Cass, Rob & Kira - Christmas on the Wonder, The Sequel ~ 2017

Joining in. I really enjoyed your other trip reports, can't wait to see how your second Christmas cruise turned out.

I love the excitement of embarkation day and watching the sunrise sound like the perfect start! Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.

We went on the same cruise on 24 November and you're bringing back great memories. Cant wait to read more!

Day 3, Part 2

We turned out of the terminal and onto Harborside Drive and saw this...

120.jpg

Oh my LORD!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!!

Do you see that? No traffic!!!!

:dancer:

This makes me so freaking happy!!
loveshower.gif

Looking back at the beautiful ship...

121.jpg

We turned left and then left again into the parking area and still...empty!
hapydancsmil.gif

122.jpg

We drove all the way up to the little office trailer so I can go in and grab my free parking pass and this is where I found out that my back up plan was less than stellar. They said that they didn't even have valet for this cruise (can't remember why) so we would have had to join the hordes again if the fog had caused a delay. :scared:

So, YAY for no delays!!! :woohoo:

Here's our parking pass for the week.

123.jpg

She told me that DCL was parking on the other side this time so we were to just turn our car around and go back where we came from. They had us park in the Handicap Accessible spots right along the fence.

124.jpg

We waited about 5 minutes for the shuttles to come get us and then off we went!

125.jpg

I had a good laugh on the shuttle, our driver (who was a hoot!) pointed out two older gentlemen who were traveling together. They both had dropped off their respective families at the port and had parked the car and were now heading back to join them. I am assuming that the rest of their families were wearing matching shirts because they both had on a shirt that says "I don't do matching shirts" but as myself and the awesome driver pointed out to them, they were, indeed, wearing matching shirts :rotfl2:

Back to the port, where I saw this sign, which is interesting!

126.jpg

For those of you who read my Christmas 2016 report, you will notice a slight difference in the next few photos, compared to last year. :rolleyes1

No.
Lines.
Anywhere.

fiesta.gif

127.jpg

128.jpg

This part before security took us about 45 minutes alone last year! It was about 5 minutes this time :worship:

129.jpg

130.jpg

And here is the wonderfully empty check-in area!

131.jpg

132.jpg

I just kept snapping pics because I was so darn elated! :rolleyes:

133.jpg

Easy breezy through check-in. Once again we brought a little gift of Canadian chocolate bars for our check-in CM. :santa:

And off we went up the escalators!

This is Kira's new thing...smiling with her tongue sticking out :rolleyes2 :P

134.jpg

Upstairs was a little busy because they hadn't began the boarding process yet but there were tons of seats, which is one thing I love here compared to Port Canaveral, where there are very few seats!

136.jpg

135.jpg

We found a spot and checked out the Navigator.

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

We checked the app and we were able to sign up for the chat right there! Rob was having an issue with his phone but after tinkering with it, we were able to get all three phones connected to the ship's wi-fi and start the chatting. This was awesome because with access to the app, we could check out the entire week's activities and that is exactly what Kira did. She favourited all the ones she wanted to see, mostly movies and characters greets :rolleyes2

It was now boarding time but since I booked this about a month before, we had a later boarding time. But it was exciting because we knew we would be on soon! And now I am platinum so crossing my fingers that DCL doesn't change their Castaway Club policy before our next cruise, so we don't have to worry about that anymore. :rolleyes:

143.jpg

Kira and I had a restroom break and then it was almost our time so we moved up a little closer.

Then it was our turn!!

144.jpg

They do the Welcome Aboard photo in the terminal, which is a tradition of ours, although I don't care for the graphics they added to it when we purchased it.

145.jpg

And honestly, I was not impressed with their prints. We bought 4 of them and they were all slightly blurry or just not the best pics. We had about 30 to choose from and it was tough. I didn't love any of them but we wanted a family photo and one of Kira in front of the tree and with Santa.

After checking this photo out at Shutters, I sadly realized that I had a stain on my shirt! Crap! I love this shirt and I only bought it 6 months ago at Disney Springs. :sad:

I wear it all the time, which kinda explains the stain. I'm terrible with my shirts, one day I will learn to use an apron :rolleyes1

Just around the corner, we could finally see our ship!

This is where things get real :goodvibes

146.jpg

Just a few more steps...

147.jpg

Here is our welcome aboard video. Rob gets rather excited during boarding, this time to Kira's detriment :lmao:

We also stayed in a balcony room on the 6th floor of that Hilton! We were the very last room on the hall. We were only there one night pre-cruise, though. It was too chilly to swim, but DD enjoyed decorating cookies with Mrs. Claus. And we ate at the Rainforest Cafe, too! It's very convenient.

LOL, too funny! What a coinkidink :rotfl:

We saw Santa and the Mrs. but didn't do the decorating. Sorry it was too cool for the swimming, they have such a great pool!

FABULOUS! Loved every minute of it and can't wait to go back!

Awesome :thumbsup2 and DITTO!!! :cool1:

What a great location for that hotel - oh, the warm weather must've felt so nice after all that snow! Love your mom/daughter swimming traditions :love:

Oh my goodness, @podsnel where have you been lady?!!! See, a @Timon trip report gets ALL peeps out on the Disboards :cool1:

HAHAH, she is busy lady! ::yes:: Glad to have you both here :grouphug:

Oh man, we were loving the weather, it was perfect!!! :cloud9:

Yay! Our lovely Timon is back at again!:yay::love:

I'm in my comfy chair with my mug of cocoa and ready to read all about your adventures!:dogdance:

Yay! Glad you're here, hope you enjoy :goodvibes

Yea! It may be the same cruise as last year but Kira is a year older. Besides, it is winter, we could all use a Disney cruise fix. Thanks for taking the time to share.

We had a trip scheduled for this April 2018 but "life" (91 year old mother and 13 year old dog - health issues) got in the way. Sad but since we had to cancel this April we turned around and scheduled a b2b for late April/early May 2019. Hopefully we will see you or some of your readers on our cruise(es). Hint, hint. :rolleyes1

Kate

I'm sorry to hear about your canceled trip but awesome on the b2b!! :cool1:

I would love to do that one day :love:

Enjoying another one of your awesome trip reports!!! :)

Thanks for joining in :flower:

Cass!! Woohoo a Cass trippie!!! Well didn't this just make my night. Now you know I usually find you when the entire report is done, so now I'm sitting here, like, I have to wait for more now?? lol. Love it so far!

HAHAHA, that is true! You have to be patient now but I will do my best to keep things going :goodvibes :hug:

Such a same about the fog impacting everything that day for you (but what the heck about the Go Karts??? Doubt the fog had much to do with that being closed).

Oh what a great tradition with those photos!

I know, right? I don't think the fog had anything to do with it, they just need to update their hours online :rolleyes2

great update, thanks! Your stories, even just hanging out days, are just terrific. You really do have a way of putting us right where you are, and i know this is mundane, but I love that you separate your thoughts into paragraphs. Can I just say, those pictures at Waffle house, yum!! It cracked me up because now that our son and his wife, live 30 minutes from Disney, my DH wants Waffle house so bad and for some reason we just never go. I'll have to indulge because we LOVE breakfast out. Ihop near his house always wins though. Can't wait for more, and I don't even care if you don't get to the ship lol, I love your stories!!

Awww shucks, woman!!! :blush::blush::blush:

You are WAY too kind!!! :hug:

Too funny! If we lived close to a WH, Kira and Rob would be there all the time, I think! :P They also love IHOP because of their pancakes though. Maybe it's just a novelty since we can't just go to a WH here. :D

Yeah - my first day back on the DIS Board after my Christmas break and I find a new trip report from you - fantastic.

I loved the photo of your house covered in the snow - so beautiful.

Loved Kira's reaction to the news of a Disney Cruise!

Looking forward to reading more.

Yes, the snow looks beautiful but it's not fun to drive in o_O

Thanks for joining in :thumbsup2

We just got back from the Wonder yesterday :(
Sad day, but happy to see another TR from you! Yey!
I dress the same way as you when we travel even in the winter :) Vacation mode all the way right from the start.

There are highways over highways in Canada, no?
I think Toronto has them.
I also love the painted signs.

Oh wow, so you're missing her too! :sad:

I was going to wear shorts but I changed my mind at the last minute :lmao:

Yes, Toronto has them, as does Montreal but not nearly as much as big cities in the USA. Plus, we are in the west and we don't get to Toronto or Montreal often so we are not used to seeing them :laughing:

Yay! I'm excited to read your newest trip report...I love them! I feel like we are neighbors, even though you are in Calgary and I am in Nova Scotia, lol! Kira is getting so tall, she will pass you soon!

We were in Disney for a week in mid-December to see the decorations and loved it. In six weeks, we will be doing a 4 night Bahamas on the Magic. Your trip report will get me excited for that, lol. Can't wait to read more.

Yay, glad you made it, neighbour :p :hug:

Yes, I keep telling her that she will be taller than me very soon!

Oooh, I miss the Magic! I hope you have a MAGICAL cruise :cool1:

I wonder where she got that from hmm?

I have no idea what you are talking about. :scratchin

Hi :wave: joining in. I love reading your reports.

Thanks for joining in again Mrs. Grumpy :goodvibes

Woohoo almost there!!!

On the ship now! :woohoo: :lmao:

If only! :rolleyes1

I'm a fellow Calgarian who'll be headed off on my first cruise this October with spouse and beanie-boo loving daughter. Sound familiar? ;)

Your TRs have been fantastic! I'm taking notes and have questions. :D

Mark

LOL! Sounds slightly familiar :rolleyes1

Oooh your first cruise! Won't be your last ;)

Yes it's sailing day!!! And so far looks a LOT better than the year before :banana::banana::banana:

Oh my good Lord, it was a million times better :cool1:

Woot Woot! Another Cass trip report! I need this to pass the time until my cruise on the Fantasy in August!

Jill in CO

You found me :hug:

That's not far at all! August will be here before you know it 8-)

Joining in. I really enjoyed your other trip reports, can't wait to see how your second Christmas cruise turned out.

Thanks! :goodvibes :hug:

I love the excitement of embarkation day and watching the sunrise sound like the perfect start! Looking forward to the rest of your trip report.

It was perfect! Thanks for joining in :thumbsup2

We went on the same cruise on 24 November and you're bringing back great memories. Cant wait to read more!

Awesome! :goodvibes

Can't wait to share more ::yes::

Isn't the beginning of the cruise just the best? You have your whole vacation ahead of you. So glad you didn't have any fog issues this year.

Day 3 Part 3

Rob and Kira headed for Cabanas straight away while I made a quick stop at The Promenade Lounge to see if I could change our dining time. We have always done late dining (except on Kira's first cruise back in 2007 because we cruised with Rob's family and they wanted early) and loved it. Knowing my kid, however, I knew that main dining would suit us better so that she could have more pool time. We had just seen all of the shows last year so it would be awesome to have early dinner and then hit the pool since they close now at 10pm. I did put us on the waitlist as soon as I booked it but unfortunately it never came through, which is understandable since this was a Christmas cruise filled with young children.

I spoke to our head server and main dining was booked solid. I asked to be put on the waitlist but we were second on that list so I figured we wouldn't get it. He said if we wanted to share a large table, he could switch us right away but we've had our fill of sharing tables and with it being Christmas, we wanted a table for just us. He said he would call us if something opened up.

On my way out, I snapped this.

148.jpg

And then I snapped this, which is one of my favourite pieces of art on the ship. I can't even tell you why I love it so much but it stopped me in my tracks every time I passed by it. :lovestruc

149.jpg

Up to Cabanas I went, where I met my family. They had just grabbed a table inside so I asked if we could go sit outside. I love sitting outside to eat but I often don't get to do it on our cruises because it's just too darn hot for me but since this was Galveston, the weather was perfect for me! I found a table in the shade (also important to me with my Lupus) and they went and got some food.

Kira went to Pete's to grab this...

150.jpg

This is pretty much her cruise staple. While I do encourage her to have fruit and at least one vegetable a day, I don't bother her too much about her food choices on a cruise. She almost never eats hot dogs at home and although she is a picky eater, she eats well most of the time. She also has about 3 or 4 ice creams per day on a cruise which also doesn't bother me because she doesn't eat too much junk at home. She also drinks water 95% of the time at home but on cruises she will drink lemonade, which she often waters down.

Besides, we're on vacation :dance3:

So, prepare yourself for a lot of hot dog photos :rotfl2:

Rob grabbed this...

151.jpg

And this...

152.jpg

While I grabbed this...

153.jpg

Our first cruise meal :goodvibes

154.jpg

I did NOT like mine. The meat was just okay, very chewy and my potatoes were like a rock! Rob's potatoes tasted just fine so I guess I got mine from a different batch :confused: I could not eat it at all! :crazy2:

I decided Kira had the right idea so I went and got this...

155.jpg

Sadly, it wasn't much better :crazy2: It was okay but it tasted like it had been sitting there since the last cruise and the fries were cold. :sad2:

Oh well, it's not like I wasn't going to eat again soon :rolleyes1

Once we were done, it was almost 1:30 and the rooms would be ready by the time we got down there so off we went to find our room.

We were in 5140, which was only 3 rooms away from the room that Rob and I stayed in on the Magic in 2005, so we knew we would love the location.

This would be our first stay in a Navigator's Verandah so we were excited to see it!

156.jpg

It was also an easy location for Kira to find on her own.

And here is us following Kira into our room. This little clip shows how clumsy she is as she fell onto the sofa :lmao:

And some pics...

Loved this bag, HUGE improvement over the burlap bags!

157.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

165.jpg

We all loved the Navigator's Verandah. It was neat and different and very very private! The only downside to this verandah was that you couldn't sit and see the ocean, which we kind of missed.

Two out of three of our bags had arrived so I was able to get some unpacking done and I gave Rob the stuff to decorate our door.

166.jpg

167.jpg

168.jpg

The finished product, although we did move them around a lot during the week because the door has been painted over so much, some of the magnets had a hard time sticking, especially when you opened and closed the door.

169.jpg

I also brought two sets of lights for the inside of the room (cheap thin wire lights from the dollar store) and this ended up being one of our favourite things! We put them on each evening until we went to bed and sometimes we would all just snuggle on the bed and watch the lights together, it was so pretty and probably the most Christmassy thing we did all cruise! :santa:

Laying there in bed snuggling together watching the lights was also one of my best memories of the cruise. :love:

We put up a string in front of Kira's bed for her to enjoy and then hung up one set in front of our bed for us. We didn't use tape or anything, they were super thin wires and we just hung them over the mirror and pictures on the wall.

170.jpg

Here is a video of us enjoying the lights later on in the cruise...hard to really capture the magic of it but trust me, it was amazing :cloud9:

I also brought 4 of the hanging decorations we got last year with the Christmas decor package and I hung them over Kira's bed for her.

171.jpg

Kira loved this bench! She would often sit out there and journal, it was a great space for her!

172.jpg

Just as we finished decorating, we stepped out onto the verandah all together...

173.jpg

and spotted some dolphins!

I wasn't fast enough to grab a photo but I did get two of them on video :woohoo:

Last edited:

Love the room decorations!

So cool you got to see dolphins! I remember seeing some playing when I was on the beach in Galveston!

Jill in CO

Awesome decorations!! Very christmassy :)

I love the navigators verandah, that deck is perfect for writing/reading. I wish they slept 4 in those rooms though; any idea why those rooms do not have a drop down bunk from the ceiling?

Great start to your trip report! I really like the lights and your door decorations. Looking forward to future updates.

Day 3 Part 4

It was now time for the safety drill. We lucked out because ours was in Animator's Palate! We arrived early enough to get a seat, which is so much better than standing outside being squished by hordes of people, which always seems to happen to me :crazy2:

We used the secret stairs at the back of the ship, which are super handy to get around if you are staying at the very aft. :thumbsup2

And then we used the super duper secret stairs into Animator's, which are not usually open to guests except during the safety drill.

174.jpg

We sat at this table and as soon as I sat down, I exclaimed that this would be the perfect table for me to have dinner at. :love:

175.jpg

It was super painless and once we were all done, we headed up to deck 9, where Kira grabbed this...

176.jpg

Then off to watch the sail away party, which we had totally missed last year because we were boarding at the time. :rolleyes:

177.jpg

178.jpg

Sadly Kira has reached the age where she doesn't want me recording her dancing :sad1: She loves to dance, just like us and until this cruise, had no qualms about me taping her but she was very adamant about me not filming her this time. She kept looking over her shoulder, watching to see what I was doing and if I was recording, she would immediately stop dancing. :sad:

So no video of my girl dancing.

I have quite a few like this though...:rolleyes1

She kept hiding behind her daddy so that she could dance but not be filmed :lmao:

Once we had our fill of the party, we moved to the side to watch us sail away from the terminal.

179.jpg

180.jpg

215.jpg

Our friends Nancy & Chuck were watching us sail away on the web cam but I did warn them that the last few sail away videos were not good! They had focused on people on the balconies and not the top decks like they do at Port Canaveral but we went anyway, just in case.

The camera was on the roof of that building with all of the shutter looking windows.

181.jpg

As we passed downtown, you could see right up the streets, pretty cool :cool:

You can see the camera now, on the roof of the hotel.

182.jpg

Sadly, they didn't see us, the webcam dude was all over the place. :scared:

We enjoyed the views as we sailed away. We had been in the theatre watching the welcome aboard show last year when we sailed away so this was all new to us.

183.jpg

Here is Seawolf Park, the place we originally were going to go visit the day before. Maybe next time ;)

184.jpg

And then we headed to the front of the ship.

185.jpg

It was super windy and Kira left to go back to the room while Rob and I enjoyed sailing out of the channel, even with the wind :laughing:

187.jpg

Once we were almost into open waters, we headed back down to our room.

We watched as the Pilot boat captain got back on his boat and sailed off.

188.jpg

I don't know why this fascinates me so much but I always enjoy watching this! The good thing was that we had a great view for it at every port and got to see it just about every single time :teeth:

It was now just after 6pm and we hadn't heard from the Head Server about main dining, which had begun 20 minutes ago so it was safe to assume that we didn't get it.

Kira and I changed into our swimsuits so we can enjoy some pool time in lieu of watching the Welcome Board Show and we were just getting our flip flops on when the phone rang.

Last edited:
I love sail away...not the party but all the activity that it takes for the ship to leave.

Cliffhanger!

Jill in CO

What a great week! I've gotten to read an update every day after work!!
Don't you just love the first ice cream of the trip - always the best!
:dogdance:
And....did you get the first seating after all????

I'm so glad your embarkation day went more smoothly this year! You are the reason that I was obsessively watching the Galveston port cam on the morning of our cruise - it was pretty foggy on December 14 and 15, too, so I was concerned. :) We had a totally normal embarkation day, and it looks like you did, too!

Wait, wait! I thought I was reading Cass’ trippie. I was so confused when I read the part where you were watching a Christmas movie. I almost had to look to make sure I was reading your’s. LOL!!!

Breakfast at The Waffle House looked pretty good. It’s been at least 35 years since we ate at one. :)

Cass, you know you can text me ANY TIME during the night and early morning and I’ll be awake. I was happy to hear from you before you left on your cruise.

Glad you didn’t have the debacle from last year at the terminal. Big difference, eh?

Loving the pics of the verandah. That map is awesome looking!! I’m not a fan of the slingback bag from DCL and will gladly trade you mine for the one I loved from 2007!!! I still can’t believe I lost mine somewhere. I used that bag to death. :)

It was still fun watching the ship take off except that we couldnt see you. It would be been so much nicer to see your smiling faces though.

I am slowly catching up....but just saw this picture...That family was on our summer cruise! They were with the partying gang in the smoking section and the guy had the same bag with him then too. LOL. Small world!

I need to cruise just to get the new bag. I wish we got them last summer!

I was going to ask if you saw dolphins. We were amazed at all the dolphins in port when we sailed out of Galveston.

I am really really wanting to be on a ship right now!

So about that phone call.... ;)
Love that pic of Kira and the ice cream cone. I still remember that priceless pic your hubby took of Kira on the stairway with that second cone in her hand and that cute busted look on her face. Priceless! :-)
I was happy to see a pic of the Waffle House waffle on your second day at the Waffle House because I've never been to a Waffle House (the closest one is 250 miles away) and have never seen a Waffle House waffle, and I absolutely love waffles. :upsidedow
Your stateroom door is amazing!!! I love the little touches with the Christmas lights. I can never get enough cheeseburger pics, so I'm always happy to see those too. Really, could that cheese be any more golden?! Too bad it didn't taste as good as it looked but it sure was photogenic, I'll give it that.
Aww, too bad Kira is at that age where she doesn't want to be filmed dancing. I remember trying to get my grandson to play the drums in Animal Kingdom one year so I could film it (he was taking drum lessons at the time) and he wouldn't do it, so I have a pic of him standing next to the drums with his arms folded, refusing to play).
I have to say that I really do appreciate everyone who takes pics of the airports and check in processes along the way. It sure does help set the scene and let's others know what to expect. Thank you for sharing!
Happily reading along. :D

Last edited:
Day 3 Part 5

It was the head server Ronald on the phone saying that he had a private table for us and to come down to Tiana's straight away! :banana:

Oh wow! I'm glad I hadn't been to the pool already and that I looked somewhat presentable :p

It felt a little odd walking in there about 25 minutes into dinner service but Ronald was there to greet us and led us to table 39, a table for four, next to a pillar. :cool1:

Nobody puts Baby in a corner but this chick LOVES corners. :rotfl:

I always prefer to be on an end or a corner or preferably in the corner of a booth :laughing:

And while I didn't know this yet, table 39 in AP and Triton's was even better! :woohoo:

189.jpg

If you remember from my last report, I love love love Tiana's!!! It's one of my favourite Disney movies and it was the very first movie Kira saw in the theatre, so it's pretty special to me and I love everything about this dining room! They have great menus, great music and entertainment and it's just beautiful :love:

Some of the Crawfish Crooners were familiar from last year but it was a new Tiana this cruise.

190.jpg

We met our server Joel and our assistant server, Juan. They both did a great job the whole week, we would definitely request them again. As we were being escorted to our table, we actually ran into Aaron, our server from last Christmas! Funny enough, we found out a few days later that had we kept our late dining, he would have been our server again! I was sad about missing out on Aaron but super glad we got the early dining. Plus we got to know Joel and Juan, who really were "excellent" :D

Sorry no dinner menus from me, I think we were feeling a little rushed and I totally forgot but I think they were the same as last year.

Kira got her cruise dinner usual :P

191.jpg

We got a few appetizers to share, like we often do.

192.jpg

193.jpg

195.jpg

And then we had a visitor to our table...

194.jpg

Tiana was also making the rounds and visited all the tables around us but didn't come to our table. No big deal, we knew we would be back two more times and we were bound to see her then.

Our entrees...

196.jpg

197.jpg

I just love the details in this restaurant. It's always loud and crazy and people are very busy eating and stuff but if you ever dine here, make sure to check out some of the little details! :lovestruc

198.jpg

199.jpg

Again, we got a few things to share...

200.jpg

201.jpg

202.jpg

This was my favourite from last year...

203.jpg

It wasn't as good as last year but still good! The portion seemed quite smaller to me though, which is something that we really noticed this time. I am totally fine with smaller portions and actually I think it's better that way because there is less waste! What I didn't care for was the noticeable cutbacks in other areas :sad1:

After dinner, Kira and Rob decided to go see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. While I loved the movie, that was something I could watch at home so I went to see something I couldn't watch at home, the Be Our Guest welcome aboard show. :thumbsup2

204.jpg

I like seeing who the cruise director is as well as seeing the performers for the week. Usually the Captain is there too but he wasn't. Actually, I don't even know who our Captain was! That's a first! o_O

Back to the room once I was done to find this guy wearing my sunglasses :cool2:

205.jpg

And Kira's bed ready for the week.

206.jpg

I should mention that we met our room host, Cipto (pronounced Chipto) earlier and he had asked if we had any requests, which are always the same, lots of ice for me, extra pillows for the pillow hog (that would be me :rolleyes:) and to keep Kira's bed as a bed all week. ;)

He met all of our requests and was rather amazing about doing his job and not being seen :laughing: We didn't see him again until day 5 I think! It was rather odd because we ran into the room host next to our section a bajillion times over the week but rarely saw Chipto. Like I said though, he was great at cleaning our room during the times we were not there and some days that was quite the task so yeah, he was kind of brilliant ::yes::

I forgot to mention that we stopped by the stores sometime after sail away to check out the merchandise. We bought this as I thought it would make a nice decoration for the week as well as at home :love:

209.jpg

And each one of those strips fold over each other so it made it super easy to pack!

While at the movie, Rob got these for us. I was shaking my head (just as I did last year) seeing the Disney Parks verbiage on there. :rolleyes2

Disney has 4 ships that do two months of Merrytime cruises, you'd think they would offer a DCL specific mug, for Pete's sake! At least I didn't see any Disney Parks shirts like last year. They were smarter and actually had a decent section of DCL Christmas stuff for sale in the stores this year. :santa:

210.jpg

211.jpg

Sorry this is blurry but I love checking out the TV to see where we are :upsidedow

212.jpg

We got into our PJ's, watched a movie, put our Xmas lights on and enjoyed being on a cruise, in our room. :cloud9:

213.jpg

With early dining, we ended up being quite hungry by about 9:30-10pm. Since we were used to late dining, when we would have an early bite at Pete's by about 4pm then our dinner at 8:30 ish, we figured we could just flip this custom of ours but by the time we were hungry, we realized that Pete's closed every night at 9:30pm!!! >:(

Talk about cutbacks!!! :sad2:

So, our only option was room service, something we haven't actually done in years!!! We've always done late dining and grabbed a snack from Pete's/Mater's in the late afternoon to tide us over until dinner so room service was never really needed.

Let me tell ya now, I think we ordered room service every single night of this cruise :rolleyes1

This was either fabulous or terrible, depending on which night it was. I will warn you, if you want room service, order it at least 30-60 minutes before you are actually ready for it. Some nights I had to wait on hold 5-10 minutes just to get through to them! Then the time from phone call to delivery from anywhere from 30-60 minutes, so be prepared! Plus always have a few dollar bills for a tip!

Tonight, it was actually quite delicious!

214.jpg

Since I brought water and Diet Coke and we had mugs and ice, we didn't need to run up to deck 9 for drinks. Plus Kira always enjoyed having milk to dunk her cookies in. :rolleyes:

I perused the Navigator for tomorrow and then we went to sleep. It had been a long, fun day and we were all exhausted.

Couldn't have asked for a better first day of the cruise :worship:

207.jpg

208.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter