• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cat 3 one bedroom suites are outstanding

ffnole

Earning My Ears
Just came back from the March 23 cruise and had a great time. We upgraded from a CAT 4 the morning of the cruise for $798.00 total....with the added service it was well worth it. The rooms are 600 sq feet with a 24 foot outside balcony. You have to get lucky on the last minute upgrades because they had a late cancellation...the CAT 3's for the same cruise next year (new western carib) are already sold out. Overall it was an outstanding vacation with no real complaints. Personally, I could take or leave St Maarten although the water is beautiful and the shopping very good especially jewelry). Unlike St Thomas, they receive only 5 inches of rainfall a year abd it shows...very rocky, brown and impoverished. Now St Thomas is another story...Hawaii in the caribbean. Overall, it was a terrific vacation...Disney does it right.
Even the food was very good and consistent. :(

Does the $798 mean that you paid an additional amount to get upgraded on the day of the cruise???? I assume it was a greater amount to change to a cat 3 prior to this date...

I was quoted an $1,800 upcharge on the phone to upgrade: however, because it was the morning of the cruise I had to make the request in person at the terminal. They discounted the fair $1,000 and we received a room twice as large plus the great staff service....I would upgrade all day long for that amount.

We did the same thing in January. With the added space and tremendous concierger service, that same upgrade fee was well worth it for us, too. We sail again in October and my wife already has her fingers crossed for the same type of upgrade! Our "on the phone" upgrade was FAR more than $1,800 so the $800 was very attractive.

Did you have the concierge book spa/palo/shore excursions for you? Did you get what you wanted? Did they put water and soda into your room? Was it refreshed during your stay?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter