Can't make park reservation for December 26th or the days after.

lurpee

DIS Veteran
We are in the park on the 29th of December and booked through Disney Travel. We have tickets purchased as well. The last time I called Disney Travel they said we would be needing to make theme park reservations starting on the 31st of August for our December 29th date. However the website has only shown them with the slash "/" on the dates for the 26th and after. Has anyone been able to make reservations for the 26th? Thanks for any help you can provide on this.
Kerri

Those dates are available for general admission and haven't sold out. I would contact who you booked through.

We ran into the same issue last week, try incognito.
We booked thru Costco travel with arrival on 12/26 for 5 days. Last week I made all our reservations but had to get on the phone with Disney travel for day one due to it showing our dates blocked. I also found that I had to wait until around 8am Pacific. (I live in Central time).

Thank you everyone who replied. I kind of panicked when I read your responses yesterday morning and got through to Disney Travel. I might want to repost this or try to change the title because the problem for some reason was that I needed to use an "InPrivate" window in Microsoft Edge.

To do this go to the "..." in the upper right browser below the "X" to close the browser window. Select "New InPrivate window" and go login to Disney. I do not understand why this worked as I couldn't see anything different in my app as well as Safari on my iPhone, but for whatever reason this worked. We now have reservations. I was literally writing this out yesterday morning right after I booked the reservations, and I was interrupted by a crazy phone call. Thank you again for taking the time to tell me that the reservations were available. Seriously!

Thank you everyone who replied. I kind of panicked when I read your responses yesterday morning and got through to Disney Travel. I might want to repost this or try to change the title because the problem for some reason was that I needed to use an "InPrivate" window in Microsoft Edge.

To do this go to the "..." in the upper right browser below the "X" to close the browser window. Select "New InPrivate window" and go login to Disney. I do not understand why this worked as I couldn't see anything different in my app as well as Safari on my iPhone, but for whatever reason this worked. We now have reservations. I was literally writing this out yesterday morning right after I booked the reservations, and I was interrupted by a crazy phone call. Thank you again for taking the time to tell me that the reservations were available. Seriously!
I never try to access Disney’s website without using incognito mode. It’s that bad. Only site I have to do that on.

I think the website might be doing the same thing to me now! Is anyone seeing dates past Jan 8th? Either the website is acting up again or they haven't opened any new park days in about a week.

I think the website might be doing the same thing to me now! Is anyone seeing dates past Jan 8th? Either the website is acting up again or they haven't opened any new park days in about a week.
I can't see anything past January 8th right now and I am using the InPrivate window. Hopefully someone else can verify but otherwise if you have time, maybe just call Guest Services and put it on speaker while you're on hold.

I just checked as well and am only seeing through January 8th. Super weird.

I am hoping to go mid January and have been checking back for awhile and only get to January 8. Glad I am not the only one, I guess.

People are speculating on Facebook there might be a ticket price increase or that they might be getting rid of the reservation system... I really hope neither are true. :(

People are speculating on Facebook there might be a ticket price increase or that they might be getting rid of the reservation system... I really hope neither are true. :(
I'd be shocked to see them drop the reservation system in the middle of the busiest week of the year. Meanwhile, I would not be shocked to see them raise prices that week. But that hasn't been how they've gone about it previously.

I'd be shocked to see them drop the reservation system in the middle of the busiest week of the year. Meanwhile, I would not be shocked to see them raise prices that week. But that hasn't been how they've gone about it previously.
The second week of January is the busiest week of the year? I always thought that was Christmas/New Years week.

In the past do they usually give a warning if prices are going to go up?

My only other guess was maybe something to do with MagicBands, but of course I really have no idea.

Anyone tempted to purchase tickets through a 3rd party now to lock in rates just in case? Others have mentioned they are buying tickets from Disney now and then cancelling their reservation after check out.

Has anyone called Guest Relations to find out what is going on?
I messaged them through the app and all they would tell me is this...

"Reservations have currently been put on hold for all dates past January 8, 2023. Dates after this will be released in the near future, so please continue to check online for updates."

The second week of January is the busiest week of the year? I always thought that was Christmas/New Years week.

In the past do they usually give a warning if prices are going to go up?

My only other guess was maybe something to do with MagicBands, but of course I really have no idea.

Anyone tempted to purchase tickets through a 3rd party now to lock in rates just in case? Others have mentioned they are buying tickets from Disney now and then cancelling their reservation after check out.
The title of the thread mentions the problem starting on December 26th. That's the busiest week of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter