Character Pool

bellaDisneydncr

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone else out there was thrown into the character pool? Also- was anyone ever in it and got a call to get a position? Thanks!
:yay:

I have a friend who was just pulled from the pool and will be doing the CP in Aug. However, I also know someone who was in the pool and never got pulled.

What is a character pool?
I would like to imagine it's Winnie the Poo, Piglet, and Eeyore all swimming around having fun! haha
The character pool is made up of all the people they want to use from auditions, but don't have spots open at the time. We were all told that we passed the audition, but they didn't have things that fit our height and audition results, so we are waiting in the character pool.

It would be fun how you said though!

So if you don't get a character do they give you the next position you want? I'm going to an audition soon but I told them I want attractions just as much for fall.

So if you don't get a character do they give you the next position you want? I'm going to an audition soon but I told them I want attractions just as much for fall.

If you don't pass the audition, they give you another role (if there is still room in the ones you picked). I didn't pass my audition in 2006, but I got character attendant (which was my 2nd choice).

yeah- i don't really believe that the character pool is for college program applicants - i applied for a full/part time or seasonal position

not really, they either get a position in entertainment or will be placed in another area to work in. as a cp, if you don't get entertainment, you won't be pulled into it during your college program unless you choose to extend once your program is over. character pool is reserved just for fulltime/seasonal/parttime applicants.

as for being pulled from the pool. i have been in it for 7 months now (i just attended my relook audition yesterday) and i was told that they will be pulling once the college program is done casting in about 3 weeks to fill what ever spots they have left open. which sucks when for someone (like me) that use to be in entertainment with a double yellow color code cause you won't be hired in if college program overhires (like they did last year) even if you are trained in several of the parades on properity and other show things :(

not really, they either get a position in entertainment or will be placed in another area to work in. as a cp, if you don't get entertainment, you won't be pulled into it during your college program unless you choose to extend once your program is over. character pool is reserved just for fulltime/seasonal/parttime applicants.

CPs can be put into the pool... however, they are only in it until the casting is done for the CP season. So any CPs that are currently in the pool will be there until May 5th. If they are not pulled from the pool by May 5th then they will be placed into another CP role.

as for being pulled from the pool. i have been in it for 7 months now (i just attended my relook audition yesterday) and i was told that they will be pulling once the college program is done casting in about 3 weeks to fill what ever spots they have left open. which sucks when for someone (like me) that use to be in entertainment with a double yellow color code cause you won't be hired in if college program overhires (like they did last year) even if you are trained in several of the parades on properity and other show things :(

oh that's great.... :sad2: lol well hopefully for us they'll have some spots open.

So... I am not even a month into my 6 month period in the character pool and i'm going out of my mind! I realize this doesn't inform anyone of anything but i needed to let out my frustration lol

if anyone else out there has character pool stories and/or info - let us know!!

soo rumor on the boards is that the CP is full - hopefully those of us who are waiting in the pool will get a call soon now that they're done casting for CP.

Anyone else know of how this could work for us though?

It all depends on what they need. I know people who have auditioned (not CP) and never made it out of the pool, so they had to audition again.

So... I am not even a month into my 6 month period in the character pool and i'm going out of my mind! I realize this doesn't inform anyone of anything but i needed to let out my frustration lol

if anyone else out there has character pool stories and/or info - let us know!!

try going on month eight. and the funny thing is that when i left (cause i was in college program and wasn't allowed to go seasonal cause i had to leave 2 weeks early), i had a red/high yellow color code (color code is how they measure your animation and dance skills and mine was almost as high as they could go), i'm trained in 2 parades and did halloween and christmas parades! i had to go and do a reaudition at the six month mark, it was one of the ones down in orlando (cause i relocated down here) and they had college program kids at it. i'll be honest, i was better than almost all of them (and the 2 that were better than me can't come down till aug), but i was still put in character pool cause cp's have hiring preferance over regular people cause they get paid way less (and all i want is part time cause i already have a decent entertainment job at the rival park).

try going on month eight. and the funny thing is that when i left (cause i was in college program and wasn't allowed to go seasonal cause i had to leave 2 weeks early), i had a red/high yellow color code (color code is how they measure your animation and dance skills and mine was almost as high as they could go), i'm trained in 2 parades and did halloween and christmas parades! i had to go and do a reaudition at the six month mark, it was one of the ones down in orlando (cause i relocated down here) and they had college program kids at it. i'll be honest, i was better than almost all of them (and the 2 that were better than me can't come down till aug), but i was still put in character pool cause cp's have hiring preferance over regular people cause they get paid way less (and all i want is part time cause i already have a decent entertainment job at the rival park).

omygosh that must be horrible! i hope you hear soon.

Hey guys, are you still answering? I just got put into the character pool and I was measured at 4 feet 11 and a half inches. I would love to be Tinker Bell. Some girls I know got fitted the same day at the audition for Tink but I did not. I was wondering what the likelyhood of getting called from the pool is. Or even what the pool is at all. Thanks

Hi, I doubt people are still answering here but did anyone ever get called in? I have been in the pool for about three months now and I'm wondering if I should even get my hopes up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter