"Chanting" no longer allowed at WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mistake is Having CM giving the warning. Have a security guard give the warning. Also give a card to the leader in Spanish and Portuguese with that warning (don't be surprise you get a no speak English), advising them they are subject to removal from the park/hotel.

Foreign or domestic, you are dealing with teenagers. I have seen/heard large US groups of teens singing TV theme songs on Disney buses a 1 am in the morning. The biggest mistake was for someone to ask them to be quiet. Their response was to get louder. As a retired high school teacher, I can tell you that any group of teenagers feel and act invincible. Whether they are chanting or cutting in line, the group feels that no one can touch them because of their large numbers. Teenagers will not listen to reason or explanation. They will understand action - reaction. The best action is to do something before the problem starts, such as breaking larger groups up and keeping them apart. The best reaction is a quick and predictable response to any infraction. Let the entire group know before hand that they will all be ejected and banned, making sure that it does happen to set the example.

I don't think security at Disney has that sort of firepower. But maybe at the French Pavilion at EPCOT, they could have a visiting police force re-enact that.
I travel to South America a lot, and often in those countries, the police look and have the presence of what our military has, ie bullet proof helmet, vest, machine guns, camo etc. Our security and police here, have a less intimidating look, ergo, don't carry the respect in their minds. Those from other countries visiting the US, are often from a class in their country, where they aren't to be told to do anything. They're the ones who tell the police what to do. They are the protected class and everyone else is there to serve them. While we have a class system to an extent in this country, it pales in comparison to others, where there is no middle class, just super rich, and super poor. These groups are clearly part of the upper caste, and their disregard for our societal norms, is both hormonal (teens) and cultural. I've never felt poorer, than when I'm in a wealthy area of a South American country. The rich don't use limos in Sao Paolo, they use helicopters, so they can skip the line... I mean traffic.

the chanting and popping in front of others and just taking up space across a street or walkway is annoying regardless of who it is. but hey that's what my stroller is for. proud control when i come up on the back on one of these groups. lol

i'm kidding i'm kidding. or am I . . .

The groups are organized by companies. The guides are employees of the companies. If an organized group annoys the guests and cast members, deal with it quietly and behind the scenes by communicating with either the company or the guide. The guide who is wearing an ID with their name and photo.

Either they respond to the communication by fixing the problem, or else they are told not to return to the parks and they cannot make reservations or get through the turnstiles.

Pretty simple, and you don't need to hire SWAT teams.

Last edited:

Don't they have super greeters that deal with these groups? I'm guessing that hasn't worked that well.

A little update on this...

As of right now, Disney hasn't confirmed this and I haven't see anything really confirming this either. The group that broke the story, hasn't come back with solid news except they say they've heard more news from cast members that is being implemented. While there's technically grounds for this in the current Walt Disney World Resort Park Rules, general rules section c, I still think that if they were going to implement it they would have to release an update. Nothing yet.

Last edited:
I think it would be great to start speaking to them in Spanish or Portuguese then:) Maybe I should get some tips from my FIL or BIL; they both speak Portuguese. Luckily, I have never experienced this. Probably, because we go while they are in school, aka US Summer and Spring Break.

It blows their mind if you do that. I speak several languages, Portuguese is one of them. A few trips ago I tried to be nice and tell them something in English and they played the no speak english card on me. So I yelled at them in Portuguese. They all looked like they had seen a ghost and quickly shaped up, and were quiet the rest of the queue lol!:rotfl:

Being strange.... and given the recent edict? There IS a small part of me that wants to recruit a good 100 volunteers to do a flash mob Gregorian Chant, in robes, in the Haunted Mansion Queue. In Latin. WITH tablets that we will slam our heads, in unison. Should a third party wish to follow, beating a rug with a fake stuffed cat? Yes, I would support that.... :).

Being strange.... and given the recent edict? There IS a small part of me that wants to recruit a good 100 volunteers to do a flash mob Gregorian Chant, in robes, in the Haunted Mansion Queue. In Latin. WITH tablets that we will slam our heads, in unison. Should a third party wish to follow, beating a rug with a fake stuffed cat? Yes, I would support that.... :).

Brazilianesque mob: "You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person!"

Perhaps they'd be more impressed with a farcical aquatic ceremony on the Seven Seas Lagoon, accompanied by a naval show of force? That sea monster from the Electrical Water Parade could lead the charge...

Why not just bring out the Holy Hand Grenade?

Why not just bring out the Holy Hand Grenade?

Holy BOOM!
!
th

I have no idea "what" or even "if" Disney did anything about the horrible chanting teenage Brazilian tour groups. But I will say that our trip this past July, which is usually prime tour group season saw almost zero chanting. We saw many many large South American tour groups but heard almost no chanting. Only one time while having a beer near the Mexico pavilion did we see and hear a group of teens chanting as they walked quickly by.

Mistake is Having CM giving the warning. Have a security guard give the warning. Also give a card to the leader in Spanish and Portuguese with that warning (don't be surprise you get a no speak English), advising them they are subject to removal from the park/hotel.

I'm curious what the difference between a "CM" and a "security guard" is...

Mickey cops don't get trained in SWAT or anything.

I'm curious what the difference between a "CM" and a "security guard" is...

Mickey cops don't get trained in SWAT or anything.

In the uniform, over half those kids don't know a real cop from a Disney cop. They would be, hopefully, intimidated by the uniform. Nothing ventured, nother gained. Also I've noticed more real cops on property. Reaction time would be minimal compared to waiting for backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!