Cardinals....what a joke!!!!!!!!

While I'm bummed 11-5 didn't make the playoffs, I'm all about rooting for the Cards! Good for them to be in it and I hope they win it all...what a story that would be, for the team and for Warner himself. Not too long ago we were that same team and look where we are now. I have nothing but good wishes and respect for them.

No one is assured of anything.Had we made the playoffs, there is no saying how far we would have gone, no team/fan can say that. Anything can happen any time. That's one of the things that makes this game so much fun.

GO CARDS!!!

BTW, why does every conversation that has Patriots in it have to be turned back to "cheating"? Get over it people! Move on! Remember the 49rs!!

:offtopic:

Pat fan, I love your John Wayne quote! ::yes::

carry on :snooty:

I haven't read past theses two posts, but...

The Giants were supposed to win it all.

Unfortunately - they forgot about that and proceeded to lose.......

;)

You meant to say the Bears instead of Giants, right? ;)

This is coming from a fan of the team that went 16-0 and lost the superbowl to the 10-6 Giants, you of all people should know what the underdog can do.

Completely true. Anything can happen.

Totally off topic, but I love your avatar and signature picture! :thumbsup2 My husband and I went to see them last July in Hershey. They were awesome!!

Michelle :flower3:

I think that the Cards will make a good game out of it as long as Warner is playing at the top of his game. Near the end of his time in STL our offensive line let Warner get so beat up that I'm not sure that he knew where he was much less who he was suppose to pass to. Right now the Rams suck and I'm not sure that our newest coach is going to improve things, so I'm cheering for the Cards!

BTW, why does every conversation that has Patriots in it have to be turned back to "cheating"? Get over it people! Move on! Remember the 49rs!!

Look, anyone can say whatever they want about the Pats. I personally hate them .... But it's just because they are a fantastic football team and I know that they are a threat... But also, because I feel like they are "America's Golden Boys" - and when I hear that they were caught cheating, it makes me feel like "Really, you guys are ALREADY this good - and you're cheating... SERIOUSLY?????" Because - they are a great freaking football team anyways.

It just kind of adds to the elitist attitude that people usually associate with the Pats. Like they feel that they are entitled to win the superbowl every year or something.

Pat fan, I love your John Wayne quote!
Thanks! I can take no credit for it though, I cut and pasted it from another Dis'rs tag....hope you don't mind, whoever you are! Feel free to steal it from me if you want :flower3:

Look, anyone can say whatever they want about the Pats. I personally hate them .... But it's just because they are a fantastic football team and I know that they are a threat... But also, because I feel like they are "America's Golden Boys" - and when I hear that they were caught cheating, it makes me feel like "Really, you guys are ALREADY this good - and you're cheating... SERIOUSLY?????" Because - they are a great freaking football team anyways.

It just kind of adds to the elitist attitude that people usually associate with the Pats. Like they feel that they are entitled to win the superbowl every year or something.

I agree anyone can say what they want, it just makes me crazy :rotfl2: Even the Commish said nothing taped helped in any game, ever. So why was it done? Who knows, maybe Bill's a rebel...whatever. But if it didn't help us and it didn't hurt you (not you or your team, "you" generic) then why say our record is tainted and wins don't count :confused3 We were wrong, we were punished, move on. Remember the 49rs!

And I don't know any Pat fan that is elitist or expects to win any game, much less a trip to a superbowl. Maybe in other areas of the country, but not where I am.

Anywho...I'm very glad for the Cardinals and I hope they win it all!!!

What a silly thread. The 8-8 Chargers knocked out the Colts in the playoffs. These are the rules and everyone is aware of them prior to the first coin toss of the season.

I'm sure the OP was rooting against the Patriots when the 3rd place Pats took their wildcard slot all the way to the Superbowl.

OK....we did not make the playoffs at 11-5, but there is a team we beat 47-7 just a month ago in the superbowl.....listen I cant stand the steelers, but if this isn't the biggest superbowl layup of all time I dont know what a layup is:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Like last year was a layup for the undefeated and undefeatable Patriots?

Stop whining and win your division next year - you only had to be out the lowly Dolphins and Jets and Bills and you would have made the playoffs, so quitcherbellyakin'. :rolleyes:

Most Patriots fans = spoiled brats now days... so terrible to have to experience a non-super bowl season like the majority of the rest of the fans in the league... wah wah wah

Any team can win on any day, Look at the Steelers 3 years ago. No one picked them to win the Superbowl.

Even this year with one of the toughest schedules, if not the toughest no one picked them to be where they are, yet there they are in Tampa. :cheer2:

The Steelers must be on their game. I know they aren't taking the Cardinals lightly. They got what it takes to get them there. They will be a worthy opponent.

Don't have sour grapes Pats fans. 11-5. How about 17-0 and you choked on the big one?

GO STEELERS!!!

What a silly thread. The 8-8 Chargers knocked out the Colts in the playoffs. These are the rules and everyone is aware of them prior to the first coin toss of the season.

I'm sure the OP was rooting against the Patriots when the 3rd place Pats took their wildcard slot all the way to the Superbowl.

Like last year was a layup for the undefeated and undefeatable Patriots?

Stop whining and win your division next year - you only had to be out the lowly Dolphins and Jets and Bills and you would have made the playoffs, so quitcherbellyakin'. :rolleyes:

Most Patriots fans = spoiled brats now days... so terrible to have to experience a non-super bowl season like the majority of the rest of the fans in the league... wah wah wah

Exactly--good points.

That's what's fun about sports. The Yankees can spend the most money, but the 2003 Marlins can still beat them in the World Series. That's why they play the games. Anyone can win.

All I can say is that I am obviously a Steelers fan. Always have been - always will be ::yes::

But I also have Pittsburgh pride that stretches pretty far - Kenny Wiz, Russ Grimm and Larry Fitgerald(PITT grad :thumbsup2 ) were all from this area. Larry Fitz is AN AWESOME player and Wiz and Grimm were both phenominal coaches while they worked for the Steelers. And I also can't emphasize how much respect I have for Kurt Warner - as a player and a person.

For as much as I obviously want the Steelers to shut the Cards down on Sunday - if we have to lose to a team - I want it to be that team. They seem genuine and they have really stepped it up and have most definately earned their right to be here.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter