cape may clambake or Boma

willis

Mouseketeer
:confused3 Hi everyone,
I need one more TS for October.
Trying to decide between Cape May clambake or Boma?
Are the clams very good? we love New England clams and all shellfish but have never had any at Disney.

:confused3 Hi everyone,
I need one more TS for October.
Trying to decide between Cape May clambake or Boma?
Are the clams very good? we love New England clams and all shellfish but have never had any at Disney.

I have never had the clambake at CM so I can't really help you there. The crab legs are good and we had shrimps one night and were delicious! Boma is excellent though! I would recommend you try it :thumbsup2 Their prime rib is divine! and my family loves the banana pudding with vanilla sauce! yummy! :yay:

I'd pick Boma. The seafood at Cape May is average at best. The crab legs were all watery. The clams did not have any real flavor, and the mussels had a really strong smell. I'm not sure about clams at other WDW restaurants, but the crab is much better at Fulton's, and mussels were better at Artist Point and Flying Fish.

We've eaten at both in the past year and here's our two cents:

Boma:
Food was good but we have some picky eaters in the group and not all of the choices there were a hit. But if you're a daring eater and like to try different cuisines then you may like Boma.

Cape May:
Everyone in our party LOVED the food and choices here. There is truly something for everyone. As for the seafood: DH liked the mussels and clams and did enjoy them however, we are true New Englanders who have access to seafood 24/7 if we really wanted to eat it, and you just can't compare our seafood to the seafood in Florida BUT we would still highly recommend Cape May. The crab legs were VERY GOOD and cooked just right. The clam chowder was also VERY GOOD. We like Cape May so much that it is a must on every trip now and we are looking for to eating there again on our upcoming trip in October.

Hope that helps.

:scared1:
I know a lot of people write about how much they love Boma, but we are not not fans. We tried it after reading so many positive posts and really didn't care for the food. Everything was unusual and even the chicken had such a smoky flavor we didn't like that. Ended up eating off the kids food area. Expensive mac and cheese and chicken fingers! :rotfl:

My family still laughs and votes it as our worst dinner out ever (not even just at WDW)! :rotfl2:

If you like to try new foods you may love it, but really read the menu before you go would be my advice. :goodvibes

The clambake is more of your standard food choices for a clambake(clams,shrimp,chowder,corn on the cob,potatoes,salad bar etc..) and the standard Disney choices for the kids as at Boma they have many dishes that require you to have an open palate...been to both and the clambake always wins with my crew.

We really enjoyed both buffets. I think the clams are good, though I agree that the crab legs were difficult to crack because they were somewhat soggy. The fried shrimp were excellent, though, as was the chowder.

Have fun making your decision.

:)

My family enjoys both buffets and have ADR's for both on our upcoming trip. They are very different from one another. CM is a seafood buffet with a lot of "regular" food items also. It is a fun place and we enjoyed our food. Sometimes the wait staff are a little slow there. Boma was one of our faves, but has a lot of unusual items to choose from. We are pretty adventurous, so this was not an issue. There is plenty to choose from at either place, and great desserts also. Hope you have fun!

Boma has an edge over CM Clam Bake for us. We do like the Cape May buffet and have eaten there more than once. I thought the clams were fine...not amazing, but good. My kids enjoyed the crab legs and I prefer the Oreo bon bons to the Zebra Domes at Boma. There is nothing at CM that you couldn't get somewhere else though. Boma has a wonderful variety of foods you would not have the opportunity to eat elsewhere. They also have the *same* old same old as far as the kids' options...mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, etc at Boma. AKL is a great destination resort! The gift shop, the drumming, the animals...

My family has enjoyed both, BUT I'd say go for Boma if you don't mind being a little adventurous with food. Cape May has a good selection for the less adventurous and the seafood is good for an all-you-care-to-eat buffet. My main issue with Cape May was the buffet layout. It wasn't very crowd friendly. Seemed like there was always a big line wrapping around it.

Boma wins hands down for our family. DH and I both thought Cape May was a waste of money and will never go back/ . Obviously different strokes for different folks. Enjoy whatever you decide.

I have never been to Boma so I cannot say for sure whether one is better than the other. However, as a family partial to seafood, we have loved Cape May Cafe dinner buffet. The crablegs were great, LOVED the mussels and the ribs, and there was plenty of other choices (but save room for dessert, their oreo bonbons = heaven!)

We always have a great experience there so good luck with whatever you choose!

Checking out the menus for both ahead of time is a great idea. We had dinner at both 3 years ago and are going back to Boma this trip. My better half & I thought that the food at Boma was fabulous. He was underwhelmed by Cape May. We live a hop & a skip from CT & MA so I'd rather get my seafood there.

If your group is more adventurous definitely try Boma.

I have never been to Cape May, but my Aunt and Uncle went in May and came back raving about it. They said it was their favorite meal there.

I have been to Boma, however, and I love it. It seems that it's divided between people who love it and people who hate it. I'm not exactly an adventurous eater, but I love Boma. My parents don't like it. I think it's just something you have to try. Not even looking at the menu helped me to decide if I should go or not. There's some out-there foods and there's some normalish foods. And the desserts are great. I'd go there just for the Zebra Domes.

Wow 2 very opposite buffets you would think the choice is easy. Well if you like mussels clams seafood then clambake is not out. The clambake ive done at least 5 times.Loved loved it once the other 4 times it was good to great. You need to like seafood here also serves good ribs soups salads. The desserts here were lacking however my last visit they did improve the dessert area.They even had a guy who would prepare your dessert.
Boma has a big variety of items with great desserts. Its hard to describe Bomas stuff but we love it here to. Have ate here about 5 times to but 2 times breakfast (very good).
Overall Boma wins for me when recommending it to someone but if I could go right now I would go to the clambake

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!