Candlelight Processional Dining Packages

jshadd

Mouseketeer
Is anyone able to make reservations for Candlelight Processional Dining Packages today? I've been trying but still doesn't show availability even though reservations were to open up on Oct 25.

They still don't have narrators for some of the dates. I hope we won't have to reserve dates without knowing who the narrator will be!

Has that ever happened in the past?

They still don't have narrators for some of the dates. I hope we won't have to reserve dates without knowing who the narrator will be!

At this point missing the show so much, I don't care who narrates, its the music and the feeling you get sitting through it.
Cannot wait.

At this point missing the show so much, I don't care who narrates, its the music and the feeling you get sitting through it.
Cannot wait.
I understand that many people feel that way. But, for us, the narrator is also an important aspect of the experience, and I would really like to know who is narrating prior to reserving a dining package for a date.

Yes. If you want to go this year, my advice is to book the date that works best for you as soon a you can. Packages are very limited this year compared to years past. IMO, it's the only way to avoid standing in a line for several hours.

Yes. If you want to go this year, my advice is to book the date that works best for you as soon a you can. Packages are very limited this year compared to years past. IMO, it's the only way to avoid standing in a line for several hours.
Yes, I do intend to book a date. Are we allowed to change to cancel dates after booking, in case my plans change?

Almost every year, narrators get filled in later. Keep in mind, narrators also cxl due to many reasons.
It is just the way it works.

Almost every year, narrators get filled in later. Keep in mind, narrators also cxl due to many reasons.
It is just the way it works.
Agreed. In the past, we have had the narrator for our dates switched just a few days before the show. It did not take away from the experience! Although, I do understand that some narrators are favorites for some.

A question I've been thinking about. I wonder if the packages will open up tomorrow for ALL the shows, or just those 60 or less days out. I have not read anything on that. With the packages opening up tomorrow, and it is technically dining, 60 days only goes to Christmas Day. I expect those shows between Christmas and NY's to be very popular and go fast. Or maybe Disney will just open up all the dates 10/26, even those 60+ days.

A question I've been thinking about. I wonder if the packages will open up tomorrow for ALL the shows, or just those 60 or less days out. I have not read anything on that. With the packages opening up tomorrow, and it is technically dining, 60 days only goes to Christmas Day. I expect those shows between Christmas and NY's to be very popular and go fast. Or maybe Disney will just open up all the dates 10/26, even those 60+ days.
In Other years, ALL dates have opened at once. I'm sure that will be the case tomorrow.

But in the past, dining was 180 days out. I am probably WAY overthinking this, and will find out tomorrow morning!
Disney's page for the Candlelight Dining Package says the following:

Make Reservations
Book online beginning October 26 to secure your spot for this limited-time experience. Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 60 days prior to your visit.

Emphasis mine.

I am hoping to get a package so we can go to a 6:45 show. Any idea what time our dining would need to be? I’m open to any of the options, it’s just two of us. But we’d like the 6:45 show and want to do dinner. I was just reading on DFB website that the showing time depends on what time your dining is.

Disney's page for the Candlelight Dining Package says the following:

Make Reservations
Book online beginning October 26 to secure your spot for this limited-time experience. Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 60 days prior to your visit.

Emphasis mine.
So you're saying if I had perhaps just read Disney's information, I would have had my answer?! Thanks. That seems pretty clear to me.

Yes, I do intend to book a date. Are we allowed to change to cancel dates after booking, in case my plans change?
We've been able to do that in past years, so I see no reason why we couldn't this year (subject to availability, of course).

I am hoping to get a package so we can go to a 6:45 show. Any idea what time our dining would need to be? I’m open to any of the options, it’s just two of us. But we’d like the 6:45 show and want to do dinner. I was just reading on DFB website that the showing time depends on what time your dining is.
Out of curiosity, where have you seen there is a 6:45 show? I've not dug into it too deeply, but I've not seen showtimes listed yet.

In the past, they would often run 3 shows a night. The packages for the first show were usually lunch packages. The dinner packages were reserved 2 1/2-3 hours prior to the show you're scheduled for.

I am trying to remember exactly, but in 2019 we were given the 5pm show and we had a reservation between 1;30-2:30pm at Rose and Crown. I remember as soon as we finished eating we walked that way and there was already a line forming for people with the dining package.
So maybe make your reservation for 4ish?

Good Luck.

The last time we booked this was 2018, but I seem to recall that when you booked online you had to choose between set dining times / show schedule combinations. Lunch times corresponded to the earliest show, mid afternoon times to the next, etc. If you wanted to book a different combination - say lunch with the latest show - you had to call and they might be able do that for you. Back then there were three shows per night, but I'm not sure that's going to be the case this year, as they haven't really said - or maybe I just missed it. I guess we'll find out in the morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!