Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Pete said it is shocking bc the food at Old Port Royale which is literally attached to Shutters is actually pretty good.

I am going to keep an eye out for other reviews of Shutter's because we had thought about booking an ADR there for our first night at the resort. Hopefully, this was a one-time occurrence.

I just booked our room for Caribbean Beach Resort today. :cool1: It will be our first stay here. Our other two trips we stayed at All Star Movies. I saw somewhere online where you can mail a coconut. My daughter really wants to get some of these to mail home to her friends and was wondering how much they cost. Thanks!

Yes, the buses start running very early because of breakfast ADR's. We usually leave about an hour to get from resort to resort by WDW transportation and always get there in plenty of time. :goodvibes

Thanks! :yay:

I was just worried that since our ressies are for 8am that we wouldn't get there in time

I was able to book CBR on travelocity for $75/night for our trip in August, what a great rate! Linda :)

Yes, but it will take you approx 60-90 mins to do this. You might want to think about taking a cab as the cab fare from one resort to another is usually fairly reasonable.

I take cabs all the time. It is reasonable. Was thinking about a car. But the cabs seem to keep there rates pretty reasonable.

I take cabs all the time. It is reasonable. Was thinking about a car. But the cabs seem to keep there rates pretty reasonable.

I think Disney makes them. I heard from the podcast crew that the cab companies also keep there better vehicles on property as well.

Hi All, :goodvibes

I have a question regarding the whole "what will you celebrate?" theme. Okay so this is a solo trip for me and dd12 and one of the reasons we are going is that she just finished her first year (6th grade) at a school for the gifted and talented:cloud9: she also ended the year with honors and so I would like to have something in the room for her. I know there are things like the disney florist $$ but I wanted to know if you call the hotel and ask for a "card signed by mickey" would they do it? or is that something I would have to do with a package. Hard to surprise her and I'd like that to be in the room when we get there and then I'd put whatever I get her there myself.

TIA

6 more days til we get to CBR :cool1:

I heard it was about 15 dollars. We are planning on taking a cab as well for our early morning reservations.

I just switched my res from POFQ to CBR! I'm so excited...thanks to this & the other CBR threads! :) The only other mod we've stayed at is POR & we love it there! We booked FQ for something different, but not TOO different! LOL But after reading this thread & seeing all the pics, and getting over my fear of the sheer size of the place, I took the plunge. I requested bldg 21 in Martinique since all the preferred bldgs are sold out for the free dining.

We'll be there 9/19-26/10! Anyone else?

Anyone eat at Shutters? I have an adr there...but there aren't too many reviews on dis for some reason. (that I can find, anyway)

hi avonlady!!! good to see you here!! i too went through the same thing with por/rq/cbr. we will be at cbr sept 6-14 so i will just miss you.

Can't wait. We're going week before Easter. Hopefully the pool will hold a large capacity. Last time we went during Easter break we stayed at POFQ and there was never any chairs available around the pool.

Can't wait. We're going week before Easter. Hopefully the pool will hold a large capacity. Last time we went during Easter break we stayed at POFQ and there was never any chairs available around the pool.

We go in the summer and have always been able to find at least 1 chair. So, I think you will be ok then.

Hi All, :goodvibes

I have a question regarding the whole "what will you celebrate?" theme. Okay so this is a solo trip for me and dd12 and one of the reasons we are going is that she just finished her first year (6th grade) at a school for the gifted and talented:cloud9: she also ended the year with honors and so I would like to have something in the room for her. I know there are things like the disney florist $$ but I wanted to know if you call the hotel and ask for a "card signed by mickey" would they do it? or is that something I would have to do with a package. Hard to surprise her and I'd like that to be in the room when we get there and then I'd put whatever I get her there myself.

TIA

6 more days til we get to CBR :cool1:

HI! I've done this before--- when I checked in, I told the front desk about the special occation we were celebrating, and asked if I could have a card signed by Mickey... It was wonderful! Even personalized! and they had balloons waiting in the room as well.. plus.. it was FREE! :cool1: Enjoy! and congrats to you and your daughter!

Just keep in mind it all depends on how busy the resort is. They could say yes and then not have the runner to do it. If you really want to do something arrange and pay for it. That way if it doesn't happen you can complain.

:surfweb: Morning,

Thanks for responding, I actually have some stuff for her that I have to put in the room, I was just curious if it was at least possible to have that in the room in advance. No biggie tho, I'll ask but be prepared in case it can't be done, just need to figure out how to put her goodie bag in the room without her seeing.

Can't believe after all this planning and waiting I'll be there on thursday :banana:

I just have a question about Disney transportation. We're staying at CBR in August and we have booked breakfast reservations at other resorts. I know that the busses don't go from resort to resort but do busses/monorail/boats run early enough to transfer at one of the parks to a resort bus so we can easily get to our reservations?

How early of a breakfast. My wife and kids had breakfast last year at Kona, 7ish, and a bus driver took them from Pop and dropped them off at Poly. All my wife asked, "What was the quickest way to Poly." he driver said hope in. They were like an hour early for there reservation, walked the grounds for a bit and then seated early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter