Castaway Club stuff...

Timon

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
We cruised in January and today in the mail I received my Castaway Club membership card. The letter that came with it said that as a member, we get a special check-in line and an invite to the captains party for return cruisers. That's ALL it mentioned...so I guess they are no longer offering an on-board credit or the pins?

I booked a 3-night cruise (last week) for October and I asked about an on-board credit. She didn't SAY that we would get one but she said that USUALLY repeat cruisers get a small credit.

They must be going through some changes huh?

Timon - I booked a 7 day Western cruise today using the Castaway Club. I was told that I would receive a $200 shipboard credit during that cruise since it was booked within 6 months of my previous cruise, which was in January. My package didn't contain any pins either so I called to ask about them. I was told that they did away with the pins and aren't sure if they will do something to replace them. I'm not sure if all cruises get the $200 credit. It might be less depending on the category or length of cruise. Call and ask again. Good Luck.

We cruised back in July and I still have not seen any Club information as of yet. When I did call The Castaway Club and CM told me they are going through quite a few changes. She told me she would fax my info to the company that takes care of the membership and "Flag" our names so we would get any "Perks" that we avavilable .

We sailed in October and have never received our pkg. either. Could someone please tell me the phone # so I can call them??
We have already booked a 7-night cruise with DU for Jan. 2003 and they confirmed that we will be getting the $200 onboard ship credit!! At least that hasn't changed!! Now I'm glad I purchased a Castaway Club pin off Ebay this week since they are no longer offering them!!

After several phone calls, I finally recieved my Castaway Club stuff just last week. It did include 2 sets of pins!!. I posted this on another thread and severl replies stated they did not get pins either. I guess I must have been the last guy to get the pins!! You would think DCL would be better at keeping cruisers more satisified to keep them coming back. I was told by a CM that they farm this stuff out to an outside source. It looks like just another attempt by Eisner to cut corners I guess. You would think after spending all that money they could at least offer these little trinkets to us folks...smjj

Could somebody please teach me how to put one of those cool images on my message posts..like the Mickey & Pluto one on this post or any other kind. Thx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter