Cape may cafe breakfast with multiple allergies (including wheat and eggs)

disfan07

DIS Veteran
So we haven't been to a TS breakfast since i was diagnosed with egg and peanut allergies in 2008. Since then I have been diagnosed with about 10 more allergies.

But for our trip in June, I really want to do a TS breakfast and one of my moms favorite character is Donald so I was considering cape may cafe for our EPCOT day.

My allergies are: peanuts, eggs, shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, oats, coconut, sesame, soy protein (not soy lechitin or soybean oil), sunflower seeds (not sunflower oil), broccoli, ginger, all raw fruits (except grapes), all raw vegetables.

So I was wondering if anyone knew if they can make allergy friendly waffles here? That's what's I really want.

If I can have allergy waffles with some breakfast potatoes, breakfast meat and grapes I will be all set!

Thanks

I'd get in touch with Special Diets. If you have 4 or more allergies, they will need to assist you. From everything I've heard, they'll make sure you get a meal that you can eat.

I'd get in touch with Special Diets. If you have 4 or more allergies, they will need to assist you. From everything I've heard, they'll make sure you get a meal that you can eat.

I've never actually contacted special diets. We went in December with all the same allergies and just marked it on the reservation and everything was great.

I know that there will definitely be something I can eat, but I also know some places cannot/do not make the allergy free waffles. They ony have Vans which I am allergic to and the allergy free waffles are a very special treat!

I don't recall if they use the Bob's or the Namaste but we did definitely get Mickey waffles each time we've eaten there. If I remember correctly, they tasted more like Bob's.

For breakfast meats, we got both bacon and sausage. The chef also cooked up a really tasty breakfast potato/hashbrown. Grapes were definitely among the fruits we got so there should be no problem getting just grapes (he brought out only ones that we can actually eat based on our conversation).

I don't recall if they use the Bob's or the Namaste but we did definitely get Mickey waffles each time we've eaten there. If I remember correctly, they tasted more like Bob's.

For breakfast meats, we got both bacon and sausage. The chef also cooked up a really tasty breakfast potato/hashbrown. Grapes were definitely among the fruits we got so there should be no problem getting just grapes (he brought out only ones that we can actually eat based on our conversation).

Thanks! I've been waiting for your responses....lol. I know your almost always able to answer my questions!

So should I contact them as well to find out about the pancake mix? Do you think they could get me namaste if I called ahead of time?

I can't imagine that they wouldn't be able to get the Namaste mix if they don't already have it on hand at one of the BC/YC restaurants. The chefs I worked with at YC and BC when we stayed at YC were very helpful. There was no CS food we could eat anywhere at the resort but the chefs at the TS locations were all fabulous.

If I was you, I'd start a Word document (or whatever software you prefer to use) with a running list of questions and when you're ready to contact Special Diets you can just copy/paste from the document into your email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter