Caribbean Beach vs. Coronado Springs

grapefruitjellybean

Mouseketeer
Title is self explanatory. Please help me make a decision.
Which one would you chose based on my family and our preferences.

- 2 adults, 2 kids 6-9
- going in April/May 2024
- we only rope drop MK and head to the other parks around 10-11, we usually stay until the end of park day
- we do not do mid afternoon breaks
- kid 1 loves pools and swimming and kid 2 loves lounging in the shade
- we do not care about walking long distances or stairs, or doors that open to the outside
- we don't really care about the food unless it's healthy food. We want salads instead of food court burgers
- our favourite parks in order are HS, MK, AK, EP. We will be spending more time in HS and MK
- we prefer a more chill peaceful vibe at resorts
- I don't know if transportation is a big factor. In the morning we usually Minnie Van, and at night we take the bus or skyliner
- we don't need a fancy room, just needs to be clean and have storage space to unpack everything and put away 5 pieces of luggage

I was looking at prices and CB is around $250 more for our trip.

You said April/May.....If going in April, CBR main pool will be under refurbishment.

CSR has a great slide at the main pool. Although it's a beautiful resort and generally has a chill vibe, there are often conventions and school groups staying at the resort. This is great when they aren't on the buses and not so great if they are grouped together around the resort for events, meals, or practicing.

CBR has a very chill vibe and doesn't feel busy because it is so spread out. Given the skyliner and access to Riviera, it would be my choice for your family. The skyliner not only gives you easy access to EP and DHS but also all of the dining at BC/YC, BW, and Swan/Dolphin.

Just got back from at stay at CSR. Was initially hesitant but took advantage of the 30% offer. I thought it was great. Certainly the overall feel is more convention than Disney but if you need a fix there are 4 parks nearby. I will mention that that as PP stated I was there during a non convention week. Never saw a crowded bus. I was amazed at how centrally located it ended up being. I did use Uber quite a bit by choice for convenience and most rides were less than $10 and often closer to $6. Also the food selection was great. Toledos was my favorite especially for late dining.

Plot twist!
I threw my budget out the window and booked a Lion King family suite at AoA.
In the end it came down to skyliner, the extra space, and the over the top theming.
Budget at Disney?? What's that? :crazy:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 7.02.40 PM.jpeg

AOA is awesome, the Lion King rooms are one of my favorite to stay in!! And it's great having 2 bathrooms. Enjoy - I'm jealous, it's been awhile since we've done those rooms!

Plot twist!
In the end it came down to skyliner, the extra space, and the over the top theming.

So the pool ended up not being such a factor? Going from a moderate to a value, even AoA, is a bit of a downgrade pool wise.

Plot twist!
You would be surprised how many of these types of threads end with a plot twist of a totally different resort. You are not alone!

I love that you booked AoA! Maybe try CSR when your children are older and can appreciate some relaxation time. We love it there, too! You will love the extra space, the privacy, the two bathrooms to get ready, kids can each have a bed, I could go on and on. and yes, the theming is unbeatable! Don't forget to check out the pool in the Cars area if the main pool becomes too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter