CDC Reiterates that its "Conditional Sailing Order" remains in effect until November 1

Just posted this questions on another thread. I am assuming that means nothing before Nov 1 right?

Guess it is time to seriously look at another cruise line for fall.
Yeah - this is breaking my heart but we were supposed to celebrate our 20th anniversary in concierge on the Fantasy last September. We moved it to this September and do not want to wait another year. Celebrity, Crystal and Royal are all sailing from the Caribbean with vaccination requirements for adults. I wish DCL would do the same but if they don't, we will literally have to jump ship. Their silence is maddening.

It's also crazy that the CDC can't (or won't) do a damn thing about spring breakers all on top of each other in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and Disney World has reopened (with covid precautions) but they are going to keep this up for cruise lines. Why not just require vaccinations and other measures and let's get back to it. If everything were still shut down, I'd understand - but that simply is not the case.

This is disheartening to say the least. I just today put a deposit on an August cruise, based on the President's optimism and the CLIA request. I just *knew* we would be cruising again this summer. Hopefully there is still a chance.

It means that, unless something changes, no ships will be sailing from, or porting in, US ports until November 1.
Well now I don't feel so bad about getting a refund on my October cruise. Kinda figured that there wouldn't be any sailing this summer. Honestly I feel like by the time they do return it will be when the vaccine is available to everyone, or at least all adults.

Well now I don't feel so bad about getting a refund on my October cruise. Kinda figured that there wouldn't be any sailing this summer. Honestly I feel like by the time they do return it will be when the vaccine is available to everyone, or at least all adults.
That should be June.

I think they will loosen up the orders. Vaccines are progressing VERY rapidly. I can only imagine they make this much earlier so all the cruise industry workers can get back to work. These people need their jobs back.

Yeah - this is breaking my heart but we were supposed to celebrate our 20th anniversary in concierge on the Fantasy last September. We moved it to this September and do not want to wait another year. Celebrity, Crystal and Royal are all sailing from the Caribbean with vaccination requirements for adults. I wish DCL would do the same but if they don't, we will literally have to jump ship. Their silence is maddening.

"Jump Ship"
That is a great pun!

Hopefully it is not a politically driven decision against the governor of Florida where a huge amount of the cruise industry is located.
The decision was already made. The original order said November 1. The cruise industry was requesting that it be dropped to July 1. CDC said "no". Order stays as originally issued.

Now I’m pondering the b2b 5-nt cruises we have booked on the Magic out of Miami, starting January 3rd. We do not want to be on one of the first cruises after resumption, so we can get an idea of how changed procedures affect the cruise experience. Then we can make an informed decision as to whether we want to cruise right away or wait. We know there will be changes, but we need to decide whether any of those are real dealbreakers. We also have the April/May Hawaii cruises on the Wonder booked b2b. Those are too costly to have a significant reduction in the overall experience.

In my state of Georgia, the governor announced yesterday any adult over 18 can make an appt for the vaccine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter