Capacity rules for onsite guests?

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
We are scheduled for a trip the week after Easter. We are at the RPH, so we will have EP and will have 4 full days to visit. Based on what we saw at Christmas, I am expecting the higher crowds that some have noted in other threads. Where I am confused is on the details of the capacity rules for onsite guests. Can someone tell me if/when onsite guests can and cannot get into parks that reach capacity?

This was sent out on 12/30 direct from Universal. For the whole week of Christmas the message was the same, that resort guests still were able to access the parks. Previous information sent out stated that when parks reach capacity, resort guests would be the first to gain entrance to the parks. So as of now, this is what I would go by, but it could change by Spring Break.

OPERATIONAL UPDATE:
We have reached capacity on 12/30/2020 at 8:10AM at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and our parking garages are now closed to further guest entry. Universal hotel guests are still able to access our parks. Date-based tickets for today’s date are no longer on sale. Flexible tickets that are not date-specific are still available for purchase, but guests may not be able to use the flexible ticket to access the parks today if they remain at capacity.

We appreciate your patience. For real-time updates, please check UniversalOrlando.com or the Official Universal Orlando Resort App, or call the Universal Orlando Resort Capacity Hotline at 407-817-8317.

That is very interesting. We had heard that onsite guests had priority access when the parks got full. Fortunately, during our Thanksgiving trip, we did not run into the issue. But for our upcoming Feb trip, I'm thinking it might happen. Good to know that we don't need to rush into the parks early to hold a spot...

I feel like there was some official park wording around Christmas strongly encouraging their onsite guests to use early entry. That would be my plan, at least the first day, so you can see how things shake out.

We stayed onsite over Thanksgiving and experienced Universal Studios at capacity. We were able to get in through the resort guest entrance without waiting and I did not see a wait in that line at any point. If you had the room key, you walked right in.

We are scheduled for a trip the week after Easter. We are at the RPH, so we will have EP and will have 4 full days to visit. Based on what we saw at Christmas, I am expecting the higher crowds that some have noted in other threads. Where I am confused is on the details of the capacity rules for onsite guests. Can someone tell me if/when onsite guests can and cannot get into parks that reach capacity?
On-site guests will not be refused entry. If you’re staying onsite, you can get in, period. We walked past hundreds of people in line, up to the “Hotel guest” entrance, and got right in, multiple days in a row, over Christmas.

On-site guests will not be refused entry. If you’re staying onsite, you can get in, period. We walked past hundreds of people in line, up to the “Hotel guest” entrance, and got right in, multiple days in a row, over Christmas.

This is great to know. What were the EP waits like that week? I'm expecting that Easter week could be close to as bad as Christmas was, so I'm just curious what to expect.

This is great to know. What were the EP waits like that week? I'm expecting that Easter week could be close to as bad as Christmas was, so I'm just curious what to expect.
We didn’t have EP that trip. Waits were fairly long through the middle of the day, better in the mornings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter