Car hire

Ann B

Mouseketeer
hi I am looking to book my car hire for next year. I have only booked with a package before so I have lots of questions about booking it myself!!
I have quotes from USCarhire and Yescarhire that I am happy with the price. Does anyone have any experience of using either of these companies, are they reliable? Both appear to be using Alamo. Are they any good? Also are they onsite at MCO?
Thanks

we have used usrentacar last year and booked again with them for next week, they were the cheapest i could find for the class of car we wanted

I believe alamo are onsite but we only use dollar

Hi, first time I've booked car hire separate this trip. Booked with Alamo via Disney site which gives a discount, cheapest I found. They are onsite and will pick up and drop off at resorts.

We have used Floridacarhire for the last few years. The cheapest Dollar deals who we prefer!

Tracy x

We have used USCarhire before and have had no probems. As I remember it we paid a 25 pound deposit to secure the vehicle at the price quoted (which proved to be a good move as prices went up shortly afterwards) and the balance paid 8 weeks prior to travel.
We then received an email voucher which we presented at the car hire desk (it was Dollar in our case) and all went very smoothly. We also made sure we signed up for Dollar express to help us beat the queues :thumbsup2

We have used USCarhire before and have had no probems. As I remember it we paid a 25 pound deposit to secure the vehicle at the price quoted (which proved to be a good move as prices went up shortly afterwards) and the balance paid 8 weeks prior to travel.
We then received an email voucher which we presented at the car hire desk (it was Dollar in our case) and all went very smoothly. We also made sure we signed up for Dollar express to help us beat the queues :thumbsup2

Ditto this - I prefer Dollar to Alamo, the CS reps at the desk are far less pushy and far more accommodating. Definitely sign up for Dollar Express, soooo worth saving time at the desk!!!

We reserved a Premium 7/8 Seater SUV and got this (actually had the choice at the desk of this or a Dodge Durango):

P1030865.JPG

Only 4 of us, but my wife and one of our female friends shop. A lot.

yes we got an upgrade with dollar as well, booked a 5 seater intermediate 4x4 and got a 7 seater which was great and so much better

Havent done dollar express as they need a credit card and we dont have one but never had to wait to long

yes we got an upgrade with dollar as well, booked a 5 seater intermediate 4x4 and got a 7 seater which was great and so much better

Havent done dollar express as they need a credit card and we dont have one but never had to wait to long

This was a small worry to me as well, but a quick chat with Dollar CS revealed that they don't take a deposit, only hold the details as a security, and they accept a small number of pre-paid credit cards - check with them which ones, but they happily took my PayPal prepaid VISA, as did everywhere else in FL while we were there.

Sure enough, we rolled up to the express desk, handed over my paypal card and all was fine. Just wish I could remember my PIN number as i haven't used it since then!!!!!!!

Had a small delay waiting for the car as it had to be brought over from the 'A' Side apparently, but the CS rep barked at the garage that we were express customers, and a 15 minute "no-one's available to move the car" turned into a 5 minute "someone is magically available to move the car" :teeth:

we never leave a card with them so I dont think we will start now, I'm not worried about dollar express as this year I'm pregnant with twins so I wont be rushing to the car hire desk and the wait till be handy as I'm the only driver

Thanks for the advice though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!