Car Rentals Near DLR or Drop Offs?

MilitaryMouse

Mouseketeer
Are there any car rental places near DLR, or that might drop off rental cars? We only need a rental car for a few days of our trip so I'd rather not trek back to the airport to pick up a car if I don't have to. I know Audi on Demand will drop off cars but they're closed on Sundays (the day we'd like the car).

Thank you!

If I were picking up a car in the DLR area, I'd go with Alamo or National which is behind California Adventure near the Dessert Palms.

I've dropped off Enterprise at the Hilton and Hertz at the Marriott by the convention center but never picked up with them. There was an issue with my Enterprise drop off so I now usually plan around one way rentals from the airport with Hertz if I want to do something involving a car.

I haven't tried any of the other rental car options in the area.

I have used Alamo because there was a desk in Paradise Pier Hotel.
I have also done the Hilton.
You just need to know what the desk hours are.

If I were picking up a car in the DLR area, I'd go with Alamo or National which is behind California Adventure near the Dessert Palms.

I've dropped off Enterprise at the Hilton and Hertz at the Marriott by the convention center but never picked up with them. There was an issue with my Enterprise drop off so I now usually plan around one way rentals from the airport with Hertz if I want to do something involving a car.

I haven't tried any of the other rental car options in the area.

I have used Alamo because there was a desk in Paradise Pier Hotel.
I have also done the Hilton.
You just need to know what the desk hours are.

Thank you both! I’ll look into those places and hope the hours work!

I've rented both from Alamo (Katella, just half a block off Harbor) and Enterprise (Harbor, about half a mile west of Katella).

Because you need the car for "a few days of your trip" I think you will want to price the airport rental for your entire trip. Factor all the angles-- round trip transportation to/from the airport, hotel parking costs (if any), and any specials out there for a longer rental.

I have found airport rentals (pickup/dropoff same airport) are cheaper than the locations around DLR. So it might pencil out for the length of your trip. Costco rental car finder is a great tool to compare companies and locations and has great rates/policies/no cancellation penalties. :thumbsup2

Because you need the car for "a few days of your trip" I think you will want to price the airport rental for your entire trip. Factor all the angles-- round trip transportation to/from the airport, hotel parking costs (if any), and any specials out there for a longer rental.

I have found airport rentals (pickup/dropoff same airport) are cheaper than the locations around DLR. So it might pencil out for the length of your trip. Costco rental car finder is a great tool to compare companies and locations and has great rates/policies/no cancellation penalties. :thumbsup2
Thank you! That's a good point!

Are there any car rental places near DLR, or that might drop off rental cars? We only need a rental car for a few days of our trip so I'd rather not trek back to the airport to pick up a car if I don't have to. I know Audi on Demand will drop off cars but they're closed on Sundays (the day we'd like the car).

Thank you!
Another thing...
I usually find the best rate by going through Costco for a rental car.
I will also check the rates often because I have found they fluctuate over time.
It's easy to re-book when the rate goes down.

Alamo have been used before by us, when they used to have the little office around the corner from the old cinema that was demolished earlier this year in Downtown Disney. Rather usefully, they also have an unlimited mileage policy too, whereas some other rental companies tend to charge more if you go over a certain amount .....

We just used Alamo for the last couple days of our November trip. Picked up on Katella (very close to the parks) and returned to LAX.

Alamo have been used before by us, when they used to have the little office around the corner from the old cinema that was demolished earlier this year in Downtown Disney. Rather usefully, they also have an unlimited mileage policy too, whereas some other rental companies tend to charge more if you go over a certain amount .....
Spouse drives free too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter