called to schedule they even told me to get coupons from the website.

My total without the coupon was $175, with coupon was $55 (this was for 2 and 3 year old pics as well as pics of the girls together) I will definitely go back.

See if there is a Portrait Innovations in your area. For 9.95, you get alot of pictures of one pose. They take great pictues and several poses to chose from.

Like other posters have said, I have had some really great pictures done at JCPenney. I see coupons all the time for 3.99 sheets with no sitting fee (Parents magazine, Family Fun magazine I think, and others). I also believe I saw some on their website. If you go to their website jcpenneyportraits .com, you can join their mailing list and they will email you coupons pretty frequently. I have been getting all my pictures done there for the past 6 years (after a few bad experiences at The Picture People).

I have to 2nd the recommendation of Portrait Innovations, if there is one near you. They take SUCH good portraits and the quality is just above and beyond something from Walmart, Target, etc. For a quick example, when I brought my 3 kids to JC Penney's for photos, the girl took literally 3 poses of each child, all on the same background, so 9 poses total to choose from. At Portrait Innovations, I had over 100 great photos to choose from. I LOVE P.I.!

I have to 2nd the recommendation of Portrait Innovations, if there is one near you. They take SUCH good portraits and the quality is just above and beyond something from Walmart, Target, etc. For a quick example, when I brought my 3 kids to JC Penney's for photos, the girl took literally 3 poses of each child, all on the same background, so 9 poses total to choose from. At Portrait Innovations, I had over 100 great photos to choose from. I LOVE P.I.!

We LOVE Portrait Innovations!! Great quality, not to mention that the pics actually look like the computer preview, unlike JCPenny.

Thanks for all the help. Neither Target or Picture Innovations are near enough to me. I did find a coupon for JCPenney though so thank you for that idea. I think we will go there! I wonder if JCP and Target use the same company as their studio websites are very similiar to each other.

Thanks again for the ideas!

I went to JCP. We got free sitting, free 10x16 of one pose and $4 for 2-5x7s in another pose. She took several pics and I liked them but I don't need all those pics. I appreciate the direction! You guys are the best!

I know you are probably going to go to JCP...but Walmart is sooo much better since they were bought by the same company that does Sears' pictures. Just an FYI if you ever want to try them again...they are much better than they used to be.

How about sears? they have a package for 9.99 if you go to their website they have coupons on there as well.. I love sears for pics!

I'm a JC Penney girl, too. I love the $3.99 sheets and the fact that I can get whichever poses I want without having to buy and particular "package". I still usually end up spending a decent amount of $$, because they do a great job at my Penney's and I end up wanting at least one sheet of every pose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter