CCV Resale vs Riveria direct

colten.c

Earning My Ears
I just had a 100 pt offer accepted for $132 per point at CCV. I love that hotel but my wife and I honeymooned at riveria and loved it even more. But $60 per point difference seems like a lot. The drawback of CCV is we would not be able to book Rivera since it is a resale contract right? Any thoughts?

I just had a 100 pt offer accepted for $132 per point at CCV. I love that hotel but my wife and I honeymooned at riveria and loved it even more. But $60 per point difference seems like a lot. The drawback of CCV is we would not be able to book Rivera since it is a resale contract right? Any thoughts?
That’s a great price! And I thought my $134/pt for 100 was awesome!

That said much as I love CCV - the Wilderness Lodge is just beautiful and in a great location - I’m a proponent of buy where you want to stay. Especially if you love Riviera and want to be able to stay there, you’ll need at least some direct points.

If you can afford it, why not buy this resale then buy RIV direct? You’ll qualify for member add-on pricing then which will make the price even lower and then you’ll get two 11-month home resort advantages.

can you tell us where you found it at?

100 Riviera points will get you 8 studio nights at Riviera every 2 years, on average. 100 CCV points will get you 11 studio nights at CCV every 2 years. OTOH there's not very many studios at CCV so they are hard to book - you have to be on top of it.

If you love Riviera even more, I would buy there. You won’t be able to use your CCV resale points at Riviera. Yes it’s more more money, but you’re talking about 40-50 years of vacations.

But as CastAStone said, Riviera is not just more money per point, but the point cost for rooms is higher too. So that’s an important consideration. It is true that CCV studios can be hard to get, even for home resort owners.

If you love Riviera even more, I would buy there. You won’t be able to use your CCV resale points at Riviera. Yes it’s more more money, but you’re talking about 40-50 years of vacations.

But as CastAStone said, Riviera is not just more money per point, but the point cost for rooms is higher too. So that’s an important consideration. It is true that CCV studios can be hard to get, even for home resort owners.
Just to be clear - if one wants to stay in Studios at Riviera, one MUST buy at Riviera. But if one wants to stay in Studios at CCV, one MUST buy at CCV. The reason you'll never stay at a CCV studio if you don't own there is different than the reason you'll never stay at a Riviera studio if you don't own there, but the outcome is the same.

That's a tempting price, but I'd rather spend more money to buy at a resort I love than one that would always have an asterisk attached for the next 48 years. Also consider that RR prices will probably just continue to go up.

I acknowledge "buy where you want to stay." However I say stick with your CCV. You've saved a considerable amount of money and there's still all the other L14 resorts you can stay at.

In the future, if you're really missing Riviera THAT much then you can just buy another contract that allows you to stay there (Riv resale, or future direct)

\\edited grammar mistake.

Last edited:
I acknowledge "buy where you want to stay." However I say stick with your CCV. You've saved a considerable amount of money and there's still the all the other L14 resorts you can stay at.

In the future, if you're really missing Riviera THAT much then you can just buy another contract that allows you to stay there (Riv resale, or future direct)
Or rent Riviera points or do a cash stay through Disney.

For the record if you want to back out of that CCV deal I'll totally take it. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I just had a 100 pt offer accepted for $132 per point at CCV. I love that hotel but my wife and I honeymooned at riviera and loved it even more. But $60 per point difference seems like a lot. The drawback of CCV is we would not be able to book Rivera since it is a resale contract right? Any thoughts?
I'd keep CCV. $132 is a great price on CCV. What types of rooms do you stay at? CCV point charts are more friendly than Rivieras also. We just signed our docs on 150 CCV and 150 RIV points Direct. If we had to pick one it would be CCV though.

If you buy something you don't love (or avoid buying a resort you love more), you will simply end up regretting it. Your post makes it clear that Riviera is where your heart is at. I would choose Riviera. It also saves the availability issues with CCV studios.

I know I have said this in other posts but I think it makes sense here too. The universe is telling you to buy both. Get the CCV contract (great deal) and get RIV direct too. Two home resorts is awesome to have and you can switch between the two every other year. Makes your points go farther.

Thanks for the replies! We look forward to joining the DVC family soon! We got to talking about add-on-itis and may decide to go ahead and buy 150 points or so. Any thoughts on if the direct discounts will get better or worse come sept 16?

Thanks for the replies! We look forward to joining the DVC family soon! We got to talking about add-on-itis and may decide to go ahead and buy 150 points or so. Any thoughts on if the direct discounts will get better or worse come sept 16?

Have to think better but will have a better idea once we see the July direct sales numbers. Normally you learn about the new promos a couple days before the current ones expire anyways.

I would add you can do a google search and find more. Big thing is with any of them just look them up on various forums and reddit and see if there is feedback on the company being trustworthy and what not.

Any that you hear about on here regularry are going to be good though.

I probably have 10-15 sites bookmarked to look at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!