CBR or CSR which one?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Hello, I'am undecided on which resort to stay at. Which should we choose CSR or CBR? I have heard in the past that CBR had needed fixed up and that they were working on it, that has been awhile ago. Have they finished fixing it and is it in nice condition now? Iam not sure about the CSR because it is so large and spread out from what I hear, and I'am not so sure about the type of food at the food court. We are the kind who like american food:D. We have already stayed at Dixie Landings, Wilderness Lodge and Music All Star and would like to try another moderate.
I really don't have any interest in Port Orleans. Any comments or suggestions? Thank You :cool:

I like both the resorts and suggest you pick the theme that you find most interesting. They are very similar in that they are each spread out around a lake. The lake at the CBR is much larger and elongated. The lake at CsR is a bit fatter. The distances from the farthest sections of the resorts to the main pools and food courts are probably quite similar.
At CBR the Main pool, shops and food is all located in one section. At CSR the food and shops are located on one side of the lake and the main pool is on the other.
In either case you can request and area closer to that which fits your needs. As far as walking goes. The longest walk to food from far away rooms in either resort would be about 10 minutes.
I have staye at all four moderates and you will find that CBR and CSR are much more open with expansive views than at Dixie Landings where the river is not real big and there are lots of trees. If you need lots of trees and shade and are not fond of sightly desert environments be aware that CSR does not have alot of trees.

Welcome to the DIS boards. We love CSR. I can offer you my website to look at, check it out below. I think you will see that CSR is a great resort as are all WDW resorts. Good luck deciding

I stayed at CBR last year and loved it . WE stayed IN Jamaica, very close to a bus stop and the quiet pool. Had to walk to the food court for coffee refills in the morning about a 5 min walk--whick we really enjoyed-the grounds are beautiful. DD6 and DS3 loved the playground on the beach and we loved the hammocks.

We will be staying at CSR our next trip because the kids want a larger water slide and because I like to try different hotels. I think CSR also looks like a beautiful resort and if you don't mind the size of the resorts-I don't thind you could go wrong with either

:D

Piglet203 and I just returned from the CSR and I have stayed at the CBR in the past. My vote is for the CSR. Although I was not pleased with the Pepper Market, the rest of the resort is awesome. The theming is great, and there's so much to do. The main pool area is quite a sight, too. We spent almost every afternoon there for a little while to cool off and to use that great slide. Either resort is great, but I'd pick the CSR over CBR anytime.

Mickey76 :D

We've stayed at both and greatly prefer CSR. It's newer, we liked the pool and theming better...And, really liked the Pepper Market. We would choose CSR over CBR every time. (LOL, we've stayed at Poly a number of times and would now choose CSR over that too!)

Just to let you know, if the food court is a deciding factor, The Pepper Market at CSR does offery typical "american" food court food such as burgers, fries, pizza, chicken strips. Here is a link to the menu: http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menu_pm.htm

I stayed at CBR a few years back, and while it was a nice resort, I'm not jumping to go back just yet. I'd like to try other resorts first. I will be staying at CSR this August and I am really looking forward to it. I know it is a tough decision, but just know that you really can't go wrong with either choice.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'am still undecided but will consider what you have said. I love the beach type setting like at CBR but the pool at CSR looks great! We use the pool alot and love a great theme. I was maybe thinking of staying at the Cabanas area it seems kind of like the beach setting. What do you think? Then again I was reading the list of discount codes and on the one I was reading it said CSR is not included. Anyone else feel free to add your input on which resort you prefer. Thanks alot everyone! BUZZ- COOL WEB SITE! THANKS!:)

We stayed in Ranchos....Building 7B I believe. Maybe a 5-7 minute leisurely walk to El Centro....A 1 minute walk to the Dig Site. We loved this location.

and greatly prefer CBR. The atmosphere is so relaxing, and nothing beats lying in one of those hammocks on the white sand beach at night. If you get a hammock near Old Port Royale, you can see Illuminations go off!

At CSR, the pool is the selling point. But in my opinion, that was about it. We were there during a convention, unfortunately, and it was very disappointing. Way too hectic.

The rooms are bigger at CBR, and the quiet pools seem to be a little more private than those at CSR. CBR's location can't be beat....right next to MGM Studios, and a quick hop to Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon.

Ok, CSR has a lot of votes so I am going to cast a vote for CBR. I haven't stayed at CSR yet, but can tell you what I really liked about CBR.

The rooms at CBR have been recently refurbished and are in really nice condition. They are larger than the rooms at CSR. They've installed a privacy curtain at the vanity area which is a plus. The walk around the lake is beautiful... or hanging out at the beach in a hammock counting the stars. I love the theming and depending on what time of year you go, CBR might seem "cooler" (aesthetically) than CSR (because CSR has an arid theme). I think the edge that CSR has over CBR would be the pool area. I've only seen pictures of the CSR pool, but it looks really neat and they have a long slide.

CBR!!!! Very tropical (we loved our quiet pool). the rooms are as large as some of the deluxes and have just been refurbished (very bright and new). LOTS of storage and a place to hang your bags, etc. , a privacy curtain so you can change and leave your curtains open. Food court was nice, pool nice, buses great!!!!

While CSR does look like a beautiful resort, one which I'd like to try one day, I personally like the tropical theme at CBR. I've stayed there twice; last year and just this past February.

I have a lot of pictures and info about CBR on my "CBR" web pages. Click on the CBR logo below.

Happy planning!!!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter