Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ's Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by totalia
I have a question. Which island would you reccomend? My fiance and I are staying here for our honeymoon. I requested a king suite but I don't want to end up in Trinidad south and I was thinking of requesting Aruba or Jamaica. We are both non smokers and would rather not have to deal with alot of screaming children (I love kids but it is our honeymoon).

We honeymooned at CBR in June and had the perfect King bed honeymoon room :love: 4252 :love: in Jamaica. It wouldn't hurt to ask!

Is there any word on when the refridgerators will be installed in the rooms?

If not, what is the charge per night, and when do you need to request them?

Thanks!!

I really love these CBR threads!!!

They are working on installing them now. There have been reports when you ask for one in a room that doesn't have one the refrig. is free.

Hi Everyone!
I am so excited to have found this thread!
This is my first official post/question...

My husband and I are planning our first trip to WDW and we are staying at the CBR with our two kids ages 4 and 2
Jan 5, 2005. We requested to stay in building 26 (A friend suggested this building).

I have a few questions, hopefully someone can help me with...

Is this building a good location as far as the transportation to the resorts, and to the main area/pool?

Also, how long do you think the average travel time will be to/from the parks this time of year?

One last question...Any thoughts of how crowded the parks are this time of year?

I am already having panic attacks just thinking about going on such a major trip with them! I just want to make sure we are close to the transportation in case we need to make a quick return to our room.

Actually, if anyone has any helpful tips, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!!!

:)

Welcome to the DIS.

You will get more replies if you break up your questions to different boards. The transportation issues can be answered on the transportation board. How crowded the park is can be answered by "experts" on the theme park board.

Building 26 is a preferred location costing extra nightly to stay there. Have you paid for this location?

Many people have suggested Jamaica as a great location if you don't want to spend the extra money for a preferred location.

You may want to check out the CBR FAQ thread #1 listed below. I also have lots of pictures of the resort.

You will love CBR. It is a beautiful resort.

We just got back. Requested a ground floor in Jamaica with no problem. We were in building 45, and it was an awesome location. Close to the bus stop, close to the beach and playground, and just a quick trip over the bridge to the food court and main pool. The pool in our village was closed for rehab, but no problem - my DD preferred the main pool anyway.

By the way, there was already a refrigerator in our room.

We had a great time!

I have rooms booked there for Nov/Dec I am traveling alone with 2 small children. Do you think they will take pity on me and give me a first floor room?

I requested a ground floor when I got there - the Jamaica request was noted on my reservation - but I hated to have too many requests listed on there, so I just waited until I got there for that one. I had no problem whatsoever - we got there about 7:00 p.m. I would just have it noted on your reservation, but I don't think you'll have a problem either.

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the suggestions. I now am wondering if I should change my resvervation from the "preferred" location to the Jamica area? Also, I am wondering if you can hear the people above you if you are on the 1st floor? Any thoughts???

thanks in advance!

I don't think you can go wrong with the preferred locations. We have done it many times and loved staying in Martinique or Trinidad North.

We haven't heard our upstairs neighbors either.

Just got back. What a great resort!! Already had a fridge in our room, although the front desk said if there wasn't one we'd get it free.
Also, just to mention, Most of the areas on Parrot Cay except the main walkway were closed off due to hurricane damage. I checked a few times to see if anything had been cleaned up, but they remained locked our entire stay.
We stayed in Martinique 2407. Very quiet, but still close to the pool, bus stop, and Old Port Royale. Even got some towel animals! Roomy, clean, and comfortable.
All in all, an excellent place. I can't imagine any of the deluxe resorts being any nicer.

we always request prefered rooms when we make ressies and have always got them without the extra fee. we also always go in december so that most likly makes a big difference too.

I see that you can request a Rollaway bed for a fee of $15.00 plus tax. Should I put that request in when I send my fax a few days before we go? Also, is that $15.00 for the entire time we stay?...I'm hoping it's not per night.

Thanks,
Stacy

Not sure about the rollaway cost. I would call Central reservations and have your requests noted in your reservation. More and more resorts are not looking at the faxes. You can also ask for any requests at check in.

Just back from Caribbean Beach Resort,
My sweet husband surprised the kiddies and me with a quick weekend trip. All that was available with the fla resident discount was that and the all star sports. I've never really been interested in CBR , I heard it was too spread out, and I wasn't sure the tropical theme would appeal to us, after all we live in Fl year round. However, we really enjoyed it, the cast members were all very friendly, the room clean and it did have a refrigerator in it. The grounds were lovely and relaxing, and while it was a bit of a walk, it was pleasant, although if it were really hot, I could see it might not be as fun. My little ones loved the sand beaches and playground. Pool was nice as well, had the quiet one almost to ourselves. Fun food court as well. We will definately stay here again. And we were glad we enjoyed it, especially as the parks were very full this weekend and we ended up back at the resort a large portion of the weekend.

Once again the DIS boards come to the rescue with much needed information!

We are planning our 2nd trip to WDW. Went last June for the 1st time and knew that no other vacation destination would do this year! Anyway, we were planning on staying at Pop Century this year. Then got to looking at the moderate resorts and saw CBR! Talked ourselves into staying there. I didn't know much about the resort so I knew I had to come here and of course, here is a whole FAW thread! Thanks!!

The first FAQ has lots of trip reports that you might want to look at.

To get you in the mood you might want to visit my pictures of CBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter