capacity in the parks with new system? will it be full with all hotel guests?

muffyn

"hmmm*
with the reduced, possibly 50% of the parks capacity, does anyone have numbers for that? & how many guests are full capacity in resorts?
I was wondering if the parks will be full with only hotel guests & offsite visitors will be locked out. ( they say hotel/ticketed guests will have 1st chance at entry.)
OH, I can also see that many many people do not pay attention to all this & will show up at gates without knowing you need a reservation.

I kinda feel like they should give resort guests priority since they are spending the most money at Disney per day, because how can Disney reasonably sell rooms when people can't get into the parks? I think APs, Golden Oak and Club 33 Members will be in that top tier of guests (with resort guests) guaranteed to get into at least one park. And who knows, maybe there will be tiering within the APs. It would be just like their normal capacity closures only the capacity is 20,000 instead of 80,000. These numbers are random guesses of course, idk what they actually are.

Part of me thinks the actual numbers in terms of capacity are going to be higher than the resort guests (and other affinity groups) so non-resort guests will get to go too. Let's just say each park can let in 20,000, that's still 80,000 people that can go into a park, maybe just not the one they want. It just might be harder to get into MK than it would be to get into Epcot.

with the reduced, possibly 50% of the parks capacity, does anyone have numbers for that? & how many guests are full capacity in resorts?
I was wondering if the parks will be full with only hotel guests & offsite visitors will be locked out. ( they say hotel/ticketed guests will have 1st chance at entry.)
OH, I can also see that many many people do not pay attention to all this & will show up at gates without knowing you need a reservation.
Expect park capacity to be well under 50%, and yes, the number of potential resort guests will likely overwhelm the capacity. However, Chapek said that they would only open as many hotels as they need to, so expect some resorts not to open, particularly resorts without attached DVC properties.

Disney will likely have to reaccommodate people who already have ticketed on site reservations just to get the crowd levels low enough. So I imagine off site guests will get rescheduled or refunded. Most off site guests probably haven’t purchased tickets yet as there is little reason to prior to 30 days out, and Disney has said that people holding dated tickets will have priority over those not holding tickets (the limited number of off site guests with tickets will probably fall somewhere in priority behind onsite ticketed guests and DVC and ahead of the general public).

The one exception is that Swan and Dolphin are confirmed to be treated as on-site for all of this.

I’m curious to what their capacity will be?
It seems right now they only reach max capacity a few times a year. (Christmas and New Years come to mind)
Also, when I have gone at Christmas I have gotten the alerts for MK being full and maybe Epcot once, but I don’t recall all of them hitting full capacity in the same day.
So, if they are only allowing, let’s say, 40% capacity would that be like the crowd level in early February?
I have no idea on any of their numbers, but if they are basing it on their actual max capacity it seems to me it would be rare that on any regular given day they would have that many guests trying to visit. (Except maybe the first day or weeks they reopen)
However, the world is turned upside down right now, so who knows?!?!

Disney hasn't released numbers and they probably won't until the reservation system kicks in, if at all

Just noting there is a lot of speculation in this thread. Nothing has been announced regarding capacity, numbers, etc.

While interesting to speculate, just keep in mind this is a very much wait and see kind of topic right now.

I think the majority will definitely be resort guests, but it will also depend on how much time those resort guests want to spend in the park. I like to have a rest day about every three days, so for an 11 day trip like I have in August, I am hoping for 8 park days. That would leave three slots open for someone else. Whether that would end up being another resort guest or a local/offsite guest, I would not know.

Does anyone know, for example, in September which % of capacity do parks reach? Just to have an idea of crowds.

Because even on the low attendance days some queues can get to 40 or 60+ minutes.

Does anyone know, for example, in September which % of capacity do parks reach? Just to have an idea of crowds.

Because even on the low attendance days some queues can get to 40 or 60+ minutes.
When in September? Last year during EEMH right after SWGE and Hurricane Dorian scared away everyone the crowd levels were pretty darn low - these are guesstimates now - on party days MK was maybe peaking at 40% and non party days 55%? Epcot in the day on weekdays was probably peaking at something like 20% and weekend evenings maybe at 40%?

I don’t have much of a sense for the other 2 parks.

You have to figure that even on those lower attendance days, people had FP. So you’re getting those 40-60 minute queues in large part because people are “cutting” the line with their FP.

My hope is the parks will be like the EEMH last year. Because all the parks opened with EEMH last fall, the crowds were spread out (unlike the regular EMH that’s only one park and draws big crowds). No FP during EEMH, but lines moved quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter