Changing guest count - ADR

jwinky

Mouseketeer
I have to make my ADRs over the next few days. I have a couple still unsure if they can go or not. So it is easy to book an ADR for 6 people and change it to 4 people at the restaurant. I will of course try to find ADR for 4 first when I do find out they cannot come. Just trying figure out my options. I know getting an ADR 4 and asking to go to 6 people will not work.

How are they handling the reservations when the amount of people show up is less than the reservation?

As long as at least one person shows up for the reservation you are not charged. I have many times showed up for a reservation with less people than it was made for and never had an issue. I have even showed up with MORE people (1-2) and not had an issue. I had a reservation for Liberty Tree Tavern for 4 people on NYE two years back, and had two friends meet up with us there. I didn't think they would allow us to add 2 more people to the reservation but they did.

Jennifer

I have to make my ADRs over the next few days. I have a couple still unsure if they can go or not. So it is easy to book an ADR for 6 people and change it to 4 people at the restaurant. I will of course try to find ADR for 4 first when I do find out they cannot come. Just trying figure out my options. I know getting an ADR 4 and asking to go to 6 people will not work.

How are they handling the reservations when the amount of people show up is less than the reservation?
Hi Jwinky,

Just curious if you had any issues in the current covid situations? I know jlovesee is probably right, but I have the same issue as you and wanted to confirm their advice is still accurate.

TIA!

No update. My ADRs are in Dec and I was lucky to be able to make reservations for 4 in place of my 6 count. I did go in Oct with a party of 4 and it seem that sat us in tables that could fit 4 or 6 so I think you should be okay. Even when you check in, they still ask how many adults and children and have to wait for your table.

Hi Jwinky,

Just curious if you had any issues in the current covid situations? I know jlovesee is probably right, but I have the same issue as you and wanted to confirm their advice is still accurate.

TIA!
I actually feel like they’re even more forgiving right now... not less. I made all the ADR’s for our Oct/Nov trip, but I got sick and was unable to attend 3 ADR meals with my crew.
• Whispering Canyon 5 of 6 showed with no penalty
• Beaches & Cream 5 of 6 showed with no penalty
• another meal at Beaches was forgotten!! So 0 of 6 showed. 😳 An hour late, my sister ran over and explained the situation- they said we wouldn’t be charged anything (& we weren’t)- they were very gracious to us on that one!!!

We were also (interestingly) told, on more than one occasion, that you could also add one to your ADR with no problem. I’d never been told that prior to COVID- so for that info to be volunteered more than once was curious. 🤷🏻‍♀️

This one has a few crazy twists... My sister had an ADR at Oga’s for 6 people (in August). Only she and her youngest decided to go. When checking in, she was told they wouldn’t be charged anything since they were still using the res.

However, right before they were called back (to enter), she ran into a group of 4 girls who didn’t have an ADR, but were dieing to get in. She told them she was happy to let them in with her & the people at the door said it was fine (even though she’d only “checked in” for 2). After entering, her daughter decided she didn’t want to stay, so the 2 of them left & let the girls take over her res completely! Win-win 👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter