Celebs that irritate you for no real reason

I find Ty Burrell from Modern Family to be irritating. He always plays the exact same idiotic character. His Gain commercials are really annoying. I don't even get the point. His girlfriend dumped him. All he has left is her scarf. He smells it and says, "What? She washed this like a month ago. How's a guy supposed to move on?" What does that mean? It still smells like Gain after a month? And that reminds him of her? Did she use Gain as a perfume? Or does it just smell clean? How does that keep him from moving on? It makes no sense to me, and he makes it even more irritating!

So I caught Chelsea Handler on TV today. I've never seen her shows -- only watched her on interviews (Ellen, Tonight Show, etc.) and she doesn't act ridiculous ... but yet there's something about her that irritates me. :confused3 I can't stand her, and for no real reason!

It's not just her, but there are a handful of celebs that bug me and I have nothing to base it on. Ryan Seacrest, Billy Bush (even before the whole bus debacle), and Amy Schumer to name a few. It's crazy! They could be lovely people, but they bug the hell outta me, and I don't know why.

Anyone else have a celebrity they don't like for no real reason whatsoever? Or am I just a loon. ;)

(and you can't say any Kardashian because there's a plethora of reasons for them :laughing:.)

I find Chelsea Handler annoying as well. Although I'm trying to figure out how you can say there's no reason to find Amy Schumer irritating. She gives me the same vibe as Will Ferrell and that's enough in my book.

Nicole Kidman

I totally understand someone having that opinion. I've eventually landed on the opinion that she's simply one of those incredibly awkward people who, ironically enough, doesn't know what to do in the spotlight when she's not behind the acting mask portraying a character.

Although I'm trying to figure out how you can say there's no reason to find Amy Schumer irritating. She gives me the same vibe as Will Ferrell and that's enough in my book.

Like Handler, I've only seen Schumer in interviews, so for me it's not enough to base a true dislike. But even watching her movie promo with Goldie Hawn, I am annoyed. She definitely rubs me the wrong way.

Will Ferrell doesn't bother me. SNL more Cowbell is a classic! And I like the movie Old School. :blush:

Guess I'm just a crabby old lady, but I'd be hard pressed to name a "celebrity" who DOESN'T annoy me! LOL

I'm a guy but I'd like to join your "crabby old lady" group.;) I love and have the maximum respect for anyone who is truly talented but when the talent-to-hype ratio goes off the scale I'm OUT. I find Chelsea Handler annoying but I'm good with Amy Schumer because I think she is truly is funny. There seem to be a number of people out there who are just "famous for being famous"--I'm not interested.

We seem to have opposite taste. :) Ellen can occasionally be annoying to me, but I like her over all. Love the two Jimmy's.
I normally just see the last block of the show, as I turn to the channel to watch the 5 pm News. It is wonderful that she helps so many people facing serious life challenges, but the manner is just so commercial and she seems so plastic in that segment. If I was facing a life challenge that would be helped by a $25,000 check from Shutterfly, I might feel different, but I'm not so sure how comfortable I would be having my private life broadcast in the process. I guess that's why I feel my attitude is for no real reason, because people ARE being helped and for many that may offset the things I am uncomfortable with..

It didn't have to be well founded:) I'm in Nashville so it happens a lot and is irritating as all get out, all the annoyance and none of the wow-factor if you don't know who they are or even stand the genre of music they perform.

I saw Jay-Z and Beyonce at the Spotted Pig in NYC once and almost peed my pants...they weren't causing a stir and OMG, I wanted to speak to them so much.
That reminds me....Jay Z and Beyoncé annoy me. Greatly.

Jennifer Anniston, Kelly Ripa, Jennifer Lawrence, Giada de Laurentiis (the one I hate the most for no reason at all)...those are the ones who I can think of right now that I have no reason for disliking. The others I dislike, I have reasons. Of course, some started off as an irrational dislike and then turned to real dislike when I found out more about them (or believed the tabloids about them LOL)

For me it's pretty much any hypocritical celebrity with a big mouth, a lot of baseless opinions and zero substance. For that matter, anyone in general with those attributes.

For me it's pretty much any hypocritical celebrity with a big mouth, a lot of baseless opinions and zero substance. For that matter, anyone in general with those attributes.

Yeah, I don't expect actors, singers or comics to be experts on politics, and I don't expect politicians to be good actors, singers or comics.

This is very poor timing - Ariana Grande
Miley Cyrus
Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Lady)
June Diane Raphael (Bree on Grace and Frankie)
Melissa McCarthy - she is funny and I liked her in the beginning but the overweight, sloppy dressed, foul mouthed character can only be done so many times
Kelly Ripa
Giada DeLaurentis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter