Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

I haven't heard anything new and interesting. I have seen a lot of pictures, and now that the exteriors are nearly wrapped up and trees in place it's hard to see anything new.

Thanks for the kewl picture, Mikey and Ski.

I can't figure out the line and loading area for RSR. I mean I know, or think I know, that the entrance for the attraction is the red brick building at the end of Route 66, right in front of where the track does a 360, at the middle right of the picture. But there's nowhere there that the track goes off to the side to anything that looks like a loading area. My best guess is that the loading are would have to be in the big white-roofed building at the lower right of the picture. If so, then I'd also guess that the line snakes underneath the attraction, all the way from the red brick building to the white-roofed building, a la Indiana Jones. Does that sound right? Anybody know for sure?

-Bob

Thanks for the kewl picture, Mikey and Ski.

I can't figure out the line and loading area for RSR. I mean I know, or think I know, that the entrance for the attraction is the red brick building at the end of Route 66, right in front of where the track does a 360, at the middle right of the picture. But there's nowhere there that the track goes off to the side to anything that looks like a loading area. My best guess is that the loading are would have to be in the big white-roofed building at the lower right of the picture. If so, then I'd also guess that the line snakes underneath the attraction, all the way from the red brick building to the white-roofed building, a la Indiana Jones. Does that sound right? Anybody know for sure?

-Bob

Yes, this is pretty accurate. See the little outdoor part towards the bottom of the ride that is 1 lane only? That's the very beginning of the ride, so the loading area is nearby, somewhere in the big show building. The line will start way back at the courthouse and be a LONG trek into the loading area (it goes under the bridge seen in the pic too).

The queue of RSR.

At the end of Rte 66 make a right at the brick Courthouse, all the rumors about that being anything having to do with RSR are wrong. You you go right at it and past it.

In the photo below the brick Courthouse you can see the red sign over the entry. Just above and to the right is a bold, backwards "C" shaped section of path, that is the FP distribution. To the right and above that is the exit path.

The exit path will go to the right, you can see it near the, almost 360 loop of track. It goes under the steel framed bridge, under the modern concrete bridge, and into the rock aiming at the top corner of the white roofed building. The unloading area is in the face of the rock cliff, not in the show building.

The FP return queue goes down the middle path, you can see it just before it's going under the steel bridge. It goes from there roughly along the exit queue, and upto the cliff, then follows the cliff down and to the left, to the loading area. The loading area is in the rock cliff next to the middle of the top left side of the white show building.

The Stand By queue is on the left, it will wind and switch back quite a bit. After it goes under the two bridges, it will wind through the small buildings in front of the cliff. The queue maze will progress upto and just into the rocks to the loading area.

The loading and unloading areas are in the cliff, in alcoves shaped like the motel Lightning and Sally drove to at the end of Cars. Under the hubs.

radiator-springs-racers-disney-california-adventure_55653023.jpg

on that aerial shot I can see RSR and the Luigi flying tires but isn't there a ride with the tractors? I can't see that ride.
Where exactly is the entrance to cars land located?

on that aerial shot I can see RSR and the Luigi flying tires but isn't there a ride with the tractors? I can't see that ride.

very frist ride on the left as you are entering carsland.

Cars Land has three entrances. The Cross Street that runs east and west(up down) in about the middle or the photo. The Cross Street comes from Fliks Fun Fair and goes down to the Pacific Wharf where it goes through and arch in the rock. The third entrance is from the Parade Route, where Rte 66, going north and south(across) in the photo starts near a dark patch of pavement.

Above the dark patch of Rte 66 near the Parade Route is where Mater's Junkyard Jamboree sits. The tractors are very hard to make out, but they follow the circles that are more easibly visible.

Tried to see if this was already posted didn't see it so if it is sry if not here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sSRkd_lTTI&feature=youtu.be

Thanks, yes I posted it earlier when I had a chance.

A Look down "The Road to Cars Land" in Blue Sky Cellar

This is a video of the current diplay in the Blue Sky Cellar which was updated about 2 months ago. Blue Sky Cellar is an open attraction that has been showing previews of DCA. You can visit the cellar, it's next to Wine Country Trattoria's patio.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...y-cellar-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Cars Land has three entrances. The Cross Street that runs east and west(up down) in about the middle or the photo. The Cross Street comes from Fliks Fun Fair and goes down to the Pacific Wharf where it goes through and arch in the rock.

Oh my. Yes, I see it. It looks to me like the quickest path from the CA's GCH entrance to RSR is through the Pacific Wharf dining area, right through all the picnic tables. I'd hate to be in that area at rope drop, when the stampede comes racing through to get to RSR
:duck: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Sorry if this is a repeat question do we know the height restrictions on the new rides?

Thanks for all the awesome info and previews! I'm really glad this will be open when we go next year. Looks like the perfect proving ground for my sometimes scared but Cars-lovin' DS. May have to be our first stop when we hit the park!

Oh my. Yes, I see it. It looks to me like the quickest path from the CA's GCH entrance to RSR is through the Pacific Wharf dining area, right through all the picnic tables. I'd hate to be in that area at rope drop, when the stampede comes racing through to get to RSR
:duck: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Hard to say what will happen but Rope Drop may change a lot since the focus is likely to shift away from TSMM.

Sorry if this is a repeat question do we know the height restrictions on the new rides?

For Radiator Springs Racers 40"
Luigi's Flying Tires 32"

The first is confirmed by Disney. The second confirmed by multiple CMs who have tested LFT. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree's I haven't listed in the OP because there is not yet reliable confirmation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter