Cell Tower Castaway?

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
So Verizon specifically for me.

Has the Cell Tower been working over the weekend or this week (if people are going now that can check)? I heard it got struck by lightning so not sure if its up and running again or not?

Has the Cell Tower been working over the weekend or this week (if people are going now that can check)? I heard it got struck by lightning so not sure if its up and running again or not?
Sorry to hijack your thread, but this is considered Bahamas, so is international roaming, right? (unless your plan includes international roaming)

I saw someone asked a similar question last week and the response was the cell service was working fine.

Didn't work at all this weekend on Castaway - Verizon iPhone12 - but as soon as I was back on the ship and up on deck 12 it picked up BTC for the Bahamas. Before it had worked there.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but this is considered Bahamas, so is international roaming, right? (unless your plan includes international roaming)

It would be non US. Your plan might treat it differently.

For my work line my plan works there and they pay a daily flat rate to allow my line to be active in most foreign countries I find myself.

It would be non US. Your plan might treat it differently.

For my work line my plan works there and they pay a daily flat rate to allow my line to be active in most foreign countries I find myself.
My plan has a daily international fee, and we would probably use our phones there. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't some "US bubble" that was available there.

I know not to have them running on the ship because that is $$$$$.

Thanks!

My plan has a daily international fee, and we would probably use our phones there. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't some "US bubble" that was available there.

I know not to have them running on the ship because that is $$$$$.

Thanks!

For me I always get a text message when I enter a new country welcoming me and outlining the coverage.

Worked great for me on the cruise that left the 9th. I did verizon travel pass the 2 days

Supposedly happened on like Thursday or something.
Yep, I know you said the past weekend. It just seemed odd that basically the same question was asked early last week. …lightning struck the cell tower on CC over the weekend, is there cell service?…

Yep, I know you said the past weekend. It just seemed odd that basically the same question was asked early last week. …lightning struck the cell tower on CC over the weekend, is there cell service?…

Person just responded it wasn't working.

Also I was the person who asked and someone responded on the side saying they heard lightning struck. I figured I would wait until the cruise got back before asking the status.

Hopefully they restore it soon. I would have to think its a priority as you have people on the island all the time.

I know it seems like asked and answered but we used Verizon Travelpass($10/day which covers your roaming) and Castaway had no service, unless you were on the top decks of the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter