Caribbean Beach FAQ Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not recommend walking to Hollywood Studios! It is not set up for walkers. Much safer to take the bus.

Welcome to the DIS.

If you get a chance, can you check and see what drinks are offered for the refillable mug? I saw a picture of the soft drink machine from about a year ago. It is kind of fuzzy so I can't see what all they offer. I know you mentioned before that you could check, but I just thought I would remind you. ;) Thanks!!!! :goodvibes

We just got back, and used our mugs frequently. I know they had the basic Coke products (diet, regular, sprite). They had a Hi-C product, and Minute Maid light lemonade in both regular and pomegranate (we enjoyed that one). I'm sorry, I can't remember the root beer/other soda offerings - maybe someone else can? They had tea and coffee and hot chocolate as well.

I'm not sure about walking to HOllywood Studios? We have used Gardengrocer on everytrip. They will deliver your groceries to Bell Services. When you fill out your form online for gardengrocer you put in your cell number. They will call you when they deliver your stuff.

Has anyone ever walked from the Caribbean resort to Hollywood Studios?

Has anyone used the Garden grocer to have food/drinks delivered to your room? Do you need to know your room number when ordering? Do you have to have a cell phone for them to call you when you are there?
Thanks for any info you can give me.

I wouldn't recommend walking from the CBR to HS. There's no real designated walkway and it can be quite dangerous as traffic seems to be always heavy.

We have used Garden Grocer twice. You do not have to know your room number when you place your order. When you begin check-out on the Garden Grocer site, there's a drop down box that has all of the Disney resorts listed. Just click on Caribbean Beach Resort. There's also a place to put in your estimated time of arrival.

We give them my husband's cell number as a contact number should they need to contact us while we are on the road. I don't think it's required though. We did receive two calls before we left home. One confirming that we had placed the order and, then, the day before we arrived, they called again to confirm.

If Garden Grocer arrives at the CBR before you do, they will leave your package(s) with Bell Services. You can either pick up your package(s) from Bell Services. If you want to wait until you get to your room before getting yor Garden Grocer order, you can simply call down to Bell Services and have them deliver them to your room.

Hope this helps

Has anyone ever walked from the Caribbean resort to Hollywood Studios?

Has anyone used the Garden grocer to have food/drinks delivered to your room? Do you need to know your room number when ordering? Do you have to have a cell phone for them to call you when you are there?
Thanks for any info you can give me.

I have never walked to H.S. nor would I want to:rotfl:
I think its a little too far to walk and I'm not sure if they have sidewalks.

You do not have to have your room number when ordering. Just tell them your resort. If they arrive before you they will likely store them and keep the refrigerated items cold. I would give them a cell phone number just in case anyway.

I don't think I would ever leave my DSLR at the front desk. I would take it with you if you don't want to leave it in your room. I have teakne mine on 2 trips and never had a problem when I left it in the room. But the second trip I found that I just loved my pictures much better from the DSLR so I took it almost everyday. I had a decent bag, and last Christmas got a better bag to haul it around in. It really wasn't bad carrying it around. I actually carried it on my neck most of the day and just put it in the bag on certain rides.

Thanks for the advice :goodvibes I am mostly worried about getting it wet on one of the rides, or if it is raining. Is your camera bag waterproof? I am going to start looking for a good bag now. I do love the quality of photos I get from the dslr, too. I pretty much carry it everywhere I go now...too many photos to count.

No, a dSLR will not fit in the in-room safe.

I don't know off-hand if concierge would hold it for you. You could always pull a trick my old instructor used. When he was doing travel shoots, he purchased a wire mesh bag and would lock it to the plumbing. However his set-up was, if someone really wanted to take it, they'd have to bust open the pipes to get it out, which would ruin his gear and be useless to the thiefs.

Smart instructor!:thumbsup2
I wish that the in-room safes were a little bigger to fit it, but I guess I will just bring it with me and my DH and I will take turns carrying it.

I seem to remember the AKL safes being big enough to fit my video camera when we stayed there back in 2004. Maybe I am remembering wrong, though. Do the deluxe resorts have bigger in-room safes?

Thanks for the advice :goodvibes I am mostly worried about getting it wet on one of the rides, or if it is raining. Is your camera bag waterproof? I am going to start looking for a good bag now. I do love the quality of photos I get from the dslr, too. I pretty much carry it everywhere I go now...too many photos to count.

I usually carry a small backpack or tote in the parks. I take along a gallon size ziplock bag and slip my camera(s) in the ziplock and down into the backpack. Never had a camera get wet yet.

We have stayed at the CBR 5 times and have always left either a laptop or a video camera and even a PSP in the room and haven't had any problems with them coming up missing. I usually either put them underneath something in the bench or I put them in the suitcase which has a lock on it.

What type of activities are offered for the kids to do free at the resort? When we stayed at BWi in March there were pool games, kareoke.... Anything like this at CBR during the summer?

I never rode anything that I would get really wet on. But you can use a plastic bag, (which I did on splash MT.) to keep it protected. My new bag has a pull out rain cover to keep things dry.
when it did rain while there (we never had alot tho) I would just keep it in the bag and keep it covered as well. I think I left it in the room two days last trip(Pop Century) and never had a problem. I kept it my big backpack camera bag. Next trip I have decided not to bring the big backpack as I usually only use 2 lens while there. I can fit both of those in the new smaller bag, so I am just going to carry that down with everything I need. I am thinking of using it as my purse type bag as well. I had another small bag I used in the past, but it was a pain to take when I brought the SLR as well, and usually converted what I needed to the camera bag. We also have a stroller (sure will hate when DD is too big for it) and I carry a tote back with a change of clothes and snacks, and ponchos in it. That I leave in the stroller at all times and keep nothing of major importance in it. Oncve she gets bigger, I'll probably have to change how I do things

What type of activities are offered for the kids to do free at the resort? When we stayed at BWi in March there were pool games, kareoke.... Anything like this at CBR during the summer?

I've never asked this, but I'd be curious to see if there is anything too.

Update on RAC:

Despite what's been originally said about CBR needing to expand their luggage storage to accommodate Southwest RAC users, I have it on very good authority that absolutely NOTHING is happening at CBR. So either the reason RAC isn't offered there for Southwest fliers is wrong, or they just haven't begun the work to expand the luggage room. It seems odd to me that they wouldn't have started on it by now, though.

I plan on asking what gives when I get there next week and I'll update here with anything I find out.

Not to sound uneducated, but what is RAC??? I'll be flying Southwest in August, staying at CBR. What should I be worrying about??

Not to sound uneducated, but what is RAC??? I'll be flying Southwest in August, staying at CBR. What should I be worrying about??

I'm probably not giving you the accurate definition of RAC, but its the Resort Airline Checkin (I think). Where you can check into the airline that you are flying on and when you get to MCO, you can bypass that part of getting to your flight. They will also take your luggage for DME there once you check in if you'd like.

I don't know if this question has been asked sorry if it has! Were staying in the pirate rooms in December and I was wondering if the pirate rooms have corner rooms with the two windows like the rest of the resort? I've not seen pictures with rooms like this. Anyone know? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter