Chaco's... Are they comfortable all day??

BamaGurl

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, Well I have 27 days left before we leave and I can't wait!!! I was just wondering if anyone has worn Chaco's sandals while touring the parks? My daughter and I just bought some and we are trying to "break them in". I would love anyone's feedback on how these do with hours of walking. THANKS!!!

I bought Chacos for my son several years ago, because they were one of the only flip-flops with a really good arch. While they worked fine for him, he didn't like the style I got.

Are yours flip flops or sandals?

Mine are the sandals with straps that buckle around the ankle. I am a little worried about the straps rubbing and causing blisters??

Have worn for Chacos for years. They are great, no blisters and can get completely wet. No foot pain at all.

I'm leaving in 16 days and have been breaking in a pair of Chacos too! It's taking some time for me to get used to the footbed and I've had to fiddle with the straps a bit to get the fit just right. I like that they're fully adjustable in case my feet swell in the heat.

I'm gonna try them on my trip, but I'll recommend you do the same thing I'm doing - I'm taking several pairs of shoes so I can alternate in case one starts rubbing me the wrong way (literally). Good luck breaking yours in! :)

When the straps r right I can wear them all day....I have flat feet that have improved with minimalistic foot support/ barefoot training. Someone with extremely high arches may need to test them out...before venturing out all day. Agree bring extra shoes for switching out just in case. I have the toe loop with ankle buckle ones so my feet dont slide too much without having to have tight straps.

My daughter and I bought them for one of our trips and we just never fell in love with them. We just couldn't seem to get the straps adjusted right. I have friends on the other hand that love them!

My daughter loves to tour in her Chacos. I bought a pair and shortly returned them. They just didn't feel 'good' on my feet. But, my daughter swears by them!!

I love my Chaco's! I too bring 2-3 differebt shoes to switch between. Use body glide on areas you think might rub a bit. Helps me every time! I have worn bith flip flops and sandals in the parks and been fine for hours.

I was wondering the same thing so the other day I wore them on our big zoo visit. Walked around a lot all day and had no problems!! No blisters, no sore legs, it was great. Wondering how they would be all week. I wear chacos on a daily basis.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I will try them on Animal Kingdom day and see how they do. I do like the fact that they can get wet "Kali River Rapids". Thanks!!!

I'm still "breaking mine in". I don't know if it's the sole and the shape of my foot or the straps, but does anyone else feel like the sole is glued to the middle of their foot? I'm used to having a little wiggle room and having a hard time adjusting.

My husband swears by his, but on long, long walks, even his faithful 3 year old worn in chacos give him a few small blisters. I tried to wear a pair several times but every time they literally reduced my feet to shreds - tender with blisters ALL over them. I'm not sure if my feet are just weird or what. :confused3

My husband swears by his, but on long, long walks, even his faithful 3 year old worn in chacos give him a few small blisters. I tried to wear a pair several times but every time they literally reduced my feet to shreds - tender with blisters ALL over them. I'm not sure if my feet are just weird or what. :confused3
I don't have a problem with blisters, but I can't seem to get used to the sole sticking to the bottom of my foot. I'm having second thoughts about these shoes and it's a shame since they're so pricey.:sad2:

I wore mine a handful of times and they were basically still almost new, so I sold them on eBay. It was sad because I desperately wanted them to work for me, but they just destroyed my feet :sad: it hurt so bad, every time!

I wore mine a handful of times and they were basically still almost new, so I sold them on eBay. It was sad because I desperately wanted them to work for me, but they just destroyed my feet :sad: it hurt so bad, every time!
If I can't get used to them, mine may be heading to ebay as well. :worried:

Just got back from my first trip to WDW. We were there for 5 days, and I wore my new Chacos right out of the box all day everyday. Our phone tracker said we averaged 8 miles/day. I thought they were super comfortable. Just don't wear them too tight and you shouldn't have issues with blisters. You can pick up some Dr. scholl's moleskin before you go just in case you end up having any issues. Have fun!

Just got back from my first trip to WDW. We were there for 5 days, and I wore my new Chacos right out of the box all day everyday. Our phone tracker said we averaged 8 miles/day. I thought they were super comfortable. Just don't wear them too tight and you shouldn't have issues with blisters. You can pick up some Dr. scholl's moleskin before you go just in case you end up having any issues. Have fun!
I think that may be the problem with mine - too tight. I adjusted the straps the other day to make them looser and they do feel better that way. I plan to take them and try them out on our trip to WDW, but plan to take other shoes as a backup.

It definitely took some adjusting. The first day I wore them way too tight and was starting to get a blister across the top of my toe. That's when I broke the moleskin out which helped a lot. I loosened them up significantly on the second day and had NO problems after that. Even over the area that was starting to blister the first day.

I purchased my first pair in July. I have worn them multiplease times. Two days ago, I wore them to our local amusement park. Now, the ball of my feet burn! Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter