Celebrating Christmas with the Urchins -- UPDATE -- SURPRISE

Mary: Thank you for the intro and for sharing the adorable photos of the girls. Being a competitive gymnast so many years ago, I still love to follow the sport and cheer on the young athletes. :)

Kathy: How great that you can get to Orlando before noon. I think the earliest I can ever get there is around 4pm. Darn.

Sure hope that rental car has plenty of passenger room. ;)

Please don't mistake us for stalkers, we'll be staying at the BW as well. You staying villas or inn?

You know I'm interested in ALL of your plans. Too bad we won't be there earlier. :)

Howdy, Ms. Kat!! :wave2:

I finally got my hiney over here. :goodvibes I kept meaning to but just couldn't find enough time to get over here after tending to my own TR and all my mom's stuff of late. :upsidedow

I just got home from taking my mom to an appt. today, yes your reading right, they seem to turn into all day affairs, <long heavy sigh>. :rolleyes:

I decided I needed some down time and came on the Dis to relax and catch up a little. To be honest, you can thank Brenda for me finally getting over here, I had seen she had last posted on here and it reminded me to high-tail it over here. Thank you Brenda, I needed the reminder. :flower3:

Looks like your trip is starting off right, a cute, blonde girl (Mr. Mark must have a thing for blondes tugging on his heart strings) batting her eyes over the phone to Mr. Mark and the trip is on!! :thumbsup2 :laughing: Way to go Cayley!!

Bob, I wonder why you are here? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Seriously, I am looking forward to finally meeting you.

Kathy, why am I here? I, like many on the DIS are big KatMark fans. :cheer2: The feeling is mutual, finally after four years on the DIS our paths will cross.:woohoo:

Up next, lunch and who want's to party?

I'm up for a party!!! As Eddie Money would sing, "I've got two tickets to paradise.":rotfl: Literally I do, I have two for MVMCP.

We are doing the mvmcp on Dec. 3 also. We will be at Mk at 4 and have an Dar at LTT at 5:30 so maybe we can meet up that night?

We also are going to be at the MVMCP on December 3rd. As for ADR's I thought about staying in the MK and doing LTT but I managed to get an ADR for the Cali Grill at 5:00 pm and took it. Unfortuantely Disney called me last week to inform me that it would be closed on that date and wanted to switch us for another date. The cast member was having a hard time understanding that open ADR's on the 3rd with MVMCP in the MK area were not all that readily available. After a whole lot of me convincing her they are inconveniencing me this late in the game she finally managed to switch my existing ADR at the Cali Grill for Dec. 2nd and take my Citricos ADR from the 2nd and move it to the 3rd at 5:30 even though it was booked solid. She did this after putting me on hold and calling Citricos herself and explaining my situation they put me in. Glad it all worked out and we will scarf our meals down and head over the party ASAP. Who knows, perhaps all of our paths may cross that evening. :thumbsup2

Please don't mistake us for stalkers, we'll be staying at the BW as well. You staying villas or inn?

You know I'm interested in ALL of your plans. Too bad we won't be there earlier. :)

Brenda, funny you would say that about stalking; we almost booked the BWI ourselves but just couldn't pass up the WL during Christmas. If only we would have been arriving a few days later we sure could have had a real good DIS meet with several of us. :goodvibes

Followed you over from Tammy's PTR. It must be so much fun getting to go to WDW with girlfriends!!! We will be at MK on the 3rd as well and going to the MVMCP. Can't wait to read about your plans.

Tracy aka mrsksomeday :goodvibes

Looks like your first day will be full of fun... and you haven't even gotten to the details! I'll be back for an update! :lmao:

yay for arriving early in the day! got you beat though, we arrive at 615am! yup taking the red-eye, can't miss out on a park day :thumbsup2

wow looks likes there a quite a few of us doing MVMCP on the 3rd! sounds a a chance for a big DISmeet! we will be in the parks starting at 4 after doing tea at the Grand FL.

Another trip :cool1: I've followed your TR's for quite some time. I'll be looking forward to reading how your trip goes - we'll also be there Dec. 5-10. So excited :banana:

Rene'

Thanks for the PM Kathy!

Well, since Shan and I changed our plans, we will live vicariously thru all of you in December! Can't wait for this one!!

Shocking.. You? Starbucks?? NO WAY! Priorities.. is Disney... jobs? bills? screw it.. go to Disney.

Mary awesome intro. your girls are really adorable! I'm so excited for you all to be together again!!! :cool1:

PLEASE post lots of pictures of the boardwalk!!!

Thanks for all the compliments on the girls. They are pretty amazing :)

A life update before I post our plans for before Mark and Kathy arrive :)

The girls go to a newly established charter school-was a small private one last year. So far this year the curriculum has completely changed, they are standardized testing them every 6 weeks and both girl's teachers have resigned due to "family emergencies" in the past week. Avery's teacher we saw coming, Cayley's was a shocker. With all the changes I have decided it is in the best interest of my girls to withdraw them from school. After much discussion and research we decided as a family we would home school. Their last day will be Oct 31st. We are very excited to begin this new journey. An also very happy not to be dragging make up work along on our 2 upcoming vacations. :)

On to our plans!!! Our dates are Sat Nov 30th through Sat Dec 7th. We are doing a split stay between Saratoga Springs and AKV Jambo House. We still have our DVC Prem Passes and are getting the dining plan-next time we go Avery will be 10 and I AM NOT paying for her as an adult. Heck she can't finish a kids meal.

Sat Nov 30th

We will fly from Phx (ouch those tickets were so expensive this time around) at around 10a. We land in Orlando just after 4p. Where did the day go? LOL. We will take ME to Saratoga Springs for four nights. I am hoping for either Grandstand or Springs.After we check in we will either go to DTD or stay at the hotel to eat and swim. I will try and get the ladies to bed at a decent time to start the switch from west coast to east coast time.

Sun Dec 1

We will get up around 730a. We have a 9a reservation at the Grand Flo Cafe. We will then head to MK. I made some fp+ reservations for Splash, Big Thunder and Enchanted Tales with Belle. We will hang out at MK until early aft and then head to Epcot. We have a dinner res at San Angel Inn-have to get that mexican food before KATMARK gets there. We will hang out at Epcot for awhile then head back.

Mon Dec 2

This is our AK day. It will be so nice to hang out there when it is not a million degrees. We will spend time at Rafiki's-Avery loves to watch the vet in action. We have fp for the Safari, and FOTLK. Girls love this show especially the tumble monkey's We found out in June that one of them is a former Gold Medalist in gymnastics. We then have 515p dinner at The Wave. After we may head to MK for emh.

Tues Dec 3

This am I think we are going to try check out Disney Quest. Or do some shopping at DTD. We will grab some snacks at some point and then head to MK to meet up with Kathy and Mark!!!

The girls go to a newly established charter school-was a small private one last year. So far this year the curriculum has completely changed, they are standardized testing them every 6 weeks and both girl's teachers have resigned due to "family emergencies" in the past week. Avery's teacher we saw coming, Cayley's was a shocker. With all the changes I have decided it is in the best interest of my girls to withdraw them from school. After much discussion and research we decided as a family we would home school. Their last day will be Oct 31st. We are very excited to begin this new journey. An also very happy not to be dragging make up work along on our 2 upcoming vacations. :)

I have to say, Disney is so much easier when you home school! LOL! This is our fist year having both kids back in public school in such a long time...I feel lost all day! My older DD is going into high school next year in all honors classes, so I was sunk! My younger DS is a special needs child and we had reached the limit of my ability to help him... so public school was the only option...

It really is fun!

Nini

Good luck with your journey! I had one child that we had school at home. (through K-12) He did far better that way.

Sat Nov 30th

We will fly from Phx (ouch those tickets were so expensive this time around) at around 10a. We land in Orlando just after 4p. Where did the day go? LOL. We will take ME to Saratoga Springs for four nights. I am hoping for either Grandstand or Springs.After we check in we will either go to DTD or stay at the hotel to eat and swim. I will try and get the ladies to bed at a decent time to start the switch from west coast to east coast time.

Isn't that time change just a pain? Although I do envy you leaving at 10am. Here I usually leave between 6am and 8am and STILL don't arrive until the evening. :rolleyes:

Sun Dec 1

We will get up around 730a. We have a 9a reservation at the Grand Flo Cafe. We will then head to MK. I made some fp+ reservations for Splash, Big Thunder and Enchanted Tales with Belle. We will hang out at MK until early aft and then head to Epcot. We have a dinner res at San Angel Inn-have to get that mexican food before KATMARK gets there. We will hang out at Epcot for awhile then head back.

Does miss Kathy not like mexican food? It is probably my favorite... yet I never get to eat it when in WDW.
Mon Dec 2

This is our AK day. It will be so nice to hang out there when it is not a million degrees. We will spend time at Rafiki's-Avery loves to watch the vet in action. We have fp for the Safari, and FOTLK. Girls love this show especially the tumble monkey's We found out in June that one of them is a former Gold Medalist in gymnastics. We then have 515p dinner at The Wave. After we may head to MK for emh.

Sounds like a perfect day from start to finish! I love FOTLK. I have unfortunately missed it on my last couple trips. And the wave is probably one of my favorite restaurants!

Tues Dec 3

This am I think we are going to try check out Disney Quest. Or do some shopping at DTD. We will grab some snacks at some point and then head to MK to meet up with Kathy and Mark!!![/COLOR]

Oh! You just reminded me that I may need to add DQ to my own plans. I wonder if tickets are still included in the 2014 packages. If so, I know my ds will want to spend time there!!

I am here. Great intros Kathy.

:yay::yay: Scott is here; thank you sir.

Sounds like a good start to the first day. I don't blame you renting a car. If I stayed at one of those resorts I would too.

We had the worse bus service that I have ever experienced at Disney at the Beach Club and I'm not taking that chance with so much to do over the holiday season.

The Boardwalk is on my wish list of places to stay. That is sooo cool you will be staying there. :goodvibes

It's not a place I ever had a desire to try (hate that clown pool), but we had a choice of it, Beach Club, OKW or BLT for our time in December. I didn't care for Beach Club, BLT holds no appeal and I wanted something different than OKW for this short trip.

The buses do seem to be getting worse and worse each trip... you renting a car has me definitely wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea for me in
January.

We had no problems when we used them a couple of times in August at OKW, but the Beach Club was awful.

I am sorry to hear about the risk of Marks job. That is never fun. At least you do have the AP's paid for. I suppose that helps cut stress in some ways, yes?

Ann, it definitely helps with the stress. The entire December trip is paid for except for meals as is my girls trip in May/June.

We are doing the mvmcp on Dec. 3 also. We will be at Mk at 4 and have an Dar at LTT at 5:30 so maybe we can meet up that night?

Judy, that might be a good night to try. But I'm going to wait until I get all of our days up and see where we should all try and do it. I know everyone's schedules will be tight, but hopefully we can figure out a convenient time.

Hi Kathy, Following along as always! Hope your weather doesn't get too bad this week. Elaine PS Tell Mary her girls are just adorable!!

Hi, Elaine; thank you for following. :) I will be sure to tell Mary.

Here I am !!!Just back from Disney tonight !! Catch up later !!

Welcome home, Rosie. Let me know when you start your TR.

Here I am....thanks for the FB heads up! And already caught up! This is going to be such a fun trip, Kathy! How did you ever get BWV for those dates? BWV is the first to book for December - :cheer2: for you!! I enjoyed my stay there, although it is not my favorite. Be sure to request a room near the only set of elevators or you could be in for a walk that is almost half way to the Studios to get to your room! ::yes:: Talk about long and winding halls...we were about 5 rooms fine the elevators...no noise at all. It was a great location...nice balcony...view of the entrance which was fine.

Christine, we had four choices when I booked in January...BLT, BCV, OKW and BWV. BLT holds no appeal to me and I did not care for BCV, so BWV it was because we were just at OKW.

I am sooo disappointed that I will not be there to finally meet you and Mark after all these years of DISing.:sad1: Had to cancel December because I am still in this darn boot and cannot walk around WDW at all. Hopefully another time...but you know I will be there vicariously though your PTR and TR! ::yes::

I'm so sorry that you had to cancel, Christine. :(

Love the plans so far! :goodvibes

Thank you.

Life is short Kathy, I am happy you renewed your APs.

Judy, I am too. I know that Mark will use them at least twice (if not three times) and I will use them three times for sure and possibly four. Very well worth it to me.

And staying at Boardwalk!! :woohoo::woohoo: One of these days I WILL stay there. (Okay, pick your mouth up off of the floor...twice in one day!) :lmao:

It's never been a top choice, but it's not one that I absolutely refuse to stay at (say like the Grand Floridian), and we will see how we like it.

Mary: Thank you for the intro and for sharing the adorable photos of the girls. Being a competitive gymnast so many years ago, I still love to follow the sport and cheer on the young athletes. :)

I didn't know you were a gymnast? I learn something new every day. Aren't the adorable? I love those girls.

Kathy: How great that you can get to Orlando before noon. I think the earliest I can ever get there is around 4pm. Darn.

Mark wasn't very happy when I told him what time our flight was, but I told him he could sleep on the plane and in the car (I'll drive the rental car). We don't have a lot of days and I'm not wasting them on buses.

Sure hope that rental car has plenty of passenger room. ;)

Absolutely; and we can get Mary and the girls too...the girls are tiny.

We are in a studio in the villas with a garden or pool view. Where are you?

I'm still trying to switch our Saturday to Crystal Palace so you and Em don't have to go two places...so far no luck.

Howdy, Ms. Kat!! :wave2:

Hi, Camille.

I finally got my hiney over here. :goodvibes I kept meaning to but just couldn't find enough time to get over here after tending to my own TR and all my mom's stuff of late. :upsidedow

No worries...I know you've had your hands full with your mom.

I just got home from taking my mom to an appt. today, yes your reading right, they seem to turn into all day affairs, <long heavy sigh>. :rolleyes:

I'm so sorry...I know hard it is.

I decided I needed some down time and came on the Dis to relax and catch up a little. To be honest, you can thank Brenda for me finally getting over here, I had seen she had last posted on here and it reminded me to high-tail it over here. Thank you Brenda, I needed the reminder. :flower3:

Thank you Brenda. :)

Looks like your trip is starting off right, a cute, blonde girl (Mr. Mark must have a thing for blondes tugging on his heart strings) batting her eyes over the phone to Mr. Mark and the trip is on!! :thumbsup2 :laughing: Way to go Cayley!!

Yep, that's all it took. That sweet little blondie on the phone and he was hooked. He doesn't think of me as a blonde because he knows mine is fake. ;)

I'm up for a party!!! As Eddie Money would sing, "I've got two tickets to paradise.":rotfl: Literally I do, I have two for MVMCP.

I know you have two tickets, you silly boy. I've NOT gotten to that part of the update yet. :rotfl:

We also are going to be at the MVMCP on December 3rd. As for ADR's I thought about staying in the MK and doing LTT but I managed to get an ADR for the Cali Grill at 5:00 pm and took it. Unfortuantely Disney called me last week to inform me that it would be closed on that date and wanted to switch us for another date. The cast member was having a hard time understanding that open ADR's on the 3rd with MVMCP in the MK area were not all that readily available. After a whole lot of me convincing her they are inconveniencing me this late in the game she finally managed to switch my existing ADR at the Cali Grill for Dec. 2nd and take my Citricos ADR from the 2nd and move it to the 3rd at 5:30 even though it was booked solid. She did this after putting me on hold and calling Citricos herself and explaining my situation they put me in. Glad it all worked out and we will scarf our meals down and head over the party ASAP. Who knows, perhaps all of our paths may cross that evening. :thumbsup2

You didn't tell me that you had to change dining. I guess this alters our meeting time a bit????

Brenda, funny you would say that about stalking; we almost booked the BWI ourselves but just couldn't pass up the WL during Christmas. If only we would have been arriving a few days later we sure could have had a real good DIS meet with several of us. :goodvibes

No, you were booked at CSR, but couldn't bring yourself to do it and moved to WL. :lmao::lmao: Can you imagine the cocktail meets we could have had if we'd all been at the same resort? :)

Followed you over from Tammy's PTR. It must be so much fun getting to go to WDW with girlfriends!!! We will be at MK on the 3rd as well and going to the MVMCP. Can't wait to read about your plans.

Tracy aka mrsksomeday :goodvibes

Tracy, thank you so much for joining. I hope when we meet Tammy that we will meet you and Bill as well.

Looks like your first day will be full of fun... and you haven't even gotten to the details! I'll be back for an update! :lmao:

You are too funny, my friend.

yay for arriving early in the day! got you beat though, we arrive at 615am! yup taking the red-eye, can't miss out on a park day :thumbsup2

That is way too early for me. Even I can't get up that early anymore.

wow looks likes there a quite a few of us doing MVMCP on the 3rd! sounds a a chance for a big DISmeet! we will be in the parks starting at 4 after doing tea at the Grand FL.

There are quite a few going to be there that night.

Another trip :cool1: I've followed your TR's for quite some time. I'll be looking forward to reading how your trip goes - we'll also be there Dec. 5-10. So excited :banana:

Rene'

Rene' :welcome: Say hi if you see us, please.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on your Boardwalk stay.

I will be sure to give a full review.

Thanks for the PM Kathy!

Well, since Shan and I changed our plans, we will live vicariously thru all of you in December! Can't wait for this one!!

Queen, we are so happy to have you here with us. :cheer2:

I wouldn't expect anything less. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

And I posted it just for you! :)

I hope your flight and rental counter experience go flawlessly. Don't want to waste any valuable Disney time! :thumbsup2

We do too; I am praying for NO snow in Chicago that day.

Shocking.. You? Starbucks?? NO WAY! Priorities.. is Disney... jobs? bills? screw it.. go to Disney.

I know...so funny that I would want to go to Starbucks. Priority--Disney and AP's; jobs, bills -- who cares. ;)

Mary awesome intro. your girls are really adorable! I'm so excited for you all to be together again!!! :cool1:

I can't wait to see them again, and Mark is just as excited as it's been two years for him.

PLEASE post lots of pictures of the boardwalk!!!

I promise lots of pictures of the Boardwalk.

Yes, yes they are.

I think you made the right decision.

On to our plans!!! Our dates are Sat Nov 30th through Sat Dec 7th. We are doing a split stay between Saratoga Springs and AKV Jambo House. We still have our DVC Prem Passes and are getting the dining plan-next time we go Avery will be 10 and I AM NOT paying for her as an adult. Heck she can't finish a kids meal.

No, no she can't. Cayley eats more than her sometimes.

Sat Nov 30th

Good luck with that! Although they went to bed pretty well for us last time (although we did have the other two gigglers with us that night).

Sun Dec 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you for eating Mexican before I get there.

Mon Dec 2

You are doing AK twice this trip? Cool! We have to do the parade the day we go and then we can go to Jiko for dinner (oops...slipped with those plans, didn't I?)

Tues Dec 3

This am I think we are going to try check out Disney Quest. Or do some shopping at DTD. We will grab some snacks at some point and then head to MK to meet up with Kathy and Mark!!!

:yay::yay::yay:best day...we arrive and get hugs from all of you.

I have to say, Disney is so much easier when you home school! LOL! This is our fist year having both kids back in public school in such a long time...I feel lost all day! My older DD is going into high school next year in all honors classes, so I was sunk! My younger DS is a special needs child and we had reached the limit of my ability to help him... so public school was the only option...

It really is fun!

Nini

I told Mary I think she'll be much happier this way.

Does miss Kathy not like mexican food? It is probably my favorite... yet I never get to eat it when in WDW.

Miss Kathy does NOT like or eat Mexican food.

wow! I miss it for two days and we are five pages in already!!! Well, I am here.....trying to keep up :thumbsup2

Thank you for being here...we appreciate it. :)

We were able to customize our Magic Bands today. Mark got boring grey with Schultzie on it (don't ask me why...I've been married to him for 30 years and still haven't figured him out; he may change it though to "Fuzz" which was his nickname for Cookie) and I got pink with Kat on it. Tomorrow I have to call Disney to ask them about our AP's. We renewed them but won't have them until we pick them up so they are supposed to give me some kind of number so we can start getting our fastpasses. Mary, I will call you on Friday when the main boss is not here and hopefully we can do all of our fastpasses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter