Charlotte-short connection

Not to take over the thread but I’m in a similar situation. AA changed my flight times and I now have a 44 min connection instead of the original 90. The one caveat is that we are on super early flights. As in flight one lands in CLT at 6:31 AM and flight two takes off from CLT at 7:15 AM. So I’m hoping I’ll make my connection since both flights are super early in the AM. But I’m still not wild about it 😬
My opinion, you have two choices...
1) Stay with the original plan and hopefully have enough time to board. If you miss the connection, AA will need to get you on a different flight.
2) Pick out a different connecting flight with a longer layover. Contact AA, tell them you're not comfortable with the current layover (tell them you walk slow and you know Charlotte is a big airport), and to rebook you on the later flight. They should do this at no charge to you.

My preference is to do #1, but have done #2 when I had kids in tow.

Not to take over the thread but I’m in a similar situation. AA changed my flight times and I now have a 44 min connection instead of the original 90. The one caveat is that we are on super early flights. As in flight one lands in CLT at 6:31 AM and flight two takes off from CLT at 7:15 AM. So I’m hoping I’ll make my connection since both flights are super early in the AM. But I’m still not wild about it 😬
That's really close, I would worry about any checked bags (if you are checking luggage). Sometimes you make the connection but your luggage doesn't. If it doesn't, they will deliver it to wherever you are staying, but it's on their time frame and may not arrive until late at night or even the next day (ask me how I know...). Good luck! I'd check to see if there are any direct flights available and request to change at no charge. JetBlue is good about that, not sure about AA.

That's really close, I would worry about any checked bags (if you are checking luggage). Sometimes you make the connection but your luggage doesn't. If it doesn't, they will deliver it to wherever you are staying, but it's on their time frame and may not arrive until late at night or even the next day (ask me how I know...). Good luck! I'd check to see if there are any direct flights available and request to change at no charge. JetBlue is good about that, not sure about AA.
Bags don't require near the time to make a connection. BUT, a prime reason for packing everything needed for the first 24 hours in your carryon.

We are now in row 10, so very near the front. When I check the gates the flights typically use (not a sure thin, I know) it should be a 10 minute walk between them.

I had a similar experience with Delta thru Detroit last week. Delta moved my first flight an hour 5 minutes later, which left me with a 45 minute layover. I’m a senior and my version of running to a gate is not fast. Plus, the flight to DTW always lands in a separate terminal, and then I could have up to a half-mile hike in the main terminal. I called and asked to be moved to a flight out of Detroit an hour later. The rep was happy to move me for a $75 additional fee, but I persisted and she made the change free. I now have a 2 hour layover - a bit longer than my original schedule, but I feel more confident I will make the second flight.

I actually had a very similar situation a few weeks ago. A 41-minute connection in CLT. I too paid to sit in row 11 and made it from terminal E to B in about five minutes. Had plenty of time – but a lot had to go right.

In my case, I knew it would be incredibly easy to get another flight if a delay caused me to miss mine. I had multiple other options but I know not everyone does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter