Captain's Reception for Castaway Club Members?

1971visitor

Mouseketeer
What can we expect at this reception? Are kids welcome? What's the expected dress? Is there food and drink?

Hi....yes, the whole family and even your guests if you are travelling with non repeat cruises are welcome.

They serve complimentary alcholic and soft drinks and many delicious appetizer type foods. It can get quite crowded due to amount of return cruisers on DCL.

Dress is casual...whatever you would wear on shore or around the ship...I would draw the line at bathing suits and coverups, though....LOL.. Just remember you are also going to run into the Captain there and I always like to dress appropriately.

Forgot to mention it usually is held in Rockin Bar Day and the surrounding clubs if they need overflow space.

MJ

We were at the Captain's meet on the Wonder in June. It was held in Studio Sea. The free drinks were great. I even asked the waitress if my DS5 could possibly have a milk, and she went and got him one. The appetizers were good too. The only bummer was the we never got to meet the captain. We did get to talk to the cruise director, but the captain never made it over. I was hoping for a picture, but we were on first dining rotation and were actually late to dinner cause we waited so long. Oh well, there are other cruises. ;)

Angie

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter