Character Performers- Princess Tiana

Kay33

Earning My Ears
I think I would make a decent Princess Tiana? I really want to audition. I've heard there have been exceptions for CP's if you talk to someone as soon as you get there?

I think I would make a decent Princess Tiana? I really want to audition. I've heard there have been exceptions for CP's if you talk to someone as soon as you get there?

I'm guessing you're already accepted into another role? I don't believe there is any way to transfer into entertainment unless you do the extension auditions at the end of the program you are already in. If you passed that, you would then do another program.

Yeah, I agree with bellaDisneydncr. You can go to an audition at the end of your first CP and see if you can get through the audition.

While you're down there I would check out the current Tianas and see if you "match" with them in face/height/figure wise. She is a REALLY specialized role obviously, since other than a general dancer/performer the girls that match Tiana don't match up with any other face characters like the other princesses can.

Break a leg when you get to the auditioning point:thumbsup2

Like Rosetta said Tiana is a very specialized princess. When I was an attendant I knew someone who had been fitted for her but disapproved because she was too thin. This sounds really odd but performers who are friends with her have to have a certain skin color shade. Also from what I understand her friends tend to have larger foreheads as to accommodate her hair. I can't really verify the last two statements and have potential to be totally rumors. However I did hear them from within the entertainment department. So basically take them with a grain of salt.

When I started my program back in January I know that were still in search of more friends for Tiana because at the time there were only 3 or 4. A year later I'm not sure what the situation is but I would definitely recommend auditioning. You never know what can happen. :)

Like Rosetta said Tiana is a very specialized princess. When I was an attendant I knew someone who had been fitted for her but disapproved because she was too thin. This sounds really odd but performers who are friends with her have to have a certain skin color shade. Also from what I understand her friends tend to have larger foreheads as to accommodate her hair. I can't really verify the last two statements and have potential to be totally rumors. However I did hear them from within the entertainment department. So basically take them with a grain of salt.

When I started my program back in January I know that were still in search of more friends for Tiana because at the time there were only 3 or 4. A year later I'm not sure what the situation is but I would definitely recommend auditioning. You never know what can happen. :)

The body size thing relates to all characters, not just Tiana. I've read several accounts where people trying out for different face characters were turned away because they were too thin. If you're too thin you can't fit into the costume. I also read that most of these performers are either a size 4, 6, or 8. If you're smaller than a 2 you're out of luck.

Is Tiana's wig shaped differently from the others or don't all face character performers need relatively large foreheads for their wigs?

What you said makes complete sense, but based on all of the pictures and videos of meet & greet Tiana that I've seen I'm going to say that the "must be a certain skin tone" requirement is either not true or it wasn't always true because I have seen several pictures and videos where Tiana is too pale. The lightest Tiana that I've seen mass photos of is this one:
TyraTiana1LARGE.jpg

Princess+Tiana+Disneyland.jpg

She's about the same complexion as Tyra. She's also close to Naveen's complexion and anyone who has seen any pics of animated Tia and Naveen knows she is no where near Naveen's shade of brown. At least one friend of Aladdin also gets to be friends with Naveen (or whichever one he was friends with first). Her nose is also too pointy, instead of it being a button (flat and round). I am surprised that she was in so many promo pics for the character. NO, I am not trying to be mean or dissect her, I just like the characters to look as close to their film appearances as possible. :sad2:

If this "rule" is in effect now I am all for it since last year it seemed like so many Tianas (though there's only one) had noticeably different skin tones and facial features that it made me wonder if they even tried to cast her accurately. You would NEVER see a tan Snow White because they cast her appropriately. On the other hand, I have surprisingly seen pictures of a couple of Paris Cinderellas that are noticeably tan. Just a couple more shades and they would match the color of their blonde wigs.

It makes the most sense for Tiana to look as she does in these pics:

Disney-Princess-Tiana-disney-princess-14986676-535-822.jpg
DSC05063.jpg

TDD-4-tiana_naveen.jpg

The 2nd pic isn't that big or clear but she's in several youtube vids where her Naveen is acting crazy like Naveen does and is supposed to.

To the OP: You never know until you try so it's always good to audition. Just note that in WDW if you are a face performer you must also be fur, though you could end up spending more time in face than in fur. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter