Cell phones vs 2 way radios....what works best at WDW?

Mskanga

<font color=navy>Can speak and read 4 languages fl
I'm very confused with this, has anyone been able to use their cell phones at the theme parks without a problem? I have AT&T for my carrier and I don't know if they would work there.
I'm trying to figure out if I should get a pair of 2 way radios or if I could use my cell phones.

What does bump mean?

1969/70 – Disney Land (Lived in CA)
1973 – Disney World Magic Kingdom / Offsite
1995 – Caribbean Beach
2000 – Coronado Springs
2001 – Port Orleans - Riverside

I have AT&T and we used them in Nov. No problems at all. However--we di not attempt to use them inside attractions (which would have been rude anyway).

You can use cell phones in Disney, but many of the buildings interfere with the signal. So if you are inside, it may not work. Same thing for beepers.

I am from Colorado and have 3 nextel cell phones used them in the park all the time with no roaming charge . work great for us

ALL STAR SPORTS 4/96
DIXIE LANDINGS 5/2000
PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE 4/2001

We tried last April and with two different carriers..we couldn't get reliable coverage to communicate to each other. One phone never had a signal at all, the other was inconsistent. We will be trying the two way radios this year. However, I have ATT that works great just about everywhere(haven't tried WDW with it yet)

I opted for getting the 2 way radios since I am going to use them at home in another amusement park quite a few times this summer. I can't afford to spend a lot of money on cell phone charges , my cell phone plans only work in the north east and if I changed to another one with no long distance charges it would cost me just as much for one month as the radios.

I took the test drive with Nissan to get the Cobra 2 Way Radios. However, I have read a few posts here saying that they don't work so well in a place with so many people and so few channels. I'll have to see how they work, but I would think a cell phone has to work better.

Offsite - 1974,1975
Contemporary - 1982,1983
Port Orleans - 1993,1994
Wilderness Lodge - 1995
Yacht Club - 1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,7/2001
img-disneys_yacht_club_resort.jpg

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, GOING BACK ... WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter