Cat 10 or 12

jenseib

Mommy to Claire
I am looking up a few cruise dates. One date has cat's 12, 11 and 10 available, the other has no 12's. So for about 50 more I can go with a 10. Is a 10 worth it? Is it that much better?I know they have more room and a split bathroom. Any other beniits?

I am looking up a few cruise dates. One date has cat's 12, 11 and 10 available, the other has no 12's. So for about 50 more I can go with a 10. Is a 10 worth it? Is it that much better?I know they have more room and a split bathroom. Any other beniits?

10's can have a different location on the ship... (decks 1, 2, 5, 7)...while Cat 12 (only 13 Cat.12 rooms total on the ship) are all on Deck 2 forward. Also IIRC you can only book a 12 in a GTY status, meaning you can't pick your room...while if you book a 10 and there is availability you can select your location.

The oher upside to 12's is that DCL will allow a family of 4 to book the room, yet it only holds 3..so groups of 4 in a 12 get an automatic (free) upgrade to at least a Cat.11.

In my personal opinion, for a price difference of only $50 I would just take the 10. The split bathroom is super convenient.

HTH:thumbsup2

Is the cat. 10 cabin $50 more for the cabin, or per person? The extra space in a cat. 10 cabin is due mostly to the split bath.

I would do a category 11 sideways rooms. It doesn't have the split bathroom, but it seems roomier and has a steamer trunk! I'm staying in my second one this trip because I loved it so much the last time. :thumbsup2

I would do a category 11 sideways rooms. It doesn't have the split bathroom, but it seems roomier and has a steamer trunk! I'm staying in my second one this trip because I loved it so much the last time. :thumbsup2

Do you have pictures?

$150 per person or total?

Personally, I'd probably book the 12. We've done it several times and usually are upgraded to at least an 11. However, there are only 2 of us and I usually shower in the locker room after I work out.

We've never been disappointed booking a 12 gty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!