Castaway Club Reception?

DisneyDream2B

DIS Veteran
We are cruising as gold CC members for this first time later this month (B2B Dream). Does anyone know what day/time the CC reception typically occurs? I haven't seen it in the navigators. Does an invitation come to your stateroom? What takes place at the reception? Characters? Food/drinks? Other?

Thanks

I am wondering this as well. We went to a reception on our second cruise, but that was before they made the tiers. We are gold on our next cruise and I was also looking on the Navigators, but did not see anything listed.

You will get an invite in your room. I personally don't bother anymore. It is boring and there are no good giveaways or raffles anymore. You get a rice crispy mickey and a pen if I remember correctly. I have better ways to spend my time on DCL....

They no longer do a CC reception on the 3 night cruises on the Dream. Was just on last weekend, and it is not offered.

I personally have always liked the reception in all its forms. Free drinks, munchies and I very much enjoy the opportunity to chat with the officers. To each his own.

Are kids allowed or do we need to put them in the club?

As someone else mentioned, they are no longer offered in the 3 night cruises. I think they happen 5 nights and up. We went on a 4 night one and it was not offered either. :confused3

The current incarnation is in Studio Sea (most of the time) with servers roaming with munchies and beverages. Usually Captain Mickey shows up for a "no line" photo session, the cruise director says a few words, and then the captain does his speech. The best part is the senior officers roaming around and talking at the tables before speeches. You get a plastic champagne glass on the way out. If they make it home without cracking, they are great conversation pieces in a college dorm or apartment.

You get an invitation in your stateroom.

We just got off a 4 night (11/11) and they had the reception in Evolution (Dream). Drinks and nibbles were offered, pictures with Sailor Donald, Captain gave his speech, and a video from Karl Holtz. Then chatting with officers and Mickey rice treats were handed out. We didn't see the glasses at this one or at the Fantasy reception last month.

Thanks for the replies. We're planning to go, especially because of a possibility of meeting a character there.

The receptions are a bit fun. Make sure to bring your own camera for character pictures, it's easier. :thumbsup2

Are they only for gold & platinum members? IS it confirmed they are no longer offered on 3 nights?

TIA:goodvibes

Yes, since fall 2009 they have been for gold and platinum CC members AND others staying in their cabin. Everyone in the cabin is invited if even one member is gold or platinum.

The "problem" is that they sometimes have 50% repeat cruisers on "normal" cruises, and it is much higher on some special cruises--the numbers reached a point where the reception couldn't be handled. It is eliminated on some specialty cruises where over 500 guests have been platinum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter