Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just found some BEAUTIFUL pictures of the pool! And i noticed a sign that said the pool was open 24hrs.... Is this true? Will it be that way first week of December when I am there???? Oh how exciting, I hope so!!!
:cool1::thumbsup2:cool1:

Yes, the main pool, hot tubs and quiet pools are open 24 hours.

However, the slides at the main pool and the kiddie splash area at the main pool will close when the lifeguards go off duty. The time they go off duty changes with the seasons. When we go in October it's 8PM. During the summer, I believe it's 10PM. I have never been in December, so not sure about then.

We're going to CBR for the first time later this summer and I'm looking for your best tips and suggestions! We've done the Values twice (Movies and Music) and are looking forward to experiencing a Moderate. We have two young kids.

So, what are your "must dos" at CBR?

We're going to CBR for the first time later this summer and I'm looking for your best tips and suggestions! We've done the Values twice (Movies and Music) and are looking forward to experiencing a Moderate. We have two young kids.

So, what are your "must dos" at CBR?

Enjoy the play ground at Caribbean Cay
Lounge in a hammock
Play on one of the beaches
Roast marshmallows at the nightly camp fire
Catch a nightly poolside movie
Rent a Surry Bike and tour the grounds
Rent a Sea Raycer boat
Rent a pontoon
Kiddie Splash area (if your kids are uner 48")
Slides at the main pool
Soak in one of the hot tubs after a long day at the parks
Enjoy illuminations from the bridge or the Martinique beach
Walk the grounds as the sun comes up, love CBR in the AM

Lounge in a hammock
Rent a Sea Raycer boat
Rent a pontoon
Slides at the main pool

I can't wait to run the grounds around CBR at sunrise!!!!

Lounge in a hammock
Rent a Sea Raycer boat
Rent a pontoon
Slides at the main pool

Awesome list! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to run the grounds around CBR at sunrise!!!!

It's awesome!

dscn0339.jpg

dscn0338.jpg

dscn0337.jpg

dscn0334.jpg

dscn0088.jpg

Thank you for the pics. It means a lot to me to run there. 3 years ago we were there and I was 200lbs . I wished I could run around the resort like the people I seen there in morning. Now 2 half marathons and 30+ less pound later . I get to do it. I can't wait!!

Thank you for the pics. It means a lot to me to run there. 3 years ago we were there and I was 200lbs . I wished I could run around the resort like the people I seen there in morning. Now 2 half marathons and 30+ less pound later . I get to do it. I can't wait!!

Great job!! Enjoy your run!:)

My partner and I are staying at CBR for 5 nights in early October. I booked a standard room with deluxe dining and a 5 day magic pass with hopping. I've read through a number of pages in this thread and am very greatful for all the information that has been provided. We decided not to spend the extra $25 per night on a king bed room, preferred room etc. but rather to request certain details in the reservation.

So this post is a shout out to you CBR vets; I am seeking out recommendations for specific buildings/room numbers that you feel may meet the most of our wants. Obviously none of these are needs since we didn't decide to pay extra. This is our wants list in order of importance:

- shortest travel time on buses to disney theme parks
- king bed
- nemo-themed refurbished room
- 2nd floor room
- corner room
- bay/lake view
- location not too far from OPR

Obviously we'll likely get some and not all of these requests met. Are there specific buildings/rooms that meet the majority of these wants that anyone has stayed in?

Thanks in advance.

Alon

- shortest travel time on buses to disney theme parks

Can't recommend a village for this. It all depends on which entrance/exit the bus uses.

- king bed

King bed is a room category. You can hope for some pixie dust and get upgraded to a king. By asking for a king room as a request, you are asking for a free upgrade. That doesn't work in your favor with the pixie dust.

- nemo-themed refurbished room

All resort rooms, except for the Pirate Themed rooms in Trinidad South, are Nemo Themed.

- 2nd floor room

That is an easy request.

- corner room

Again, that is a valid request.

- bay/lake view

By making this request, you will again be asking for a free upgrade.

- location not too far from OPR

Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are the closest, non-preferred room locations.

Your best bet would be to list your requests in order of importance. Also, the least amount of requests you make up the odds of getting your requests met. Our last trip we reqeusted Jamaica 45 and 2nd floor, both were met.

It sounds like Disney doesn't do free upgrades. Is there a way of writing/emailing directly to the CBR GM?

It sounds like Disney doesn't do free upgrades. Is there a way of writing/emailing directly to the CBR GM?

They do in certain situations. Such as if there is an issue with a room/rooms and the only open rooms are an upgrade.

But if you go to check-in and ask for an upgrade, they will tell you what the price difference is between the room you have booked and the room you want. Then you can decide if you want the upgrade.

You can put in a request but Disney will not guarantee any requests. Prioritize your requests because they will not be able to grant them all. So many people have requests it really does no good to contact the GM. Just ask nicely when you are at the front desk and maybe you will receive some pixie dust. I don't think there is a bad room at CBR.

If you want a king bed room book that category. Or if water view is more important book that. Keep in mind that a water view room could overlook a pool.

Disney doesn't publish e-mail addresses or phone numbers for its resort general managers, so unfortunately you're not going to have any luck there. But there's really no way to pre-arrange a free upgrade anyway. Truly, the only way to pre-arrange an upgraded room is to reserve and pay for it.

And by the way, Martinique building 22 is exactly the same distance to the food court as Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51.

Haven't been to CBR since 2009, have the toiletries changed? The last ones I remember had a blue and black label on them.

dansdad said:
Thanks, that's good to know! I guess I just assumed all of Martinique was preferred.

Only half of Martinique is preferred location (24, 25, 26). The other three buildings (21, 22, 23) are standard. :-)

Okay, kind of an odd question for you...
What sort of door handle does the bathroom have? I need to get a baby-proofing lock so my son doesn't get in there without one of us! I have looked at every picture I can find online and none show the handle to let me know which type to buy, and I don't remember from our last trip.

I'm considering booking a Pirate room for my DS 6yrs. I'm wondering if its worth the extra money? It looks like they are in Trinidad South which is further away from everything. Walking is not a huge deal to our family, but I haven't stayed at CB since I was a teenager. I can't remember exactly how big of a resort it is. It looks huge! Is the room that cool? If we're paying extra, I would want it to be special, and not a huge inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter