CBR in Jan

mforbach

Mouseketeer
We have ressies in Jan for CBR. We have only been to WDW one time before and stayed at POR which was recommended by our TA. We were caught in the mess of FQ closing and being move to POR. What building to request with a six year old and 2 five year olds. Really don't mind walking but don't want to be too far away from lobby, food court, etc. Compared to POR how is this resort. Is it located near Epcot? Thanks.

I was at CBR this past Feb and really enjoyed it. You can see the higher fireworks from Epcot from the main pool/pool bar area as well as from the beaches at Martinique and Trinidad North.

I suggest staying at Martinique 26, 25, or Trinidad North 31 or 32. These are the 4 closest buildings to Old Port Royale which is where the food court and main pool are located. They are also close to bus stops.

I have a web site with some pics and info about CBR, click on the link below :)

I stayed at the CBR and really enjoyed that resort. We stayed in two different locations, too, and I don't think (personally) one location is better than another, so try not to fret too much over which building you get placed in.

Here is some excellent info regarding the CBR that is posted by Dreams Unlimited Travel (the owner of the Dis website): Caribbean Beach Resort Webpage Of Information. You should get a lot of your questions answered by viewing the pages associated with that link. By the way, don't forget to view the streaming video that they shot on location there. It should give you a wonderful overview of the resort (including resort rooms).

We stayed at CBR on our first trip to WDW in Jan'97 - we loved it! It was very quiet and peaceful. I can't recall exactly which building we stayed in - I believe it was Martinique. We only booked a standard room, but were placed in a water view when I asked politely if she "could find us the best view she possibly could". We ended up in a corner unit, right beside a quiet pool. And it was QUIET! My two kids were usually the only ones in there, unlike the main pool which was often over-run with kids. The walk to get breakfast was so quiet and beautiful, the lake was always perfectly still and looked like glass. Our room had two windows - one overlooked the pool, the other the beach. The only disappointing thing about the resort is that there are no balconies, however, our room was literally 20 steps to the beach, where we grabbed hammocks every evening and watched the fireworks at Epcot. One word of warning - those fireworks are loud. We were in bed by 9 pm the night we arrived (early, early start to the day!). When the fireworks started, we literally woke up on our feet and thought the building was collapsing around us. Watching the fireworks became a favorite way to end each day.

Disney Kim:

It was humid the first day but then it rained and lifted the humidity. We had great weather otherwise, but I felt it was just a bit too cool to swim. There were a lot of kids and some adults swimming but I like the water to be really WARM. lol We had a day or two of clouds but the sun peeked out. The temps were in the 70's during the day, and high 60's at night. I wore shorts all week and wore a sweatshirt at night when it got a little cooler.

The crowds were fine while we were there. This was a week with no holidays around it, and we had very minimal waits for all rides. I think the only wait we had was about 15 minutes for Space Mountain. We rode Buzz Lightyear twice in a row with no wait.

thanks SeaSpray.....I wanted to hear that !!
I am hoping for shorts weather.....at least during the day. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts