Carthay Circle Menu

TikiTikiFan

DIS Veteran
We have dinner reservations for Carthay Circle and I’m curious what options they have for vegetarians that people have had.

I read on yelp that they often put together a veggie tower (I’m picky so I’ll pass on that)- can they just throw together some simple pasta? How flexible are they? I always have good luck with this at Blue Bayou- is it a similar experience there?

I’d love to try those biscuits but they have bacon in them. I assume those are premade so no modifications available there?

This is why we usually don’t eat there but we’re going with first timers that are dying to try it so I’ll have to make do. Just want an idea of what to ask for when we arrive so I’m not too high maintenance! :rolleyes1

I did make a note on our reservation for dietary restrictions so hope that helps!

Thanks everyone!

I’m only seeing one entree and it’s artichoke ravioli. Just seeing if anyone has had any experience ordering off menu. At Blue Bayou they’ll always just throw together pasta for me- seeing if Carthay will do the same!

Or will they let you order the kids menu? I’d eat the veggie options on the kids menu. Being a picky vegetarian is a pain, but I’m too old now to want to change my ways. 😂

There's usually only the one entree. I have never ordered off menu, but I have ordered lots of appetizers and my server brought them out in stages.

I have never eaten at Carthay because none of the food sounds good to me. However, since they claim to be an upscale restaurant, they should be willing to accommodate you. I see that there is a pasta option on the kids menu that can be ordered with marinara sauce. They should be able to make you a larger portion.

I think the only appetizer I’d eat is the salad from looking at their menu...

Maybe I’m better off just eating beforehand and having a dessert and drink? Does anyone know if they’ll make you something off menu? Not a big deal if they don’t but just want to be prepared. 😊

Does anyone know if they’ll make you something off menu?
I don't think they will. My husband has eaten there twice. He cannot have gluten, corn or nightshades. There are nightshades in everything at Disneyland. When he explains to the server what he cannot eat, the server tells him everything on the menu that can be made slightly different to avoid those ingredients. They have never offered to make something not on the menu.

I know you mentioned that you would probably only want the salad on the menu. You can also order the sides which change seasonally. We've had charred broccoli, and some other stuff. I have had the artichoke ravioli entree and it is nearly tasteless when compared to the other appetizers and sides. If I were ordering vegetarian, I'd get the salad and the side vegetables.

The menu does change seasonally - supposedly, we go there at least once every time we visit and have seen some repeats with different sides - so it may not be the ravioli by the time you get there. My husband used to be vegetarian and generally enjoyed his meals there. There's usually also a vegetarian starter which might be an option, along with a side (we love their mashed potatoes) if you're not interested in the vegetarian entree.

The kids' pasta is, well, kid food, it's not terrible but it's certainly nothing to write home about, but I'm pretty picky about pasta!

We ate there with a vegan friend. They offered her the veggie tower or an off menu vegetable pasta dish. She picked the pasta and said it was one of the best meals she’s ever had.

Thanks for all the information everyone! I’ll try asking for the pasta and if that’s a no go then I might just eat a pile of dessert! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter