Casual restaurants outside Disney, but close?

There is a cluster of restaurants near Animal Kingdom on 192. That is where you find Chuy's and many others. There is also a Super Target in that area. That is where we usually go now for off-site eating.

Lol - yep, my husband knew that, always went out the AK side to get McDs. One of my fav cheap sit downs is Chuys. I know it’s a chain - but we discovered it here and don’t have one at home. Out waitstaff has always been awesome and super nice, and prices are very reasonable.

That said, I have a TripAdvisor list of non-chain (or at least, non-nationwide chains) cheaper resturants around WDW here: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Trips?tt=0ffc0f7b-32e4-471a-ae1f-1ff72d69c3a8
Thank you!!!

There is a Chuy's Tex-Mex restaurant on Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy.

I think the best off site restaurant is 4Rivers Smokehouse. Excellent BBQ. Locations are a little far out like Winter Garden and Winter Park. They have a few other locations too. It is well worth the drive.

Also, this year checked out Se7en Bites. Guy Fieri had them on this show. The place was amazing. They are only open certain days of the week and be prepared to wait in a long line.

Another vote for Miller's Ale House. Only 1.5 miles west on 192 from Sherberth Rd.

As others have said, there are a lot of dining options along 192 west of World Drive.

I think the best off site restaurant is 4Rivers Smokehouse. Excellent BBQ. Locations are a little far out like Winter Garden and Winter Park. They have a few other locations too. It is well worth the drive.

They also have a food truck at Disney Springs with a Mexican-style menu.

CHEVYS HAS THE BEST MARGARITAS and locally their only $3 on Wednesdays!

Dumo has great wings and ramen

we usually hit up fridays after we power through the park all half price apps and drinks $2 for beers and $4 cocktails for their happy hours and I love the jack daniels sauce.

depends what your looking for

There is a nice variety of restaurants in Windermere, on 535...plus a Publix store to pick up stuff for your room,

Pretty soon Flamingo Bay or whatever its called will be buzzing with places to eat and shopping, the hotels are almost built... not done yet, but things are coming together rapidly down that way for sure...

If you head out the back gate you can up the 429 to Hamlin, there are several restaurants, walmart and publix all at this exit...

If you go a little farther Winter Garden Village is a few exits up and there are several restaurants, super target, and shopping all right there....

A fun chain (good food, reasonable prices, and fun theming) that we don't have at home and is mostly in Florida that we visited when we went to Dearborn, Michigan is "Ford's Garage". Check it out if interested. I see one located at the Vineland Premium Outlets. This is just a five minute drive from the condos in Lake Buena Vista not that we will be staying at. Address: 8201 Vineland Ave Suite 1801, Orlando, FL 32821. We put this one on our list for our next trip to Orlando.

There is another location in Kissimmee too: 3210 Margaritaville Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747

Here is the website: https://www.fordsgarageusa.com/

There’s an UNO’s pizza right off property we like. We also go to Boston Market at least once every trip because we don’t have them at home. Pollo Tropical used to be a favorite of mine, but since covid they scaled back their menu and took off the thing I most liked. There’s also a Benihana in one of the offsite hotels. We like to go to Medieval Times every couple of trips. If you do a google search for restaurants nearby, there’s just about every chain restaurant you can imagine within a 5 mile radius. Friendly’s, checkers, red lobster, steak and shake, ect

There’s an UNO’s pizza right off property we like. We also go to Boston Market at least once every trip because we don’t have them at home. Pollo Tropical used to be a favorite of mine, but since covid they scaled back their menu and took off the thing I most liked. There’s also a Benihana in one of the offsite hotels. We like to go to Medieval Times every couple of trips. If you do a google search for restaurants nearby, there’s just about every chain restaurant you can imagine within a 5 mile radius. Friendly’s, checkers, red lobster, steak and shake, ect
Have you ever tried Giordoano's Chicago Stuffed Pizza?

We are fans of the area across the street from Disney where Chevys and Perkins and others are leaving?They will all be closing there due to new road construction.
Can anyone tell me restaurants close-by with reasonable prices like these had? We don’t like driving long distances in heavy traffic anymore. Disney’s food prices on property are outrageous. We do a lot of cooking in our DVC room, but we do enjoy going out occasionally while we’re there. Thanks in advance for any information.
Flippers pizza has been a mainstay for us when we go down and just want somewhere where we won’t have to wait wait, decent prices off Disney property. there are several locations they also have salads and Italian meals too, waiter service but definitely casual, a step up from fast food or the dreadful buffets.

A fun chain (good food, reasonable prices, and fun theming) that we don't have at home and is mostly in Florida that we visited when we went to Dearborn, Michigan is "Ford's Garage". Check it out if interested. I see one located at the Vineland Premium Outlets. This is just a five minute drive from the condos in Lake Buena Vista not that we will be staying at. Address: 8201 Vineland Ave Suite 1801, Orlando, FL 32821. We put this one on our list for our next trip to Orlando.

There is another location in Kissimmee too: 3210 Margaritaville Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747

Here is the website: https://www.fordsgarageusa.com/
Ate at the Margaritaville one in Sept. We had seats outside, and there was something else going on in the area (cars on display and live music) which made it even more fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter