Carnation Cafe worth it these days?

We had breakfast there late November of last year. I would not go back for breakfast again. The food was just ok, not great. Main problem was it was luke warm not hot. Service was nice. but slllooowww.

Personally, I'd skip it.

We don’t do breakfast other than Starbucks but CC is good for lunch. One of the better places in DL to eat. Most places are subpar.

I find the food at Disneyland so disappointing. Walt Disney World has some incredible table service options. We really miss some of those restaurants.

We had breakfast there the first week of May of this year. We were disappointed, but decided to try it again, later in the week. Again, another disappointing breakfast. The service was sloooooow, and the food was sub-par both times. We're like you, it was our morning tradition. No more.

I read the comments about Jolly Holiday for breakfast and I know that food can be very subjective but we finally made it to JH on Monday morning. We ordered the breakfast croissant sandwich and one cinnamon roll. The sandwich was very underwhelming. No taste. I’m not sure why they call that Hollandaise sauce. It had zero taste.

The Cinnamon roll was pretty good but it is very rich. Could only eat a few bites. Not sure we would buy the sandwich again. We did have lunch at Carnation Cafe. Very good as usual. There was a huge line on Monday for breakfast which we have not tried.

I read the comments about Jolly Holiday for breakfast and I know that food can be very subjective but we finally made it to JH on Monday morning. We ordered the breakfast croissant sandwich and one cinnamon roll. The sandwich was very underwhelming. No taste. I’m not sure why they call that Hollandaise sauce. It had zero taste.

The Cinnamon roll was pretty good but it is very rich. Could only eat a few bites. Not sure we would buy the sandwich again. We did have lunch at Carnation Cafe. Very good as usual. There was a huge line on Monday for breakfast which we have not tried.

We always go for muffins from JH. Those are reliably solid. The cinnamon roll is an indulgence for sure. I don't like breakfast sandwiches but I have heard a lot of people rave about the one there. I'd rather eat a plain Croissant with butter, personally.

The croissant breakfast sandwich has been my go to for a while. I ordered one last Friday and I didn't even finish it. They now put in more eggs and less bacon and cheese. Mine didn't have any flavor. I told my sister (who was ordering it for the first time and was also underwhelmed) that if this is what it tasted like the first time I ordered it, I would never order it again.

Something else I didn't like. The prices listed in the View Menu option and the Order Food option did not match up. When I ordered the food, the croissant items were $3 more expensive than what was listed in the View Menu option.

Is that the stuffed french toast that's so famous? We used to have that at V's Cafe but they don't serve breakfast anymore. :guilty:

No. Not stuffed. It wasn't stuffed at Flo's either. It's like a baked French toast/bread pudding.

At Flos, it was served with a banana caramel sauce. At Pyms, it has blue bread mixed in and it's served in a large slab with warm syrup. It's very cinnamon-y at Pyms (was less so at Flos).

We had lunch there last week, and it was good enough to put it on the list for next time. I had the club sandwich, my husband had a salad, and our son got the Parmesan burger. We hadn't eaten there in some time (before the pandemic), and I'd forgotten how good it was. But the reason we stopped was still in place--even with our reservation it took quite a while to get seated and although I requested outside in the shade we were in the very hot sun. The CMs doing the check-in weren't the most disney (lots of eye-rolling, etc), but our waiter was great. So IMO the food for lunch was solid, but it you don't want a leisurely meal, I'd look elsewhere.

No. Not stuffed. It wasn't stuffed at Flo's either. It's like a baked French toast/bread pudding.

At Flos, it was served with a banana caramel sauce. At Pyms, it has blue bread mixed in and it's served in a large slab with warm syrup. It's very cinnamon-y at Pyms (was less so at Flos).

Ohhh, that's right. I had stuffed banana french toast at the Poly during my 1987 honeymoon and it has stuck in my mind ever since.
Yes, it was that good.....and yes, I am that old.

Do they still have the cherry shakes? I don't see it (or any shakes) on the menu anymore. My usual go-to was the potato soup and cherry shake with the fried pickles as a shared appetizer.

Do they still have the cherry shakes? I don't see it (or any shakes) on the menu anymore. My usual go-to was the potato soup and cherry shake with the fried pickles as a shared appetizer.

They have NO milkshakes at all, nor any ice cream. Well, you CAN get a scoop of vanilla ice cream with your apple pie, but other than that, nothing. It's what I miss most about CC (the chocolate malt).

Best dinner was had while in DL, with the exception of the salad my wife got….

Chicken and chili…..

They have NO milkshakes at all, nor any ice cream. Well, you CAN get a scoop of vanilla ice cream with your apple pie, but other than that, nothing. It's what I miss most about CC (the chocolate malt).
Awww man! That is a bummer! Not sure it will make the cut without my DH's favorite meatloaf AND my cherry shake. :headache:

My daughter likes the Chicken Fried Chicken, and we both love the short rib. But we no longer care for breakfast.

My sister and I had breakfast there last Dec. The options were poor and the food was like you'd get at a cafeteria. I was hoping to read on this thread that it had improved since then, but it sounds like it hasn't. That's such a shame! Chef Oscar would be so sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter